Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
02-11-2015, 06:51 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi.

I'm the most statistically unlikely atheist ever. I'm female, in my forties, politically quite conservative, and originally from an extremely religious Caribbean country, but schooled in glorious, secular Europe. Oh, and I'm Black. Yeah. But here I am.

I've lurked on Seth's youtube channel for years. Today is the 5th anniversary of my mum's death, and the grief without god podcast, as with each preceding anniversary, has helped me immensely. I was Hitchslapped (and whatever the verb is for what Aron Ra does; - can we get on a verb for Aron, please? but I digress,) into reality about 8 years ago, after a messily unconventional (catholic/anglican/baptist/vaguely spiritual/woo-woo hippy dippy) upbringing followed by a serious evangelical, denim jumper and homeschooling, full on praise team, potluck, focus on the family, loony life while my children were young. So that happened. Yeah. But here I am.

There's more. But here I am. Pleased to meet you. Finally.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like btozed's post
02-11-2015, 08:49 PM
(02-11-2015 06:51 PM)btozed Wrote:  Hi.

I'm the most statistically unlikely atheist ever. I'm female, in my forties, politically quite conservative, and originally from an extremely religious Caribbean country, but schooled in glorious, secular Europe. Oh, and I'm Black. Yeah. But here I am.

I've lurked on Seth's youtube channel for years. Today is the 5th anniversary of my mum's death, and the grief without god podcast, as with each preceding anniversary, has helped me immensely. I was Hitchslapped (and whatever the verb is for what Aron Ra does; - can we get on a verb for Aron, please? but I digress,) into reality about 8 years ago, after a messily unconventional (catholic/anglican/baptist/vaguely spiritual/woo-woo hippy dippy) upbringing followed by a serious evangelical, denim jumper and homeschooling, full on praise team, potluck, focus on the family, loony life while my children were young. So that happened. Yeah. But here I am.

There's more. But here I am. Pleased to meet you. Finally.

Welcome Smile
03-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Hey Everyone,

Our forum has grown over the years and after some discussion The Forum Team has decided to close this very long thread. It's become a bit like background noise on the forum, not everyone pays attention to it. It's not a terrible thing, but when a noob starts a new thread, they're more likely to be welcomed by more of us. Wink

Naturally, we will keep it on the forum so that any who wish to can read it for nostalgia.

We encourage new members to start their own intro threads in the Introduction section.

TTA
Forum Team

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Thread Closed