Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
31-10-2011, 03:54 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(30-10-2011 01:14 PM)Atheist#6667 Wrote:  Wow that is awesome. I haven't met anyone from India before. What kind of metal do you like? I like mostly Death Metal myself. Cannibal Corpse and such.

Mostly I'm into Death 'n Black Metal, Experimental (Ex: Meshuggah - Math Metal), Progressive stuff. Well, gone are those days where real talent used to be appreciated. These are the days of digitizing voices, generating what they call music using a bunch of software's and faking stuff. And the thing even more disgusting is most of the teens are into this shit. 'More talent less encouragement and less talent more popularity, encouragement'. We are a few among those bunch who are still supporting the scene.

Think rational. Be real.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes whizz's post
31-10-2011, 01:43 PM
(05-10-2011 01:44 AM)Mia Wrote:  Hi

27 year old girl from the Toronto Canada area. Finally came out of the atheist closet...
Hope to participate in some nteresting discussions with sane people ;)

----

I notice your crucial point about sanity. I have to admit, on a heuristic self-observation plane, that there really is a significant sanity, and intelligence, reward after exiting the delusions of theocracy.

I collected my box-tops and sent in for a real letter of excommunication. I really like it. Almost as good as a degree in debt-slaving corporate academic times, such as now.

Reflecting on bigPharma treating children with untested, all that stuff they do, reads like an order of legalized insanity induction, that itself at its limit holds out a dovetail institutional relation with theocratic sociality.

Wiley Publishing has a new research item edited by Jetten & Hornsey on group behaviour: "Rebels in Groups: Dissent, Deviance, Difference and Defiance". The promise being that alterity and difference are more subtly valuable and productive than the narcissistic perversities of conformity, normativity and dogma.

Lately, I have been listening to the experiences and advisements of 'entheogen girl' on <neurosoup> out of interest in organic or otherwise original alternatives to bigPharma. Over the years, she appears to of taken up a public presentation of her religion of rearing, and its [God], as an ontological turned tautological result of her various biochem trips. Hard not to be disappointed for all the progressive possibility of legalization. I sent a link to the International Humanist and Ethical Union.

Johns Hopkins has some new studies that are gathering media attention on psilocybin use as a means of improving overall life happiness, negotiating immanent death by disease, and more generally improving the integrity of complex life decisions. Even in the descriptions of these turns though, there is an alarming populist deference to [archetypes], [spirituality], and then [God]. Well regarded and accomplished professionals, scientists and academics all thumping in time to a notation that amounts to a confounding irrational Ptolemaic social code.

I guess, despite the loss of human capital, I look forward to the world, with the world, without having to bother in any serious, conscientious or intelligent way with vast populations of people who do not understand, explain or reason in the truth.

As for trippin' for recreation or resolve, I find the object of non-linear information a more succinct capture at the theoretical heart of the anthropology of narcotic and the polity of theocracy.

31-10-2011, 04:54 PM

Hello,

I'm just joining the forum today and trying to figure out how it works! I'm an atheist living in northern New Mexico, USA. I'm always up for good conversation, and maybe I can figure out this forum. Step one: Introduce yourself. Check!

Amanda
31-10-2011, 05:26 PM

Wink RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi... My name is Jurica, I'm 17, from Croatia...
I was born and am still living in a christian famili but religion and church havd never helped me do something good to myself or to the others... I am a Relativly new in atheism...

So hi to all the free minded good people Smile
[+] 1 user Likes JuricaMali's post
31-10-2011, 05:31 PM

Hi, I'm 17 and come from Croatia... A year ago I broke the chains of religion that were holding me down. I am a free thinker Smile
[+] 1 user Likes JuricaMali's post
01-11-2011, 09:29 AM

My name is Christa. I'm a Graphic Design Major at Missouri State University.

I was kind of a believer after my grandmother died when I was young and I thought that she was visiting me in my dreams to comfort me. I stopped believing after I started church. I became aware of the horrible things in the bible after the first time in Sunday School my freshman year of high school. The first story they hit me with was the story of Lot. Not a good way of getting new believers when you are telling a teen girl that females in the bible are not worth much. I attended a few more times but stopped after not being able to get into the mindset that you need to be religious.
[+] 1 user Likes EnmaAi's post
01-11-2011, 09:44 AM
I am a 46 y/old Czech married to an US citizen. Since I grew up in an atheist country for the most part, atheism seems the norm. Little did I know! Have few friends that are religious, but never came across anybody not believing in evolution to start with. Moving to the US was a big eye opening event for me. So I am happy to stumble across this forum!
[+] 1 user Likes kacenka's post
01-11-2011, 01:15 PM

Hi My name is Christa. I follow the podcasts but this is my first time on the forms
[+] 1 user Likes EnmaAi's post
01-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Wow, lots of new members! Welcome to all of you. Glad to have so many people finding us.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
01-11-2011, 05:07 PM
I am Nikola, 22 year old guy from Serbia.

I had luck, that my parent's never spoken about religion, but i was always a rebellious kid, so i always had to question something if i see that in theory is one thing, and in reality much different.

So i was for a long time let's say a christian, by default. But then i started to think, and question things. Then i was not a believer, but not atheist either. After some time i did become atheist, but was fine with people's believing in anything if they want. But then when i spoke out that i am atheist, and that i do not believe in God, well people were attacking me, you know, the christian's and their value's. Then as i live in shit hole, i turned to youtube, were i found George Carlin, which made me less tolerant to stupid shit people say.

So at that point, and to this day, i do have christian friend's, but i do not want to listen their bs. Serbia is very closed minded country, with a lot problem's and new kid's are even worse, they are all believer's but they do so much bad stuff.

So practically i'm known here as a philosopher. Big Grin At the moment i am reading the Richard Dawkin's book "The God dellusion" and i love it so far. Smile

If u have any question's, be free to ask. And i want to say thank's to guy who made this forum, and the briliant clip's on youtube, i am very impresed with what you do, and how you do it, keep it rollin. Smile

“Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion." - Steven Weinberg
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Nikola's post
Thread Closed