Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
22-10-2015, 07:23 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi guys,

My name is Boon. I'm from Malaysia, but is now living in Berlin, Germany.
I've been curious about lots of things and have been questioning beliefs for a long time.

Tried to look for God... and Allah, then Buddha... but in the end, nothing was as satisfactory as Atheism. Though I'm not to say that the search for Buddha was the same as for God or Allah, buddhism in the form that I agree with, has no use of the supernatural... It's all psychological analogies...

Anyways... I'm happy to have found Seth's podcast and this forum!

So... happy to be here and HI! Smile

Boon
Find all posts by this user
22-10-2015, 08:42 AM
(22-10-2015 07:23 AM)tekb80 Wrote:  Hi guys,

I've been curious about lots of things and have been questioning beliefs for a long time.

Tried to look for God... and Allah, then Buddha... but in the end, nothing was as satisfactory as Atheism. Though I'm not to say that the search for Buddha was the same as for God or Allah, buddhism in the form that I agree with, has no use of the supernatural... It's all psychological analogies...

Boon

Hi! Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-10-2015, 08:45 AM
(21-10-2015 08:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 08:16 PM)Gynxusa Wrote:  The Qur'an?.... trying to joke about it but the horridness of it just leaves me blank.

Yeah, it's a bit hard to make jokes about it.

It's really not worth losing your head over.
no pun intended ? lol
22-10-2015, 08:47 AM
(22-10-2015 08:42 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(22-10-2015 07:23 AM)tekb80 Wrote:  Hi guys,

Boon

Hi! Big Grin

Welcome Boon, I'm new here myself and your journey seems much the same as mine. Hope to have a chance to talk with you.
22-10-2015, 12:32 PM
(22-10-2015 08:45 AM)Gynxusa Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 08:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yeah, it's a bit hard to make jokes about it.

It's really not worth losing your head over.

no pun intended ? lol

Pun absolutely intended.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-10-2015, 01:13 PM
New here! I'm currently a senior in high school. I have a bunch of questions regarding my religion and I'm starting to see the lies. Unfortunately my family is very conservative and my Uncle is a pastor. I feel lied to scared and brainwashed. Hopefully I can get more information and some of my questions answered by joining this forum. I really need a safe place to write about my current feelings regarding my faith without being judged.
Purpleroses10
[+] 1 user Likes purpleroses10's post
24-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am an objectivist interested in learning about atheism. Jesus, it took 4 tries to spell it right.

Alright, well here I am.

Thanks for this site.

DelightfulMight
24-10-2015, 01:58 PM
(24-10-2015 01:41 PM)DelightfulMight Wrote:  Hello Everyone,

I am an objectivist interested in learning about atheism. Jesus, it took 4 tries to spell it right.

Alright, well here I am.

Thanks for this site.

DelightfulMight

Welcome. What's an objectivist?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-10-2015, 04:14 PM
(24-10-2015 01:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 01:41 PM)DelightfulMight Wrote:  Hello Everyone,

Alright, well here I am.

Thanks for this site.

DelightfulMight

Welcome. What's an objectivist?

wikipedia Wrote:Objectivism is a philosophical system developed by Russian-American writer Ayn Rand. First expressed in Rand's novels, it was later given more formal structure by her designated intellectual heir, philosopher Leonard Peikoff, who characterizes it as a "closed system" that is not subject to change.

Objectivism's central tenets are that reality exists independently of consciousness, that human beings have direct contact with reality through sense perception, that one can attain objective knowledge from perception through the process of concept formation and inductive logic, that the proper moral purpose of one's life is the pursuit of one's own happiness (rational self-interest), that the only social system consistent with this morality is one that displays full respect for individual rights embodied in laissez-faire capitalism, and that the role of art in human life is to transform humans' metaphysical ideas by selective reproduction of reality into a physical form—a work of art—that one can comprehend and to which one can respond emotionally.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-10-2015, 04:31 PM
(19-10-2015 09:14 PM)Captain Congo Wrote:  I tried an intro earlier. Not sure what happened? Oh well, a salute to all. I'm a 49 yr old from the southern United States.. I recently lost faith and gained reality. This looks like a great place to chat with like minded people.

Welcome - join in the conversations. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed