Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
09-11-2011, 08:41 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(09-11-2011 08:11 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  I'm a 29 yo (30 tomorrow :/) Atheist.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And welcome to the other side.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
09-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Welcome to all new members! There are so many now. Such a fast growing community here. I don't even remember how many pages this thread was when I got here and I know it's long enough ago to not feel like goin through all the pages to find my hello.
75 pages is crazy. Not that long ago I made a 69 joke about deep thought posting first. Wow.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
10-11-2011, 11:49 AM
(09-11-2011 08:41 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(09-11-2011 08:11 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  I'm a 29 yo (30 tomorrow :/) Atheist.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And welcome to the other side.

Thank you kind sir!

Unrelated note: Durian makes me cringe haha
[+] 2 users Like NoahsFarce's post
10-11-2011, 01:27 PM
(10-11-2011 11:49 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Unrelated note: Durian makes me cringe haha

Yeah, it's the great polarizing fruit. You're either wild about it or you run screaming from the room when it's around. When I lived in Malaysia I got virtually addicted. I'd ride my bike 5 miles into town just to buy a couple and bring them back home.

Durians are available in some Asian markets here in the States, usually imported frozen from Thailand. Expensive, though. Sometimes when I'm feeling flush I'll pick one up. Haven't converted many of my friends, though. Smile

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
10-11-2011, 01:30 PM
(10-11-2011 01:27 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(10-11-2011 11:49 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Unrelated note: Durian makes me cringe haha

Yeah, it's the great polarizing fruit. You're either wild about it or you run screaming from the room when it's around. When I lived in Malaysia I got virtually addicted. I'd ride my bike 5 miles into town just to buy a couple and bring them back home.

Durians are available in some Asian markets here in the States, usually imported frozen from Thailand. Expensive, though. Sometimes when I'm feeling flush I'll pick one up. Haven't converted many of my friends, though. Smile

The smell alone will drive 90% of your friends away lol. It's even banned from public consumption in Thailand.

Vietnamese stores often have them. I live in MI. I do love the other fruit that looks like Durian.... JACKFRUIT... now that's a Godly fruit (see what I did there?)
10-11-2011, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2011 04:56 PM by cufflink.)
(10-11-2011 01:30 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  It's even banned from public consumption in Thailand.

I've encountered hotels in S.E. Asia that ban them too. You also can't bring them on public transportation in Singapore.

[Image: No-Durian-1.jpg]

[Image: Singapore_MRT_Fines.jpg]

Quote:JACKFRUIT... now that's a Godly fruit (see what I did there?)

I'm not really big on jackfruit. It's OK--I can take it or leave it. But godly? Guess I'm missing something there. Explain?

EDIT: Nevermind. Got it (I think). Durian is ungodly, jackfruit is godly. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
10-11-2011, 04:49 PM

Hi,

I'm just here to introduce myself.
I'm an American living in Denmark. My experience here has really changed my perspective in nearly every way. I never completely bought into religion but wasn't aware there was an "opt out clause" to the whole issue entirely. Now any remaining superstition I might have had has evaporated in this liberating environment where non belief is the norm and the religious are the odd minority.

I've experienced the secular society of Denmark with awe, something the Danes take for granted, yet they see our own media and simply can not comprehend how we got ourselves into this situation.

But that's a topic for another thread.
[+] 2 users Like Oke_Doke's post
10-11-2011, 07:15 PM

HELLO:

My name is Karina Moreno. I'm from Mexico City and a longtime fan of TTA videos. Im a woman, 35 years old, white. What else can I say? My friends always tell me that I am identical to actress Odette Yustman, do you know her?

Please excuse me if my english is not as good as I would like, but there is few atheist forums in spanish. Correction: there are lots, but the members are... I don't know... too mad to be atheists. I think that being an atheist is liberating, you know? Less fear, lees stupid laws ruling your life... so I don`t understand all that mad, angry atheist in those spanish forums.

So I came here in the search for interesting conversations and information about our very very interesting world. Even the religious mythologies are quite interesting. I'm a psychotherapist, so looking and working with how mythological believes influence people's behavior and world-views blows my mind.

So, I hope we can chat and have some fun. I really believe that's the real meaning of life: having fun. Never underestimate the importance of having fun.

Thanks a lot,
Karina.
[+] 2 users Like KarinaMoreno's post
10-11-2011, 07:40 PM
What's this fruity talk? Tongue

Greetings, n00bs!

Just remember, this is Atheism; thought is required at all times! Critical thought is preferred; if you don't do it, expect to be criticized. Wink

I run down this thread every once in a while, just to see what's what. Many seem to post less than ten times and disappear - there is no sin in this, my reluctance is in being a "prolific" member and seek not to associate with a "temporary" avatar. My sin, not yours.

Be well. Wink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2011, 08:53 PM

Hi I have been Christian for the better part of my life, but now I am an Atheist.

I find it hard not to push me opinion upon religious people.
[+] 1 user Likes jercovable's post
Thread Closed