Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
28-10-2015, 08:07 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome, Ryan.

Nightshift- We are considering relocating to Salem within a few years. We visited two years ago and like the place. It is good to see that there are atheists I might get to know before we move.
Find all posts by this user
29-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone. I'm a 52-year-old lawyer living outside of Philadelphia. I've been an agnostic atheist for a few years now. My deconversion was gradual and based on reading and listening to a lot of material from atheists and religious people. It all started with reading Dawkins' The God Delusion, and it was all downhill from there. Wink

I've been listening to The Thinking Atheist podcast for a few months, and I also love Penn's Sunday School and The Ardent Atheist.

I look forward to learning from you good people.
29-10-2015, 11:44 AM
(29-10-2015 11:07 AM)Bandoman Wrote:  Hi everyone. I'm a 52-year-old lawyer living outside of Philadelphia. I've been an agnostic atheist for a few years now. My deconversion was gradual and based on reading and listening to a lot of material from atheists and religious people. It all started with reading Dawkins' The God Delusion, and it was all downhill from there. Wink

I've been listening to The Thinking Atheist podcast for a few months, and I also love Penn's Sunday School and The Ardent Atheist.

Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-10-2015, 12:12 PM
(29-10-2015 11:07 AM)Bandoman Wrote:  Hi everyone. I'm a 52-year-old lawyer living outside of Philadelphia. I've been an agnostic atheist for a few years now. My deconversion was gradual and based on reading and listening to a lot of material from atheists and religious people. It all started with reading Dawkins' The God Delusion, and it was all downhill from there. Wink

Welcome to the fourm Bandoman.

I lived in Philadelphia when I was going to college, in the early 2000's. What a sleepy city. Anyway I think this forum could use a good lawyer. We have a number of scientists. It would be great for someone that could come at this from a legal angle.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
30-10-2015, 06:43 AM
Hi for everyone , I'm a searcher for the reality of the world and the right way
30-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone.. I'm an ex-blue collar worker from Eastern Canada, I've been very interested in the whole "new atheist" movement since I watched 9/11 on the TV.

I've been an atheist for about 30 years now.
Hope to learn a lot.. I learn by my mistakes, and I make an extraordinary amount of them.
30-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Welcome Newbies!
30-10-2015, 03:51 PM
[Image: Doctor_who_wave_hello_hi_gif.gif]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
31-10-2015, 06:35 PM
G'day people...

I'm a lifelong (too long!) atheist from that great secular country Downunder. After being brought up by conservative Christian parents, I began to think that something didn't make sense... a special friend up in the sky? WTF? So, by the time I hit my late teens I was a fully-fledged atheist... and there's nothing quite like a full fledge is there?

That was around 50-plus years ago, and not having any faith (belief without evidence?) in millennia-old fairy stories, fantasies and myth, here I stand, or sit, a better person for it.

I'll be looking forward to engaging is some thinkingfull debate with like-minded atheists—and maybe the odd (usually very odd) theist if they're game.

Cheers. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
31-10-2015, 07:03 PM
[Image: Welcome-12-june_zpsc8b9a7e4.gif]
Thread Closed