Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
21-10-2015, 11:49 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello Dave and hello Cap'n Congo! Welcome to our corner of the internet universe. Smile

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
21-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Hello, My name is Kevin and I'm a recovering Christian..... Well to be honest it has been a while since I've been a church goer, I was raised in church but I was always "a little too smart for my own good" as my mother would put it. So if anything I would be recovering not from being a Christian but from Christians themselves however I don't think I am recovering.... still suffering from them would be more like it. I questioned my sexuality in my twenties and went to the KJV Bible for help reconciling what I was experiencing which felt like a natural behavior and certainly not a choice. I didn't turn to Atheism as an escape for my lifestyle but because of it I investigated the bibles and texts, coming to conclusion that the more I learned, the less I was certain of. I didn't feel damaged, I was born this way, God doesn't make mistakes but yet I was an abomination. Where was the omnipotence of God? Was God having an off day when I was made? That was the crack in the dam. I can't say it enough.. The more I learned, the less I was certain off..... in any case I'm not here searching for answers, I have found them. I'm am here for the basic human needs of like minded companionship, friendship and conversation.
[+] 1 user Likes Gynxusa's post
21-10-2015, 05:57 PM
(21-10-2015 04:11 PM)Gynxusa Wrote:  Hello, My name is Kevin and I'm a recovering Christian..... Well to be honest it has been a while since I've been a church goer, I was raised in church but I was always "a little too smart for my own good" as my mother would put it. So if anything I would be recovering not from being a Christian but from Christians themselves however I don't think I am recovering.... still suffering from them would be more like it. I questioned my sexuality in my twenties and went to the KJV Bible for help reconciling what I was experiencing which felt like a natural behavior and certainly not a choice. I didn't turn to Atheism as an escape for my lifestyle but because of it I investigated the bibles and texts, coming to conclusion that the more I learned, the less I was certain of. I didn't feel damaged, I was born this way, God doesn't make mistakes but yet I was an abomination. Where was the omnipotence of God? Was God having an off day when I was made? That was the crack in the dam. I can't say it enough.. The more I learned, the less I was certain off..... in any case I'm not here searching for answers, I have found them. I'm am here for the basic human needs of like minded companionship, friendship and conversation.

Welcome, Kevin Smile The only abomination is the Bible itself.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
21-10-2015, 07:26 PM
(21-10-2015 04:11 PM)Gynxusa Wrote:  Hello, My name is Kevin and I'm a recovering Christian..... Well to be honest it has been a while since I've been a church goer, I was raised in church but I was always "a little too smart for my own good" as my mother would put it. So if anything I would be recovering not from being a Christian but from Christians themselves however I don't think I am recovering.... still suffering from them would be more like it. I questioned my sexuality in my twenties and went to the KJV Bible for help reconciling what I was experiencing which felt like a natural behavior and certainly not a choice. I didn't turn to Atheism as an escape for my lifestyle but because of it I investigated the bibles and texts, coming to conclusion that the more I learned, the less I was certain of. I didn't feel damaged, I was born this way, God doesn't make mistakes but yet I was an abomination. Where was the omnipotence of God? Was God having an off day when I was made? That was the crack in the dam. I can't say it enough.. The more I learned, the less I was certain off..... in any case I'm not here searching for answers, I have found them. I'm am here for the basic human needs of like minded companionship, friendship and conversation.

Welcome Kevin, I think you'll like it here, I'm my opinion, this is the best forum ever, community wise.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
21-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Welcome Kevin, I think you'll like it here, I'm my opinion, this is the best forum ever, community wise.
[/quote]

Thanks! I look forward to getting to know you all.... ok some of you all.... well ok ..you. hey got to start somewhere.
21-10-2015, 08:08 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks!!! and our ex's let's not forget them. seriously though, thanks for the welcome. I look forward to chatting with you.
[+] 1 user Likes Gynxusa's post
21-10-2015, 08:08 PM
(21-10-2015 05:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

Did you forget the Qur'an?

Also; g'day Kevin, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-10-2015, 08:16 PM
(21-10-2015 08:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 05:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Welcome, Kevin Smile The only abomination is the Bible itself.

Thank you! I appreciate that. The Qur'an?.... trying to joke about it but the horridness of it just leaves me blank.
21-10-2015, 08:42 PM
(21-10-2015 08:16 PM)Gynxusa Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 08:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Did you forget the Qur'an?

The Qur'an?.... trying to joke about it but the horridness of it just leaves me blank.

Yeah, it's a bit hard to make jokes about it.

It's really not worth losing your head over.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
21-10-2015, 08:47 PM
(21-10-2015 08:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 05:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Welcome, Kevin Smile The only abomination is the Bible itself.

I just meant in relation to the Xtians Tongue
Thread Closed