Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
19-08-2015, 11:11 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
You all sound so cool. Make your own personal thread in introductions and say mor stuff. Or ... there is a "Share your deconversion story" thread you might want to add to. Sometimes, it can help ground you a little better to get it all hashed out.

Or not.
I gotta make coffee & I want something to read.

Welcome all, Noobs. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
20-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Hey I'm Forsakeheretic (won't ever tell my real name) I'm a 15 year old male closeted bisexual atheist who has come here to meet people who hold my view point
[+] 1 user Likes ForsakenHeretic's post
20-08-2015, 06:46 PM
(20-08-2015 06:30 PM)ForsakenHeretic Wrote:  Hey I'm Forsakeheretic (won't ever tell my real name) I'm a 15 year old male closeted bisexual atheist who has come here to meet people who hold my view point

Welcome!
20-08-2015, 08:09 PM
(20-08-2015 06:30 PM)ForsakenHeretic Wrote:  Hey I'm Forsakeheretic (won't ever tell my real name) I'm a 15 year old male closeted bisexual atheist who has come here to meet people who hold my view point

Welcome to the wide world of heretics
20-08-2015, 08:19 PM

We got many view points here! Tongue Welcome aboard, friend! Shy

21-08-2015, 06:28 PM
Hello everyone, I'm a 43 year old husband and father from Lousyana(Louisiana).

Became an atheist earlier this year!

Grew up in the United Pentecostal Church but was never "in the church", never could get the hang of speaking in tongues!

After a few years went on a "spiritual journey" of sorts! Looking for a belief system that made sense and found the Christadelphians(look them up, it is an actual Christian group).

Still wasn't happy or satisfied with this situation.

All this changed when I got an iPhone and could listen to podcasts, found atheist podcasts and the rest is history!
[+] 3 users Like Whippersnapper's post
21-08-2015, 06:41 PM
(21-08-2015 06:28 PM)Whippersnapper Wrote:  Hello everyone, I'm a 43 year old husband and father from Lousyana(Louisiana).

Grew up in the United Pentecostal Church but was never "in the church", never could get the hang of speaking in tongues!

After a few years went on a "spiritual journey" of sorts! Looking for a belief system that made sense and found the Christadelphians(look them up, it is an actual Christian group).

All this changed when I got an iPhone and could listen to podcasts, found atheist podcasts and the rest is history!

Welcome!
21-08-2015, 10:54 PM
(21-08-2015 06:28 PM)Whippersnapper Wrote:  Hello everyone, I'm a 43 year old husband and father from Lousyana(Louisiana).

I'm in Missouri, now, but I'm a half-Cajun from southwest Louisiana, with family in Baton Rouge, Abbeville, Jennings, Lake Arthur, Lake Charles, and Alexandria/Pineville. Went to Ruston high school, and did a few semesters of flight school at Louisiana Tech (also my parents' Alma Mater, though mom also went on to get her PhD at LSU). I got my biology degree from McNeese, in Lake Charles.

From what part of Lousy-anna do you hail?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
22-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Hello everyone, I'm Ash. That's short for Ashley, but I'm a guy. My mom thought it would be funny to give all of her sons unisex names (and one of her daughters)

I'm 31 years old.. I'm a father of 4 daughters. Most of whom are very young. I was raised 'semi-Christian'. By that I mean that my mother believed in Jesus, but felt that the bible was full of crap. I'm originally from New York City, but now live in Connecticut. I'm happily married, and work at a local newspaper writing for the sports section. My oldest daughter is 11 years old (she's a daughter that I didn't even know I had until recently, by an ex-girlfriend of mine who never even told me she got pregnant, and just assumed it was her other boyfriend's). My next two are soon to be three (Finally out of the terrible twos) they're identical twins. And my youngest is just over a year old.

I've not really been an atheist long. I was more like my mother. Didn't give a crap about organized religion, but did believe in god. Wasn't really something that's instilled in my family. I stopped believing once I stopped and really thought about it.
[+] 4 users Like Ash's post
22-08-2015, 10:05 AM
(22-08-2015 08:52 AM)Ash Wrote:  Hello everyone, I'm Ash. That's short for Ashley, but I'm a guy. My mom thought it would be funny to give all of her sons unisex names (and one of her daughters)

I'm 31 years old.. I'm a father of 4 daughters. Most of whom are very young. I was raised 'semi-Christian'. By that I mean that my mother believed in Jesus, but felt that the bible was full of crap. I'm originally from New York City, but now live in Connecticut. I'm happily married, and work at a local newspaper writing for the sports section. My oldest daughter is 11 years old (she's a daughter that I didn't even know I had until recently, by an ex-girlfriend of mine who never even told me she got pregnant, and just assumed it was her other boyfriend's). My next two are soon to be three (Finally out of the terrible twos) they're identical twins. And my youngest is just over a year old.

I've not really been an atheist long. I was more like my mother. Didn't give a crap about organized religion, but did believe in god. Wasn't really something that's instilled in my family. I stopped believing once I stopped and really thought about it.

Welcome! I feel you will fit in quite well here, we have many members who are very smart and knowledgeable in religion and what not so if you have any questions they are sure to be answered intelligently.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
Thread Closed