Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
05-10-2011, 12:14 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
i am a middle aged married woman living in a progressive northeastern u.s. city. we raised our children to be free thinkers. i am an atheist, but bigman(husband) is an agnostic. one child is an agnostic, the other is an atheist. i love indie & foreign films, reading, cooking, gardening, hiking, zumba, kickboxing, chocolate covered strawberries and wine. except for some cable shows(boardwalk empire, bill maher, dexter, breaking bad, bryant gumbels' real sports), tv is a waste of my time. i am intellectually and politically curious. my favorite magazines are mother jones, in these times, national geographic. i believe in taking care of my fellow planet dwellers.
i am very excited about the 'occupy' movement! it's everything i have been railing against for years.
http://inequality.org/t/societal-impacts/

Heart Be good for goodness sake!
Find all posts by this user
05-10-2011, 03:00 PM

Hi, I heard about The Thinking Atheist on the Ardent Atheist internet radio show. Glad to be here!
07-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Hi!
I'm a 53 year old guy who works from home as a computer support business.
I guess I've always been a non-believer. Never could wrap my head around all that crap even as a pre-teen. I joined the church(es) because "that's what you're supposed to do" even though I knew it was wrong. I haven't come out in my community because many business owners wear their christianity like a badge of honor and would not deal with an atheist business owner.
My wife is a token theist (goes to church on occasion), daughter goes every Sunday, and my son doesn't believe in any of that crap (Yay!).
I've been listening to TTA for some time as I referee soccer and usually have 30-45 minutes to myself in the car...
Thanks for being here.
08-10-2011, 01:58 AM
Hello, everyone.

I was raised catholic, but have been an atheist since age 21. I am now 28. I'm work, go to school, and raise my three beautiful kids. I love this life and cherish every moment. I have a lot to express that I don't get to express because I live in the southeastern united states. I am the only atheist I know.
08-10-2011, 03:13 PM
(07-10-2011 08:39 AM)TaoWizard Wrote:  I've been listening to TTA for some time as I referee soccer and usually have 30-45 minutes to myself in the car...

Wait ... you referee soccer from your car? I'm seeing something that starts out as a soccer match, quickly becomes rugby and then turns into full blown maul ball. I wanna see one of the matches you're reffing. Smile

(08-10-2011 01:58 AM)mysterious stranger Wrote:  I am the only atheist I know.

That's not surprising. There are many of us who don't feel any particular reason to wear it on our sleeves. Not out of fear of retribution so much as not wanting to muck with the natural development of the indigeneous population. It's better if they find their way here on their own. Wink

#sigh
09-10-2011, 07:35 AM

Good morning, everyone! I wanted to stop by and say HI and introduce myself.

My name is Lisa and I live in central Florida. I'm married, have 2 Belgian Malinois at home and love photography, Disney, reading and thinking.

I've been an atheist for quite a while now but have been shy about telling people, because most of my friends/coworkers are Christians and start with the "how can you not believe in god" stuff, then try to convert me. I'm never sure how to answer them, and hope that I can find some way from you all to say "I'm happy not believing" without starting a long discussion with them.

I can't wait to get started reading the forums. Thanks for having me! Tongue
09-10-2011, 10:02 AM

Greetings to all my fellow atheist. I am a 30 yr old African American atheist from Florida. I am definitely ardent about my atheism. I'm also an Anti-Theist and I believe that theism is the major glitch in the matrix that is well being.
10-10-2011, 02:58 PM

Heart RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello all,
I'm new here, but have been an atheist since my teen years, m[/font]uch older now. Rolleyes
Was raised a Catholic, but survived it unscathed.
Married to an atheist and we raised our sons in a non-theist home.
I have many interests: all most all the sciences, history, crafts of various kinds, reading, play in City of Heroes, Builder in Second Life, love a good debate.
Found my way here via YouTube-->FaceBook-->Website.
10-10-2011, 08:37 PM
(09-10-2011 10:02 AM)atheist_vision Wrote:  I believe that theism is the major glitch in the matrix that is well being.

Easy enough to throw by the wayside in order to promote well being.

#sigh
11-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Hello everyone,

I just found this forum. It looks like a great place. I look forward to many conversations and debates on here. Hope to talk to ya'll soon.
Thread Closed