Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
05-10-2015, 08:21 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(05-10-2015 05:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 05:23 PM)WarGoddess Wrote:  Hi, I'm WarGoddess, obviously. I am HouseofCantor's sister

You have our deepest sympathy.

Hug

That's my girl in da house. Bowing

Don't make me kick yo' ass. Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
05-10-2015, 11:19 PM
(05-10-2015 05:23 PM)WarGoddess Wrote:  Hi, I'm WarGoddess, obviously. I am HouseofCantor's sister and I always see him running his neck on these forums, so I figured I'd come see what kind of trouble he is causing.

Hi I'm Buttercup Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
06-10-2015, 07:25 AM
(31-08-2010 09:26 AM)ebilekittae Wrote:  I'm a nineteen-year-old (twenty in less than two weeks) American student that's currently studying abroad in Japan. I plan on pursuing a Ph.D in Linguistic Morphology. I love playing music, especially the drums, and would love to get into a professional band at some point in my life. =P I tend to get into something (usually a video game universe) with all of my being, then bore of it a few weeks later and move onto something else.
You should talk to banjo he's a drummer too I'm sure you would get along well. Welcome to TTA
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
06-10-2015, 07:32 AM
(06-10-2015 07:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(31-08-2010 09:26 AM)ebilekittae Wrote:  I'm a nineteen-year-old (twenty in less than two weeks) American student that's currently studying abroad in Japan. I plan on pursuing a Ph.D in Linguistic Morphology. I love playing music, especially the drums, and would love to get into a professional band at some point in my life. =P I tend to get into something (usually a video game universe) with all of my being, then bore of it a few weeks later and move onto something else.
You should talk to banjo he's a drummer too I'm sure you would get along well. Welcome to TTA

I know why you're talking to her. Wink

I think she's long gone, though. Undecided

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2015, 07:34 AM
(06-10-2015 07:32 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 07:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  You should talk to banjo he's a drummer too I'm sure you would get along well. Welcome to TTA

I know why you're talking to her. Wink

I think she's long gone, though. Undecided

Didn't look at the date I'm such a twat lol
06-10-2015, 09:13 AM
Welcome all new members. I'm new here myself. I'm unsubbing this thread now as I have a lot of notes coming in and finding less time to address them all.
06-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Hi all,

I first heard of Seth and TTA by listening to an interview of him on an AHA Humanist Hour podcast. I had just stumbled onto them, and was somehow shocked to hear other people who think the same way I do. Smile I am incredibly encouraged to hear and see these complicated issues being fleshed out in a humanist/atheist light.

I was born a fourth-generation Oneness Apostolic/Pentecostal (a long-haired skirt girl), and I escaped from that religion and community at the age of 17. That particular doctrine was passed through my maternal line, and I have zero contact with my mother at this point. (I'm 25 now, and do have a somewhat-relationship with my maternal grandmother.) From 17 to around 22, I lived my life with blinders on where religion was concerned. When I finally began to find solid ground for my own core beliefs and morals, I became more comfortable with both reaching out and speaking out.

I have also come to terms with the fact that some facets of my upbringing just can't be resolved, and proselytizing is one of them. I was indoctrinated to 'save the world,' and that drive is definitely still there. The only difference is now I'm working to do it in a different way. I came to this forum because at the moment my only medium of expressing these feelings is Facebook - where half or more of my friends are Apo/Pent and another fourth don't know/don't care about my background and why these issues are so important to me.

I'm really looking forward to reading and discussing. Heavy on my heart at the moment are the long-lasting psychological effects of extreme religion on children. I'm trying to really think through all the various ways I was emotionally manipulated and therefore harmed as a child and young adult, and the way that those items are still influencing my life today. From my perspective, it is borderline child abuse.

Whew, sorry for the book. I'll go back to lurking now Smile
[+] 2 users Like HumanistBabe's post
06-10-2015, 06:10 PM
(06-10-2015 04:55 PM)HumanistBabe Wrote:  Hi all,

I first heard of Seth and TTA by listening to an interview of him on an AHA Humanist Hour podcast. I had just stumbled onto them, and was somehow shocked to hear other people who think the same way I do. Smile I am incredibly encouraged to hear and see these complicated issues being fleshed out in a humanist/atheist light.

I was born a fourth-generation Oneness Apostolic/Pentecostal (a long-haired skirt girl), and I escaped from that religion and community at the age of 17. That particular doctrine was passed through my maternal line, and I have zero contact with my mother at this point. (I'm 25 now, and do have a somewhat-relationship with my maternal grandmother.) From 17 to around 22, I lived my life with blinders on where religion was concerned. When I finally began to find solid ground for my own core beliefs and morals, I became more comfortable with both reaching out and speaking out.

I have also come to terms with the fact that some facets of my upbringing just can't be resolved, and proselytizing is one of them. I was indoctrinated to 'save the world,' and that drive is definitely still there. The only difference is now I'm working to do it in a different way. I came to this forum because at the moment my only medium of expressing these feelings is Facebook - where half or more of my friends are Apo/Pent and another fourth don't know/don't care about my background and why these issues are so important to me.

I'm really looking forward to reading and discussing. Heavy on my heart at the moment are the long-lasting psychological effects of extreme religion on children. I'm trying to really think through all the various ways I was emotionally manipulated and therefore harmed as a child and young adult, and the way that those items are still influencing my life today. From my perspective, it is borderline child abuse.

Whew, sorry for the book. I'll go back to lurking now Smile

Welcome!
06-10-2015, 06:49 PM
Welcome, feel free to jump in if lurking gets too dull. Thumbsup
07-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Hello, my name is Katelyn, but I usually go by Katie. I am a bit of a late bloomer, I started in a softer approach calling myself agnostic around 2 years ago. I eventually came to the conclusion that I should identify as an atheist given made more sense. I didn't drop the agnostic part. I recently picked up listening to The Thinking Atheist podcasts on youtube and decided I would like to join this community to be around more like minds. You see I am a single atheist in a family full of Christians, same with many of my friends as well. I am sure this is fairly common, so I imagine many can empathize. Luckily I can say that thus far nobody has turned their backs on me, but I often get challenged and then told to stop trying to change their beliefs when they don't like the answer I give. Plenty of "weapons grade facepalms" in my life. Anyway glad to be here and hope I am a good fit.
[+] 1 user Likes KatelynJ's post
Thread Closed