Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
27-08-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(27-08-2015 12:52 PM)Craftyandy Wrote:  My name is craftyandy. Artist writer filmer and performer. I lost my belief in god at age 22 when I finally started asking the important questions regarding god and the bible. The creationists have only their selves to blame that I got smart about it. Currently I lived married to my husband in ohio at 29.

I go under the name on deviantart and youtube as rotteneggcreations. I make art and videos on a variety of subjects but my political and religois channel is under the name. LEMUR TALKS

Here is the latest video
Perry Stone and the waltz of stupid to benny hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lo4svXBrDc

Hope to entertain see you all around

Welcome!
Find all posts by this user
31-08-2015, 09:17 AM
Hey, I'm Matt from New Hampshire. 30yo father of two wonderful boys. I'm in school for EMS and then nursing and very interested in biological evolution.
NH is very odd for atheist. It's a libertarian state so we're all like "you have every right to be an idiot".

Anyway, I'm mostly here as An observer but every once and a while I cant help but throw my 2 cents in.
[+] 3 users Like spade's post
31-08-2015, 10:01 AM
Feel free to contribute, Spade. We have several motorcycling enthusiasts here, self included, and we're big fans of those in the EMS/EMT profession.

Check out the "Photoshop Jesus" thread to see what Christians seem to think of what's really behind your skillset. Rolleyes

And welcome to TTA!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
31-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Hello! My name is Kenya and I've been "in the closet" so to speak for a good 15 years. I started doubting religion in high school. I grew up in the south with very christian parents/family. They were the church every sunday, drinking and screaming the other 6 day types. I thought that I was on the fence about my beliefs, but just recently I finally realized that wasn't the issue. Deep down, I knew I was atheist, I was just on the fence about having the courage to say it out loud. I found out about a group I would love to join in my area and realized I can't because then people may find out.... can't like certain things on facebook, family might see it.... you would think I was in some secret underground terrorist group or something the way I felt the need to hide. I finally said enough is enough. Talked to my husband (who is christian) and he understood. He wasn't surprised. My struggle with faith was never hidden from him. He's supportive of my wishes. We will each be honest with our (4) kids and let them make their own choices. He doesn't plan to go to any Humanist meetings with me, and understands that I have no desire to go to church with him. I told my mom today.... that was hard. She basically said if I don't see the face of god in my kids, then I must not truly love them. That hurt, I won't lie. Although I know it's bogus and just part of the brainwashing I'm still coming out of, I did have a moment of guilt. Then I looked at the wonder of my 2 year old dancing like a ballerina in front of me, listened to our cat quietly purring beside me and watched the sun lighting up a patch of the backyard and creating a mosaic of shadows and realized this is enough. Science is amazing and wonderful enough. It's time to move on with my life. Thanks for reading if you still are... so glad to find an active forum. Looking forward to making some friends!
[+] 6 users Like kenyacka's post
31-08-2015, 11:01 AM
(31-08-2015 09:17 AM)spade Wrote:  Hey, I'm Matt from New Hampshire. 30yo father of two wonderful boys. I'm in school for EMS and then nursing and very interested in biological evolution.
NH is very odd for atheist. It's a libertarian state so we're all like "you have every right to be an idiot".

Anyway, I'm mostly here as An observer but every once and a while I cant help but throw my 2 cents in.

Welcome!
31-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Hi, I'm new, just looking for some fellow free thinkers. Also, I'm writing a book so I'm always trying to expand my mind to bring forth new ideas and deeper understandings for it's progress.
[+] 1 user Likes MovingOn's post
31-08-2015, 11:55 AM
(31-08-2015 10:59 AM)kenyacka Wrote:  Hello! My name is Kenya and I've been "in the closet" so to speak for a good 15 years. I started doubting religion in high school. I grew up in the south with very christian parents/family. They were the church every sunday, drinking and screaming the other 6 day types. I thought that I was on the fence about my beliefs, but just recently I finally realized that wasn't the issue. Deep down, I knew I was atheist, I was just on the fence about having the courage to say it out loud. I found out about a group I would love to join in my area and realized I can't because then people may find out.... can't like certain things on facebook, family might see it.... you would think I was in some secret underground terrorist group or something the way I felt the need to hide. I finally said enough is enough. Talked to my husband (who is christian) and he understood. He wasn't surprised. My struggle with faith was never hidden from him. He's supportive of my wishes. We will each be honest with our (4) kids and let them make their own choices. He doesn't plan to go to any Humanist meetings with me, and understands that I have no desire to go to church with him. I told my mom today.... that was hard. She basically said if I don't see the face of god in my kids, then I must not truly love them. That hurt, I won't lie. Although I know it's bogus and just part of the brainwashing I'm still coming out of, I did have a moment of guilt. Then I looked at the wonder of my 2 year old dancing like a ballerina in front of me, listened to our cat quietly purring beside me and watched the sun lighting up a patch of the backyard and creating a mosaic of shadows and realized this is enough. Science is amazing and wonderful enough. It's time to move on with my life. Thanks for reading if you still are... so glad to find an active forum. Looking forward to making some friends!

Hi and Welcome!
01-09-2015, 05:07 AM
Hi,

I joined up a couple of days ago, have been a "godless heathen" (mother's terms) since I was 12 and decided having a bible as consolation for the death of my father was a) crap and b) showed what a dickhead yahweh is. I'm a retired police officer from the UK (Metropolitan) with a brain injury (religion related) but am happy trying to read science & philosophy at my own pace (no short term memory).

I'm a totally out atheist, and the only one where I live.
[+] 3 users Like magic roundabout's post
01-09-2015, 06:56 AM
I think some of us need to get more original Life Stories. We basically have only two:

Story One: Everyone is horrible to me because I won't accept their obviously flawed (local version of this one subvariant of a) fairy tale full of human psychological projections and glaring errors of such a fundamental level that even an elementary scientific understanding can prove them wrong in seconds. I have to fight to not be swamped in a sea of hatred and ignorance, and despite all that I have attained great knowledge about science, history, and theology in the process of debunking all the lies and/or ignorance that is slung, constantly, in my direction.

Story Two: Never been religious. Never had a problem. Then I met some religious people and wow, those people were effing bugnuts!!! Glad I never was one of those lunatics.

That's about all I see posted here. I'm in category one.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
01-09-2015, 10:11 AM
Welcome Magic and Moving On!
Thread Closed