RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Wow, Lots of new people all at once!

Welcome and enjoy your stay Smile

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
20-10-2011, 05:05 AM
Hi All, I'm Zane. 15 years old, living in Australia.

I was born in Canada to parents who identify as South African. It's pretty hectic.

I've been a longtime reader of the site, but have only recently felt the need to engage.

I hope to find a better thread to share my story of non-belief.

-- Aurum Aquila
20-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Deepthought was the first one to 69!!!

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
20-10-2011, 11:24 AM
(20-10-2011 12:37 AM)InNomineDeChristi Wrote:  Greetings!

I am a Christian Bible Scholar and Apologetic (Defender of the Faith).

Grace, mercy, and peace be yours in abundance to all of Gods elect in the world.

I would love to take an opportunity in the future to respond to some of the issues you have pointed out regarding the legitimacy of the Bible as Gods Word, however this is simply an introduction and when more time allows I will respond in the appropriate forum regarding the alleged contradictions along with some misconceptions concerning Gods judicial nature.

Again, this is my first post and just an introduction. I do not hold a seminary degree. I do not hold any allegience to any particular theologian and agree with doctrine that is only consistent with Gods Word.

As a Christian Bible Scholar, you might want to review your Latin grammar.

"Christi" is in the genitive case, so it means "of Christ" all by itself. Adding "de" is incorrect. Your handle should be InNomineChristi, i.e. In the Name of Christ.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 3 users Like cufflink's post
20-10-2011, 08:49 PM
I am a 31 year old Australian Atheist. I live about half an hour from a man called AJ Miller, he claims to be Jesus - he has many, many followers that are more than happy to keep him in a manner he is comfortable with!!!

Not believing in God makes me in the minority around here, regional Australia is a significant way behind our city cousins!

Flavoured condoms are not proof that a vagina has taste buds! Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Nye's post
21-10-2011, 03:29 PM
HI,
My name is Marc.
I'm 35, male, married with 2 daughters and a house full of pets.
I work as a life insurance underwriter.
As a hobby I write - kids books, fantasy, etc.
I have a B.A. in philosophy with a minor in religious sciences.

I used to be a hard-core Catholic apologist and when I was a teen I very seriously considered entering the priesthood. Thankfully, getting married saved me from that fate. I spent a long time exploring different faiths and ideas before finally coming to the conclusion that only atheism made sense. I've recently come out of the closet as an atheist and become active in discussions debunking religion and promoting secular humanism.

I started a blog: http://http://apostatexp.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Marc (Apostate XP)

Apostate Chi Ro (XP)
My blog: http://apostatexp.blogspot.com/
Adventures in Apostasy. A former devout Catholic and amateur apologist turned atheist shares his thoughts.

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Apostate-...6000007565
21-10-2011, 06:34 PM

(20-10-2011 11:24 AM)cufflink Wrote:  As a Christian Bible Scholar, you might want to review your Latin grammar.

"Christi" is in the genitive case, so it means "of Christ" all by itself. Adding "de" is incorrect. Your handle should be InNomineChristi, i.e. In the Name of Christ.

Thank you. I will try and make that correction. Latin isn't really a focus of study, but rather I experienced a more personal interest in the language, although admittedly a novice. Sometimes I will catch myself trying to write in Latin, I suppose more or less self practice of a side project of learning Latin. Latin just sounds so pleasant to the ears. Anyway, thank you for the informative response.
21-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Nye I watched a special on that guy, I think someone here brought him up... I worry for you. It may be time to move because the way that guy is going I'm pretty sure it's gonna start to smell soon.

I think I would literally go insane living near someone as openly crazy with so many lunatics following him. I have a hard enough time surrounded by your run of the mill Mennonites. Good luck to you.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
22-10-2011, 08:32 AM
(20-10-2011 12:37 AM)InNomineDeChristi Wrote:  Greetings!

I am a Christian Bible Scholar and Apologetic (Defender of the Faith).

Grace, mercy, and peace be yours in abundance to all of Gods elect in the world.

I would love to take an opportunity in the future to respond to some of the issues you have pointed out regarding the legitimacy of the Bible as Gods Word, however this is simply an introduction and when more time allows I will respond in the appropriate forum regarding the alleged contradictions along with some misconceptions concerning Gods judicial nature.

Again, this is my first post and just an introduction. I do not hold a seminary degree. I do not hold any allegience to any particular theologian and agree with doctrine that is only consistent with Gods Word.

So why does your god "elect" some and not others ? Are YOU granting it's "grace mercy and peace", and who gave you that power ? , (or are those just nice words that really have no specific meaning) ? Where did you go to school ? What do you think of the Jesus Seminar ? If, as you say, you ONLY hold "allegience" to/with doctrine that is "consistent" with your deity's "word", how do you go about deciding for yourself what that is ? Are you ever wrong about that, or are YOU always right ? If that process takes place in your brain cells, are you trying to tell us that your deity actaully changes the activity of the atoms that make up your brain cells ? There's a start. Cool

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-10-2011, 09:30 AM

Hi, The names James, 60 years old. I'm a registered nurse working for the Veterans Admin, emergency department. Have a BS in nursing and AA liberal arts. Was a weak theist as a kid. Between the bible and some good acid became an atheist in my early 20's. Consider myself a Pastafarin now. In fact I'm ordained in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Have a deep intrest in astromony and physics, although can't say that I understand all of it. Live in West Virginia so find myself surrounded by hard core theist. This only seems to make me more of an in your face atheist. Don't go out of my way to spread my nonbelief, but I am more than willing to confront those who insist on trying to push their beliefs on me or demand that any laws be bibical laws.
[+] 1 user Likes Jas666's post
Thread Closed