Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
23-08-2015, 08:02 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
What to say? Old unbelieving white guy living up here in Maine enjoying the outdoors and my new kayak. Interested in science since I was a kid. Religion never made any sense to me and thankfully my parents were not very religious either so no impetus to push it on me. Sympathies to all those who had to struggle out from underneath that weight.

This is a very upside down world we live in where the adults who don't have imperceptible friends are viewed as the crazy/untrustworthy people.

The truth will not set you free. It will only let you see your chains.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Thameron's post
23-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Welcome Ash!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-08-2015, 11:30 AM
(22-08-2015 08:52 AM)Ash Wrote:  Hello everyone, I'm Ash. That's short for Ashley, but I'm a guy. My mom thought it would be funny to give all of her sons unisex names (and one of her daughters)

I'm 31 years old.. I'm a father of 4 daughters. Most of whom are very young. I was raised 'semi-Christian'. By that I mean that my mother believed in Jesus, but felt that the bible was full of crap. I'm originally from New York City, but now live in Connecticut. I'm happily married, and work at a local newspaper writing for the sports section. My oldest daughter is 11 years old (she's a daughter that I didn't even know I had until recently, by an ex-girlfriend of mine who never even told me she got pregnant, and just assumed it was her other boyfriend's). My next two are soon to be three (Finally out of the terrible twos) they're identical twins. And my youngest is just over a year old.

I've not really been an atheist long. I was more like my mother. Didn't give a crap about organized religion, but did believe in god. Wasn't really something that's instilled in my family. I stopped believing once I stopped and really thought about it.

Welcome!

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2015, 12:29 PM
Welcome Ash and Thameron, I like these usernames.

Enjoy your time here... Cool

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
23-08-2015, 12:32 PM
(23-08-2015 08:02 AM)Thameron Wrote:  What to say? Old unbelieving white guy living up here in Maine enjoying the outdoors and my new kayak. Interested in science since I was a kid. Religion never made any sense to me and thankfully my parents were not very religious either so no impetus to push it on me. Sympathies to all those who had to struggle out from underneath that weight.

This is a very upside down world we live in where the adults who don't have imperceptible friends are viewed as the crazy/untrustworthy people.

Welcome! I love Maine Big Grin
23-08-2015, 04:18 PM
(23-08-2015 12:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Welcome! I love Maine Big Grin

Thanks. Maine is a nice place all in all, and judging from the map I seem to be the only atheist in the state. Undecided

The truth will not set you free. It will only let you see your chains.
23-08-2015, 04:30 PM
(23-08-2015 04:18 PM)Thameron Wrote:  
(23-08-2015 12:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Welcome! I love Maine Big Grin

Thanks. Maine is a nice place all in all, and judging from the map I seem to be the only atheist in the state. Undecided

You aren't. (not me, but I know at least one and since he doesn't have a kayak it can't be you)

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
23-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Welcome, Ash. Good intro.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2015, 04:42 PM
Hi all. You can call me EC. I was a Christian for 35 years, having accepted Jesus as my savior at VBS when I was 12-years-old. I went to one year of Bible College and decided that the pastorate was not for me. I then spent most of my adult life in conservative Christianity until I left it for deism, where I sort of waffled for 3 years. Over the last 2 years, I've read more and more atheist/humanist books as well as listened to quite a few podcasts. I've recently come out to my Christian family as an atheist which, at best, disappoints them and, at worst, makes them concerned for my immortal soul. I would now consider myself a humanist who wants/needs to learn more about how to deprogram myself from religion.
[+] 3 users Like eclectic's post
24-08-2015, 06:13 PM
welcome eclectic - sounds like you will fit in well here. Smile

Be true to yourself. Heart
Thread Closed