Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
13-10-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(12-10-2015 11:57 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-10-2015 11:55 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Welcome motherfucker, have a pleasant stay.

Laugh out load Politeness is not a lost art.
Yeah it is. You just found it by sniffing its location out, whereas I can't do that

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
13-10-2015, 12:07 AM
(11-10-2015 01:45 PM)Dopple Wrote:  Eyooo, hi, fellow thinking atheists. I just deconverted last week (though it was building up for years) after being a non-denom Christian apparently since I was 4. I won't be able to come out for a while (years) until I can get out of here so I've updated all my passwords, added new ones and lengthened old ones and I'm finally ready to join the online atheist community.

You won't believe how much trouble I had trying to pick a username. "HowCanItBe" was too ambiguous, "Wretch" too prone to drama and "Heavenspiss" a tad lacking in class. I don't know what else to say, I'm an accounting major? It's interesting but noooo match for space and evolution and basically all the science I never took an interest in because there was always a lingering thought of "scientists are all godlessly wrong". sigh, idek. But anyway, I'm reading the Magic of Reality right now and the Doppler effect is so cool.
HowCanItBeSoDopple ... See, now that's cool.
Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.(moms said I couldn't get one if I didn't share, so take this teensy little cookie)

13-10-2015, 12:14 AM
(11-10-2015 07:56 PM)Joanna Wrote:  Hello,

I found this site whilst looking for insights on the claim that god is unknowable.. I was reared in a sect and this excuse for lack of evidence was presented on forum where current and ex sect members meet.

Thank you for adding me. I consider religiosity to be a scourge!

Regards,
Welcome to TTA .
I personally believe good can be unknowable depending on your definition of God. But if the I your definition of God makes his existence unknowable and you have no logical reason for me to believe he exists, you shouldn't even bothering me a imo.
Also, why would you write "regards, " without any name? I mean why yyyyyyyuy

13-10-2015, 03:12 PM
(11-10-2015 01:45 PM)Dopple Wrote:  Eyooo, hi, fellow thinking atheists. I just deconverted last week (though it was building up for years) after being a non-denom Christian apparently since I was 4. I won't be able to come out for a while (years) until I can get out of here so I've updated all my passwords, added new ones and lengthened old ones and I'm finally ready to join the online atheist community.

You won't believe how much trouble I had trying to pick a username. "HowCanItBe" was too ambiguous, "Wretch" too prone to drama and "Heavenspiss" a tad lacking in class. I don't know what else to say, I'm an accounting major? It's interesting but noooo match for space and evolution and basically all the science I never took an interest in because there was always a lingering thought of "scientists are all godlessly wrong". sigh, idek. But anyway, I'm reading the Magic of Reality right now and the Doppler effect is so cool.

Welcome! Smile

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2015, 06:31 PM
(12-10-2015 11:50 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 04:55 PM)HumanistBabe Wrote:  Hi all
Welcome to TTA.
Don't lurk, be an active participant. Make the forum a happier place in your own way. TTA forum wouldn't be great if we all just lurked.
Also, you're making me feel strangely violated Tongue
.And what is this " Oneness Apostolic/Pentecostal " you speak of?

Usually if I violate someone I at least try to give them a hug, so **hugs**! Smile

To me, Oneness A/P was:

- one god only
- baptism in 'name of JC' specifically
- outward holy ghost and speaking in tongues
- 'holiness lifestyle' is mandatory (ie skirts and long hair for women)

I was raised in West Virginia, but this doctrine held true at all the churches my family visited across the U.S. over almost two decades. The only thing that really varied was if televisions were allowed in the home (most were not).

The older I get the more it blows my mind that 99% of the people I was raised with in this lifestyle are still living that way. It is such a waste of life! I cringe when I see my former friends with little girls in skirts and long hair.. It's simply not healthy to grow up in a culture of self-hate.
[+] 2 users Like HumanistBabe's post
13-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Hi all,

First post.

From Glasgow lived 14 years Australia, few years in Singapore, now Louisiana.

Favorite song. Motörhead: I Don't Believe a Word

Just glad to be here!

Brgds,

Zippo
13-10-2015, 11:15 PM
(13-10-2015 07:32 PM)Zippo Lightning Wrote:  Hi all,

First post.

Just glad to be here!

Brgds,

Zippo
Welcome random awesome person, welcome

13-10-2015, 11:17 PM
(13-10-2015 06:31 PM)HumanistBabe Wrote:  
(12-10-2015 11:50 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Welcome to TTA.
Don't lurk, be an active participant. Make the forum a happier place in your own way. TTA forum wouldn't be great if we all just lurked.
Also, you're making me feel strangely violated Tongue
.And what is this " Oneness Apostolic/Pentecostal " you speak of?

Usually if I violate someone I at least try to give them a hug, so **hugs**! Smile

To me, Oneness A/P was:

- one god only
- baptism in 'name of JC' specifically
- outward holy ghost and speaking in tongues
- 'holiness lifestyle' is mandatory (ie skirts and long hair for women)

I was raised in West Virginia, but this doctrine held true at all the churches my family visited across the U.S. over almost two decades. The only thing that really varied was if televisions were allowed in the home (most were not).

The older I get the more it blows my mind that 99% of the people I was raised with in this lifestyle are still living that way. It is such a waste of life! I cringe when I see my former friends with little girls in skirts and long hair.. It's simply not healthy to grow up in a culture of self-hate.
Wait
Hug
Now you may violate me.

So this "oneness" you speak of, it means "one God only" ?

14-10-2015, 06:16 AM

First post.

Just glad to be here!

Brgds,

Zippo

Welcome! How did you wind up in Louisiana?

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-10-2015, 08:44 AM
(13-10-2015 11:15 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  

First post.

Just glad to be here!

Brgds,

Zippo
Welcome random awesome person, welcome

Thank you Sir! I appreciate your welcome!

Zippo
Thread Closed