Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
06-11-2011, 09:28 PM

RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I am a 30 year old, married, father of one child. I have been married to my beautiful, smart, funny, amazing wife for over 11 years. I serve in the US Army, and have been doing so for the last 8 years. I am an open atheist, and have no problem letting others know it. There truly are atheists in foxholes. My wife and I, who is also an atheist, are raising our son without god and myths. I have never been happier since I finally rejected god. I struggled with it for years and had enough of all the lies.
[+] 2 users Like usarmy617's post
07-11-2011, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 03:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-11-2011 09:28 PM)usarmy617 Wrote:  I am a 30 year old, married, father of one child. I have been married to my beautiful, smart, funny, amazing wife for over 11 years. I serve in the US Army, and have been doing so for the last 8 years. I am an open atheist, and have no problem letting others know it.

Welcome! I too had no problem serving as an open atheist in the Armed Forces some 30 years ago. The Navy really couldn't have given less of a shit about my metaphysics. All they cared about was how well I did my job.

(06-11-2011 09:28 PM)usarmy617 Wrote:  There truly are atheists in foxholes.

Let's see, who would I rather have in my foxhole? Some pussy telling me that now is my last chance to accept the lord jesus christ as my personal savior so that we can go to heaven together in the next few minutes, or some badass bastard working his ass and brain off to get our sorry asses out of this predicament or else we're both gonna be goners forever. Don't feel like a tough call to me.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
08-11-2011, 04:18 PM
(06-11-2011 09:28 PM)usarmy617 Wrote:  I am a 30 year old, married, father of one child. I have been married to my beautiful, smart, funny, amazing wife for over 11 years. I serve in the US Army, and have been doing so for the last 8 years. I am an open atheist, and have no problem letting others know it. There truly are atheists in foxholes. My wife and I, who is also an atheist, are raising our son without god and myths. I have never been happier since I finally rejected god. I struggled with it for years and had enough of all the lies.

Welcome to the boards, glad to have ya!

When I told my father (a retired US Navy chief) that I was an atheist, he tried to tell me that there are no atheists in foxholes. At the time I knew it to not be true, but couldn't think of anyone I that I knew who fit the literal interpretation of that saying so I didn't argue. I'm glad to see first-hand proof that it is not true.
09-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm a 29 yo (30 tomorrow :/) Atheist. I am married to a Catholic woman and have a 13mo son with another baby on the way. We had a rough fight when I "came out (I always chuckle at this phrase in terms of being Atheist)" to her. Thankfully, my argument was profound enough for her to be accepting. She's more of a spiritual person rather than a strict Catholic thankfully.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all and having some great rational conversations. I'm not quite "out" to everyone yet, but I am to my family and that's good enough. I do bite my tongue around family friends though. A lot are strict religious people. I do this for the sake of not making my wife's life any harder than need be.

Sad that the religious world works this way, but it is what it is. I am however very opinionated on the Internet. I guess it's because of the tongue biting that I mentioned in my real-world life.
09-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Hello!

I'm a 22 yr old student of Pharmacy residing in the Netherlands.

I found this site through the "Top 10 Creationist Arguments" on youtube. It's been a lot of fun exploring is so far!
09-11-2011, 08:14 AM

I'm a 36-year-old husband and father who shrugged off childhood indoctrination a little over 10 years ago. My entire family is still religious and know that I'm now an out-and-proud atheist. I'm a U.S. Army veteran who rides motorcycles, skydives, and plays video games.

I write a blog called The Wayward Willis.
I make YouTube videos under the name jonwillis.

I've been a long-time fan of TTA.
09-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Hello!

I'm a 22 year old student of Pharmacy, residing in the Netherlands.

I found this site through the video "Top 10 Creationist Arguments" on youtube. So far it's been a lot of fun exploring it!
09-11-2011, 08:31 AM

Hi,

I'm Dave a 42 y.o. physicist living in Jerusalem, Israel. I've been an atheist ever since my Hebrew teacher couldn't answer to my satisfaction why if the world was created in 6 days but dinosaurs lived millions of years before man. I was 7 at the time. However I was not a militant atheist until I moved to Jerusalem. Go figure... Now everybody knows me as "That guy that doesn't believe in god"

Dave
09-11-2011, 10:33 AM
A thinking atheist from Mexico, were most people have strong Catholic beliefs.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2011, 01:47 PM

Hello all. 52 years old, married for 15 with a son and daughter. Work from home as an SEO consultant and have a screen printing business.

Raised first as a Presbyterian, then later when my parents had a political disagreement with that church, went and was confirmed into the Lutheran church. My doubts began when I started to realize that most Sunday sermons somehow always ended up asking us to give more money for this or that. I decided that I didn't need a church and could practice my faith if I just read the bible for myself and did so at the age of 19. When I finished, my first thought was that it was the greatest piece of fiction ever written. I hid my atheism for years, too afraid of the judgements others. Fortunelatey I have found that my advancing years gave me the wisdom and security to not hide who I am and to be open and frank with anyone who asks about my faith.

It is so good to see others who haven't waited as long as I did come out and openly be atheists. It gives me hope that one day humanity will free itself from the bindings of religion.
[+] 1 user Likes nedcomm's post
Thread Closed