Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
24-10-2015, 04:34 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(24-10-2015 01:13 PM)purpleroses10 Wrote:  New here! I'm currently a senior in high school. I have a bunch of questions regarding my religion and I'm starting to see the lies. Unfortunately my family is very conservative and my Uncle is a pastor. I feel lied to scared and brainwashed. Hopefully I can get more information and some of my questions answered by joining this forum. I really need a safe place to write about my current feelings regarding my faith without being judged.
Purpleroses10

Welcome to TTA. There's plenty of information to be had here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Hello. I'm a young adult living in Ohio in the United States. My job here is to take care of the mentally and physically handicapped. I was raised in a non-denominational church and am the only Atheist member of my family. It's nice to meet you all. I hope to stick around for some time to come but forums and I have never really clicked before (I always forget about them). Hopefully this time it will be different.

Smoke pan every day!
Find all posts by this user
26-10-2015, 06:20 AM
Hello, I'm just a free thinker who is interested in various points of view and new concepts. And I like to keep up on current events and or innovations. Thanks
[+] 1 user Likes Valaista's post
26-10-2015, 10:52 AM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
26-10-2015, 11:00 AM
(25-10-2015 10:51 AM)InfiniteIkari Wrote:  Hello. I'm a young adult living in Ohio in the United States. My job here is to take care of the mentally and physically handicapped. I was raised in a non-denominational church and am the only Atheist member of my family. It's nice to meet you all. I hope to stick around for some time to come but forums and I have never really clicked before (I always forget about them). Hopefully this time it will be different.

Smoke pan every day!

From one Ohioian to another, welcome! Big Grin

**Crickets** -- God
27-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Hello fellow atheists! I have finally made it to the forums after listening to the podcast for a year now!
I am a deConverted evangelical of 3 years now living in Portland, Oregon. I whole-heartedly thought that I would be a missionary in Africa by now but, alas, my church kicked my ass out (when they found out that I was gay) and after almost ending my life, my secular friends picked me up and showed me that there was a great life out here on a great planet. (This is obviously a very short version of my story).
Anyways! I am 33 and living here in the beautiful PacNW with my husband and life is great!
Today's podcast hit me hard with the talk of street epistemology since until a few years ago I was actively street preaching on Friday nights with my church in the streets of my my [then] hometown of St Petersburg, Fl. I stared having flashbacks but this got me excited that there may be a way to make up for all those nights of myth preaching with Socratic reasoning.

I can't wait to explore the boards here (it reminds me of the old boards I used to be active on on a gay christian website long ago).

Cheers!

Ryan
28-10-2015, 12:00 AM
Welcome aboard, Ryan. Thumbsup
28-10-2015, 12:03 AM
Hi Ryan welcome Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
28-10-2015, 06:22 AM
(27-10-2015 11:29 PM)RyanConifer Wrote:  Hello fellow atheists! I have finally made it to the forums after listening to the podcast for a year now!
I am a deConverted evangelical of 3 years now living in Portland, Oregon. I whole-heartedly thought that I would be a missionary in Africa by now but, alas, my church kicked my ass out (when they found out that I was gay) and after almost ending my life, my secular friends picked me up and showed me that there was a great life out here on a great planet. (This is obviously a very short version of my story).
Anyways! I am 33 and living here in the beautiful PacNW with my husband and life is great!
Today's podcast hit me hard with the talk of street epistemology since until a few years ago I was actively street preaching on Friday nights with my church in the streets of my my [then] hometown of St Petersburg, Fl. I stared having flashbacks but this got me excited that there may be a way to make up for all those nights of myth preaching with Socratic reasoning.

I can't wait to explore the boards here (it reminds me of the old boards I used to be active on on a gay christian website long ago).

Cheers!

Ryan
28-10-2015, 06:23 AM
Greetings Ryan, we hail from the same neck of the woods. I'm in Salem.
Thread Closed