Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
24-08-2015, 06:16 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(24-08-2015 04:42 PM)eclectic Wrote:  Hi all. You can call me EC. I was a Christian for 35 years, having accepted Jesus as my savior at VBS when I was 12-years-old. I went to one year of Bible College and decided that the pastorate was not for me. I then spent most of my adult life in conservative Christianity until I left it for deism, where I sort of waffled for 3 years. Over the last 2 years, I've read more and more atheist/humanist books as well as listened to quite a few podcasts. I've recently come out to my Christian family as an atheist which, at best, disappoints them and, at worst, makes them concerned for my immortal soul. I would now consider myself a humanist who wants/needs to learn more about how to deprogram myself from religion.

Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
24-08-2015, 06:30 PM
(24-08-2015 06:16 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 04:42 PM)eclectic Wrote:  Hi all. You can call me EC. I was a Christian for 35 years, having accepted Jesus as my savior at VBS when I was 12-years-old. I went to one year of Bible College and decided that the pastorate was not for me. I then spent most of my adult life in conservative Christianity until I left it for deism, where I sort of waffled for 3 years. Over the last 2 years, I've read more and more atheist/humanist books as well as listened to quite a few podcasts. I've recently come out to my Christian family as an atheist which, at best, disappoints them and, at worst, makes them concerned for my immortal soul. I would now consider myself a humanist who wants/needs to learn more about how to deprogram myself from religion.

Welcome!

Welcome...from me as well.

**Crickets** -- God
24-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Good to meet you, EC. Looks like you'll fit right in.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
25-08-2015, 05:04 AM
Thanks for the welcome, all. This looks like a good-sized forum. If anyone can point me to a few resources on dealing with a believing spouse, I would sure appreciate it. And where are the restrooms? Smile
25-08-2015, 05:23 AM
(25-08-2015 05:04 AM)eclectic Wrote:  Thanks for the welcome, all. This looks like a good-sized forum. If anyone can point me to a few resources on dealing with a believing spouse, I would sure appreciate it. And where are the restrooms? Smile

I would recommend looking over past threads here and seeing if any advice given to other people with the same problems would work for you.

If you want information about religion , Christianity etc. I recommend goodwithoutgod's thread here or the Informational Resource Library here

Restrooms are outside Big Grin

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
25-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Hi all. I am a 57 yr old woman from Queensland, Australia. I've only just discovered TTA recently and it has and will change my life.
I was raised a Seventh Day Adventist going to church schools most of my childhood.
I work on the Aged Care Health area and spend a lot of time on the road, listening to the podcasts. Looking forward to some cool discussions on here.
[+] 4 users Like ExSDA's post
25-08-2015, 10:35 PM
(25-08-2015 07:58 PM)ExSDA Wrote:  Hi all. I am a 57 yr old woman from Queensland, Australia. I've only just discovered TTA recently and it has and will change my life.
I was raised a Seventh Day Adventist going to church schools most of my childhood.
I work on the Aged Care Health area and spend a lot of time on the road, listening to the podcasts. Looking forward to some cool discussions on here.

Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
26-08-2015, 12:46 AM
We have some pretty cool Aussies, here. My respect for the continent Down Under has gone way up since I joined TTA in June! Welcome to TTA, Ex!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
27-08-2015, 12:52 PM
My name is craftyandy. Artist writer filmer and performer. I lost my belief in god at age 22 when I finally started asking the important questions regarding god and the bible. The creationists have only their selves to blame that I got smart about it. Currently I lived married to my husband in ohio at 29.

I go under the name on deviantart and youtube as rotteneggcreations. I make art and videos on a variety of subjects but my political and religois channel is under the name. LEMUR TALKS

Here is the latest video
Perry Stone and the waltz of stupid to benny hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lo4svXBrDc

Hope to entertain see you all around
[+] 1 user Likes Craftyandy's post
27-08-2015, 05:35 PM
(27-08-2015 12:52 PM)Craftyandy Wrote:  My name is craftyandy. Artist writer filmer and performer. I lost my belief in god at age 22 when I finally started asking the important questions regarding god and the bible. The creationists have only their selves to blame that I got smart about it. Currently I lived married to my husband in ohio at 29.

I go under the name on deviantart and youtube as rotteneggcreations. I make art and videos on a variety of subjects but my political and religois channel is under the name. LEMUR TALKS

Here is the latest video
Perry Stone and the waltz of stupid to benny hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lo4svXBrDc

Hope to entertain see you all around

Nice display of people talking in tongues. I've met some people who do that.... I didn't know what to say in response to them. =) Welcome to the forum.
Thread Closed