Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
28-09-2011, 05:38 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I'm Gawdzilla. Just your average 191.2 meter fire-breathing mutant lizard-thingy. I survived the Feral OT slaughter at RDF and now prowl the Internet without leave or hindrance.

I made a video about my own "coming out" as an atheist in the hopes some other people would find it a workable method for themselves.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Hello all. I'm new. I'm more of an agnostic, but I like handing out in these forums as I like the intelligent conversation. Smile

Nice to be here!

Chris
Find all posts by this user
28-09-2011, 05:12 PM
(28-09-2011 11:40 AM)Beachdragon Wrote:  Hello all. I'm new. I'm more of an agnostic, but I like handing out in these forums as I like the intelligent conversation. Smile

Nice to be here!

Chris
Good on you Chris. Unlike some atheist forums this one is very open.
As for ""agnostic" versus "atheist" I don't think the jury will ever be out on that one.Wink
29-09-2011, 05:13 PM
(28-09-2011 05:38 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I'm Gawdzilla. Just your average 191.2 meter fire-breathing mutant lizard-thingy. I survived the Feral OT slaughter at RDF and now prowl the Internet without leave or hindrance.

I made a video about my own "coming out" as an atheist in the hopes some other people would find it a workable method for themselves.

Very moving, Gawdzilla. I can feel both your loss and your gratitude for the time you had together from the video. And good advice. When I married my wife 25 years ago she was a devout Catholic who knew she was marrying an atheist. Didn't bother her, didn't bother me. The Catholic Church even allowed us to get married in a Church in front of a Priest as long as I promised not to interefere with our children's religious upbringing. I promised not to, and I didn't.

And that's one hell of a nice beard you got there. Smile

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
29-09-2011, 05:23 PM
(29-09-2011 05:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-09-2011 05:38 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I'm Gawdzilla. Just your average 191.2 meter fire-breathing mutant lizard-thingy. I survived the Feral OT slaughter at RDF and now prowl the Internet without leave or hindrance.

Very moving, Gawdzilla. I can feel both your loss and your gratitude for the time you had together from the video. And good advice. When I married my wife 25 years ago she was a devout Catholic who knew she was marrying an atheist. Didn't bother her, didn't bother me. The Catholic Church even allowed us to get married in a Church in front of a Priest as long as I promised not to interefere with our children's religious upbringing. I promised not to, and I didn't.

And that's one hell of a nice beard you got there. Smile
Thanks. I've had several people contact me about the video, including one of my former bosses in the DoD.

As for the beard, I wear it to go with the gear I wear when telling campfire stories at the Endangered Wolf Center.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-09-2011, 08:08 PM
(29-09-2011 05:23 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  As for the beard, I wear it to go with the gear I wear when telling campfire stories at the Endangered Wolf Center.

You mean instead of issuing licenses to shoot them down from helicopters for our own seriously sick pleasure? That site should start some sort of marketing campaign. "Grow a beard, Save a wolf." And then you can use your beard for the initial baseline to beat. ... I mean, I'd play.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
01-10-2011, 01:37 PM

Wink RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi everyone!
I'm a sceptic dude from germany, but I also have the canadian citizenship, so I guess that makes me kinda a bit of both. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to all the newbies. That's all.Big Grin
01-10-2011, 05:20 PM

Hello, TA forum;

Just joined the forum. Living in Toronto [not] California.
Watching the global economy implode. And the thinking atheist documentary today. Also, a PBS documentary 'The Silence', about St. Michael's in Alaska.

Interested in post–theism, post–religion, reading lists somewhere in the range of graduate study. Not militant myself; nor, all that interested in debates. Moreso of what is possible after liberation. Subtleties of will, diversification of personhood, Analysis, and engaging the world and nature.

04-10-2011, 09:47 AM

Tongue RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I'm a 25 year old married woman who has always questioned. I grew up watching documentaries while my friends were still watching Barnie. We went to church every weekend until the time of services was changed to conflict with Star Trek: Deep Space 9.

I like to keep an open mind. I consider myself an athiest, because I don't believe that any "god" that would demand worship would be worthy of worship. I also believe, with a giggle, that it is more likely that if life here was externally influenced, it is more likely it was done by advanced aliens.

So, I try not to impose my beliefs on others, but if someone tries to push me, I laugh back. The only one who has to put up with my occasional needling is my husband, who doesn't believe any religion 'has it right', yet believes in creationism. I've gotten him to admit that evolution is possible, but it had to have been guided. *sigh* BTW, that is partial source of my 'advanced alien' statement above. =P
05-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Hi

27 year old girl from the Toronto Canada area. Finally came out of the atheist closet...
Hope to participate in some nteresting discussions with sane people Wink
Thread Closed