Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
11-08-2015, 02:00 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(08-08-2015 10:45 PM)IntrovertedPostosuchus Wrote:  Irrelevant questions, did your biology degree contribute your Master's in rocket surgery?

Apart from his Masters in Rocket Surgery he also has a PhD in Brain Science.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
11-08-2015, 02:26 PM
I have none of those things! I have a deep love of all things motorcycle, a knack for TIG welding and metalworking, a fine touch with carburetor setup and head porting/polishing, and a lot of training in how to operate CAD programs that (thankfully) do most of the tensor calculus for me so my designs go more easily... getting the #)%*&ing CNC machine to actually do what I want it to do is a whole other issue. Sad

I do have a B.S. in B.S. (Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences.) Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-08-2015, 06:31 PM
(11-08-2015 02:26 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I have none of those things! I have a deep love of all things motorcycle, a knack for TIG welding and metalworking, a fine touch with carburetor setup and head porting/polishing, and a lot of training in how to operate CAD programs that (thankfully) do most of the tensor calculus for me so my designs go more easily... getting the #)%*&ing CNC machine to actually do what I want it to do is a whole other issue. Sad

I do have a B.S. in B.S. (Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences.) Tongue

heh heh, I have the Schaum's Outline for Tensor Calculus. At work, people kind of freaked, looking at it. It is at home, now that I am retired. You should use BSc for Bachelor's of Science, it is a lot classier on the old résumé than BS. Unless, of course, you happen to be a real expert when discussing droppings under the Sign of Taurus...
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
11-08-2015, 10:22 PM
I like my way of saying it better. Tongue

My ex's dad graduated from Friends University in Wichita, and liked to tell people he got a "BS from FU"... so I picked it up from him.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
12-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Glad to be here!
[+] 1 user Likes 666's post
12-08-2015, 11:07 AM
At least now we know who 666wannabe wants to be!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
13-08-2015, 02:09 PM
(11-08-2015 10:22 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I like my way of saying it better. Tongue

My ex's dad graduated from Friends University in Wichita, and liked to tell people he got a "BS from FU"... so I picked it up from him.

Too funny! I like BS, as well, but use BSc on a résumé. That's pretty anal, I guess. Smile
13-08-2015, 02:11 PM
(11-08-2015 01:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 01:37 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I knew that, but depreciation works, too; as I age I'm worth less and less... 0.o

Speak for thyself grandpa. I age like fine whine.

I'm of the age, but none of my spawn has seen fit to spawn, yet...<grumbles>.
13-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Hello everyone!

I am a theist, and I'm also a recently-returned-to-college student majoring in physics. I hope to teach physics in a high school in the future, so I suspect that the topics on this forum will help me gain a healthy perspective about viewpoints that differ from my own.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
13-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Hello, my name is matt, and I'm 25 and currently an agnostic "light worker" Which is a hard sell to most people LoL. I normally just keep it to basic conversation about alternative perspectives for almost everything. As you could imagine with a mind like mine its hard to find a religion at all that would allow me such liberal speech.

As for what I mean about "light worker" I'm more of one to recommend someone see a doctor about that. Rather than "use magic" hence "agnostic" And I have PDDNOS with a lot of medical conditions so I know my way around medical sites to find out what is wrong with me. I believe that life expectancy has gotten so long that we will all become mentally ill in some way before full on senility hits. But don't worry. Most of it is temporary. As for PDDNOS most people don't notice it now that I'm 25. And PDDNOS basically ends at age 50. And the common man has common ailments that require a doctors attention. Such as depression when a loved one passes. I guess you could say I have a medical personality without a GED. But don't think you can trick me into giving bad advice. I know my way around disclaimers.
[+] 1 user Likes magic matt's post
Thread Closed