Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
12-09-2011, 10:09 PM

RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I'm Michael, born and raised fundamentalist, non-denominational, baptistic Christian. Active in church, taught Sunday school, AWANA, four year degree in Bible/missions from a radically fundamental Bible college, headed for foreign missions, the whole nine yards.

Long story short, a 2.5 year quest to dig up the actual cold, hard facts about why the Bible is solid ended up unraveling my faith entirely. First uttered the word "atheist" in reference to myself somewhere at the beginning of 2010.

When I'm not poking holes in popular misconceptions, I might be rock climbing, mountain biking, or learning about random, useless stuff.
13-09-2011, 10:15 AM

I'm Sheryl, and only recently (within the past year) realized I cannot believe in a god. I was raised Methodist, and I guess bought into all the lies. I'm a skeptic at heart, so it surprises me that it took so long to see the light. (sorry for the pun)

It actually took my sister converting to Mormonism, then being shunned by the local Mormon church to spur my skepticism to tackle religion/god.

I find it can be difficult to talk to friends who have no idea I am atheist. I don't want to lie to them about my belief (or lack there of), but I don't know if I am ready for some of the debates or for them to try to save me.

I suppose as my world view grows, I will gather the courage to speak my mind. I have joined a local atheist group and hope that a new group of friends will help!
13-09-2011, 12:36 PM

Hi! I'm Monica, Mexican, 38 years old, residing in Queretaro, Mexico. I am atheist since I remember! I'm sociologist and translator and am very proud to share with other atheists in the world.
14-09-2011, 02:20 AM

What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!
14-09-2011, 01:50 PM

hi everyone...

I'm a proud father, and an avid surf kayaker in the southeastern US. I'm happy to see thriving atheist communities such as this one. I like Seth's podcasts too.

I was raised christian, though my family is not very religious... also had interests in several religions out of curiosity... but really have always been an atheist..
16-09-2011, 01:44 AM

Hi,
My name is Linda Jamison from USA
I want to join in this forum to learn more knowledge and have more friends.
Look forward to being a part of this community.
16-09-2011, 04:16 AM
My name is Matt. I am awesome.
I was born and raised in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I'm a former member of the US Navy where I served as a nuclear reactor operator for 6 years, along with a few years in the Reserves afterward. I'm currently a student of ancient history and anlgo-saxon literature. Not sure if I want to teach in the future or be in federal law enforcement.
I enjoy long walks on the beach, cuddling in the dark, and....wait this eHarmony right?

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
20-09-2011, 12:29 PM

Hi guys

I am 26 from the UK

Finally decided to register after listen for a while, I hope I can contribute to the community.
21-09-2011, 12:25 PM
61 pages when did that happen? That's not even counting all of the introductions not posted in here otherwise it'd probably be like a thousand pages. Insanity.

Welcome new people. Feel refreshed for the heavy weight of oppression does not dwell within this forum. Though there are a couple theists here, they are pretty good people too. No one said just because you believe you have to be an asshole about it, that's just... the ... way... it usually turns out lol.

The booze is in the fridge and there will be some more fresh baby on the barbecue once Observer gets here.

I always thought barbecue had a q in it... silly red underline.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
22-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Hello fellow....people.
I am Hamata or that's what everyone knows me by. Anyways. I have always been an atheist as I was lucky enough to see the holes in religion from a very early age as it was being pushed on be by people who had no right to (don't worry I let them know in my later years). I enjoy debating my religious....aquaintances about their blind faith. It usally ends up with them spouting nonsense and getting frustrated then me laughing at their frustation. Good times. I do try to be polite about anyone's beliefs but when someone brings up some mindless religous subject at a gathering or something, I am always "that guy" who simply has to say some witty remark.

My hobbie encompass a vast array of activities from gaming to fighting and debating. I consider myself somewhat unusual in the fact that I'm unique in my social prefrences. I dislike convesing with those of similar age because I find that they are simply stupid and I tire of explaining what words mean. I tend to look for intelligent people to "hang around" with as they don't kill as many brain cells.

I am easy to get along with as long as you don't make some impossibly, mind-numbingly, devoid of all thought comment we will get along swimmingly.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
Thread Closed