Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
28-09-2015, 07:10 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I am a former Christian minister(5 years in Ministry). I once was a student of Apologetics from Liberty University. However, my inquisitive mind led me to study the counter-apologetics...and their arguments won. It took me a year of struggle but eventually I outed myself as an atheist. Those around me and family were shocked by my announcement. Supposedly, I went from the "smartest guy they knew" to being a brainless atheist without a clue- LOL!
I am now a 100% disabled Army veteran and am mostly bedridden. However, I spend a lot of my time sharing Freethought and Counter-Apologetics on Facebook. Yes, I find the occasional Christian warning me of Hell fire...but after I start asking them questions they go away. I am just happy that the TTA is going strong and I hope the best for Seth Andrews and all those involved in the podcast. Smile[/align]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like JEKinTX's post
28-09-2015, 07:24 AM
(28-09-2015 07:10 AM)JEKinTX Wrote:  I am a former Christian minister(5 years in Ministry). I once was a student of Apologetics from Liberty University. However, my inquisitive mind led me to study the counter-apologetics...and their arguments won. It took me a year of struggle but eventually I outed myself as an atheist. Those around me and family were shocked by my announcement. Supposedly, I went from the "smartest guy they knew" to being a brainless atheist without a clue- LOL!
I am now a 100% disabled Army veteran and am mostly bedridden. However, I spend a lot of my time sharing Freethought and Counter-Apologetics on Facebook. Yes, I find the occasional Christian warning me of Hell fire...but after I start asking them questions they go away. I am just happy that the TTA is going strong and I hope the best for Seth Andrews and all those involved in the podcast. Smile[/align]

Welcome! Smile
Find all posts by this user
28-09-2015, 07:48 AM
Hello everyone. Kevin here from Indiana, when I was young I questioned everything. Yes I attended church, but still questioned why and no one would answer. As I got older, I read a lot and realized, a)I wasn't alone and b)I'm not crazy. Hope to chat with ya'll soon.
28-09-2015, 07:52 AM
(28-09-2015 07:48 AM)HawkofFreedom Wrote:  Hello everyone. Kevin here from Indiana, when I was young I questioned everything. Yes I attended church, but still questioned why and no one would answer. As I got older, I read a lot and realized, a)I wasn't alone and b)I'm not crazy. Hope to chat with ya'll soon.

Welcome!
28-09-2015, 07:52 AM
(28-09-2015 07:48 AM)HawkofFreedom Wrote:  Hello everyone. Kevin here from Indiana, when I was young I questioned everything. Yes I attended church, but still questioned why and no one would answer. As I got older, I read a lot and realized, a)I wasn't alone and b)I'm not crazy. Hope to chat with ya'll soon.

a) you aren't
b) that remains to be seen! Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-09-2015, 08:03 AM
I became an Atheist the day I first went to church, I was seven. But none the less religious abuse still plagued my life as a result of our moon globe culture, which normalizes such evil being taught to children, and being acceptable at all.

Later in life though I was exposed to a different sort of religion, one that is in denial in the form of 12 step. Mental illness was the result, which later dissipated, as I was able to just get away from that evil mind fuck.

And the "illness" has resided even further the more I embrace my Atheism, and as listening to anti-12 step podcasts helped so much for my mental health in regards to 12 step, I too have found Atheist podcasts invaluable to my over all mental health, and "The Thinking Atheist" has become my favourite.

Science bless you,
[+] 2 users Like oddnes's post
28-09-2015, 08:20 AM
(28-09-2015 08:03 AM)oddnes Wrote:  I became an Atheist the day I first went to church, I was seven. But none the less religious abuse still plagued my life as a result of our moon globe culture, which normalizes such evil being taught to children, and being acceptable at all.

Later in life though I was exposed to a different sort of religion, one that is in denial in the form of 12 step. Mental illness was the result, which later dissipated, as I was able to just get away from that evil mind fuck.

And the "illness" has resided even further the more I embrace my Atheism, and as listening to anti-12 step podcasts helped so much for my mental health in regards to 12 step, I too have found Atheist podcasts invaluable to my over all mental health, and "The Thinking Atheist" has become my favourite.

Science bless you,

Welcome! Love this: "Science bless you." Thumbsup
29-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm so happy that I've found Seth Andrews and this forum. I feel like I've found my tribeSmile

Unfortunately, I was raised as a Christian in the deep south. I thought I knew everything until my wake up call in 2008. I don't want to get into the details now because I want to take a look around the forum first.

I'm glad to be here!
[+] 2 users Like kenyaful's post
29-09-2015, 07:04 PM
(29-09-2015 04:48 PM)kenyaful Wrote:  Hi Everyone!

I'm so happy that I've found Seth Andrews and this forum. I feel like I've found my tribeSmile

Unfortunately, I was raised as a Christian in the deep south. I thought I knew everything until my wake up call in 2008. I don't want to get into the details now because I want to take a look around the forum first.

I'm glad to be here!

Welcome!
30-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Hello. I'm Mike. Originally from California, now in Texas (but on vacation in Florida right now). Been an atheist since I can remember. Can't remember a time in my life where I believed in god. I remember being in church as a small child and not feeling anything. It all seemed so phony from as far back as my memories go. Is it possible to be born an atheist? Haha, guess I was. I look forward to talking to everyone.
Thread Closed