Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
09-08-2015, 03:24 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I'm from Southern California and an agnostic atheist. I was raised very Catholic and "survived" 12 years of Catholic school. Very few people in my world know that I do not believe. Those that do are like-minded. Still keeping it from my family and will probably continue to do so.
Anyway, glad to be joining the forum and I look forward to interesting conversations and points of view.
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like AliKat's post
09-08-2015, 04:43 PM
Welcome Newbies!!!!!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-08-2015, 09:01 PM
(08-08-2015 01:19 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 08:28 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm a 62 year old retired engineer (with a BSc degree in Physics, go figure). I'm a Libra. Guess that covers all the introductory bar talk. My sign actually is Libra, but that has as much weight in my life as the Abrahamic god that I used to believe in up until about 15 years ago, which is zip. I'm now a strong atheist, based on my study of the foibles of the human mind concerning comparative religion, superstition and logic. I was pretty busy with my work up until last October, when I retired. I don't argue with believers, as most of those conversations seem to just go past each other, and consider it a waste of my time (and theirs, but who cares how other people waste their time, as long as they aren't doing damage or wasting my time). I'm actually a fungi (I loves me a pun or two), but I do not suffer fools gladly, and have an extremely acid wit when provoked. I'll post my de-conversion story on the appropriate thread at some point. It will be appallingly dull. Consider yourselves warned. The exciting stuff in my life would probably bore most of you to tears. Trauma seems to be a pretty local phenomenon. BTW, I don't watch TV; I'm more of a mouse potato, and do wood- and metal-working as hobbies, so I'm out in the shop if I'm not punching the buttons on this box. This is the one post in which I will start most sentences with the letter "I", I promise. Wink

Welcome! Self-depreciation aside, you sound like a very interesting person and I look forward to your contributions on this forum

Thanks!
10-08-2015, 04:24 AM
(09-08-2015 09:01 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 01:19 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Welcome! Self-depreciation aside, you sound like a very interesting person and I look forward to your contributions on this forum

Thanks!

*self-deprecation. Damn auto correct!

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Hi Ali, Welcome!
11-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Hi.
I'm new here and i'm an atheist.Nice to meet everyone!
[+] 1 user Likes 666's post
11-08-2015, 12:07 PM
(11-08-2015 10:48 AM)666 Wrote:  Hi.
I'm new here and i'm an atheist.Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome!
11-08-2015, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 01:38 PM by Fireball.)
(08-08-2015 10:45 PM)IntrovertedPostosuchus Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 10:27 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Rebecca, you'd probably better get used to being called IP, or Post... if you can stand being named after a place in Texas! (I was born in the southern tip of Texas, though I rarely admit it, and we moved away just after my 4th birthday.)

Yes, many of us have some version of that story in our own histories, so you're in good company. Welcome to the forum!

And I didn't know Postosuchus was an introvert. Might explain why it died out, being not a good characteristic for an apex predator. You really need to meet a lot of new people if you're going to eat them, I figure. (Sorry, I'm a former biologist... that's a little paleontology humor.) We had a few Triassic formations in central Kansas where I did much of my field biology research, and a really good little museum in Hays, KS, called the Sternberg Museum of Natural History. Worth a checking-out, if you're ever up that way.

I appreciate Mesozoic themed jokes, so you're in good company ( I hate the taste of human flesh anyway, primates are way too gamey ). I would love to see the SMNH, have you ever been to the Museum of the Rockies here in Montana? We have an impressive fossil collection from the Cretaceous period.

Irrelevant questions, did your biology degree contribute your Master's in rocket surgery? Do rockets need anesthetic before operation? What it like having literally the most difficult job in existence?

Welcome, Rebecca. I like your wicked sense of humor, as displayed in those questions you asked RocketSurgeon.
11-08-2015, 01:37 PM
(10-08-2015 04:24 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 09:01 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Thanks!

*self-deprecation. Damn auto correct!

I knew that, but depreciation works, too; as I age I'm worth less and less... 0.o
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
11-08-2015, 01:50 PM
(11-08-2015 01:37 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 04:24 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  *self-deprecation. Damn auto correct!

I knew that, but depreciation works, too; as I age I'm worth less and less... 0.o

Speak for thyself grandpa. I age like fine whine.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
Thread Closed