Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
20-11-2011, 05:18 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(20-11-2011 04:09 PM)Ambrose Wrote:  Hello all, I'm Ambrose. I did a google search ("atheist forum") and there you were on page 2. Hi.

Ambrose as in one of the Four Doctors?
Welcome.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
21-11-2011, 06:08 AM
(20-11-2011 05:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-11-2011 04:09 PM)Ambrose Wrote:  Hello all, I'm Ambrose. I did a google search ("atheist forum") and there you were on page 2. Hi.

Ambrose as in one of the Four Doctors?
Welcome.

I have no medical training. But I could have a go though.

I have a website which I'd like to promote and I wondered how I should go about it. Could I put a link to it in a signature?
21-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Hey everybody, I'm Mehdy (thats a boy name xD), from Morocco (farthest north-west of Africa). I'm deist! and I'm really glad to be one of you !!
21-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Mehdy,

When you become a member of a forum, generally it's a good idea to read the rules. I am getting very tired of telling people this.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
21-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Shocked RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I all Jake here!

Well how to start... was looking for a place to chat with my fellow thinker... I don't really like to use the term Atheist because people are starting to see it as a religion, and if there's something I hate is to be described as a religion when in fact we're trying to sort out the doctrine of religions. Like many of you I used to be a theist... ask too many questions that too few people could answered, started researching on my own, from the very age of 15 years old I was already in the process of questioning everything about god and his/it accomplishment. I finished a degree in sociology, studied few years anthropology and theology just to finally starting to analyses some of the lies and none sense found in god's (sorry when you'll prove to exist I'll give you a capital letter Smile) best seller.

Using historical timestamps it became clearer and clearer that the Bible was another creation of a prehistoric Disney Land, Disney on Ice Age presents: the Bible a fantastic saga in the bronze age featuring Hippie Jesus, Prostitute Mary and many other Maries, Joseph the pimp who let his wife get pregnant by holy ghost (no capital for you too)... an epic story of a young schizophrenic dude, who hear voices and his convinces that he was conceived by a divine power... he goes on preaching, accomplish few pitiful magic tricks (I too can change water into wine... just add grapes Smile) and end up on a cross and the very symbol of millions of people who has not yet understand that there's no life after death... and if there is it's because death creates life... right? Your corpse nourish worms, worms gets strong and dig the earth, the earth breath and makes oxygen, oxygen helps grass to grow etc etc etc... it's a circle of life.

Well that it for my Intro I'm Jake, from Toronto, Canada and I know we are going to have great discussion together Hasta la proxima vez!

There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages.
[+] 3 users Like jakejakelamasabachtani's post
21-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Hi from a life time Non-Theist. Going to be nice to be surrounded by like thinking people.
[+] 2 users Like goldenuke's post
21-11-2011, 09:25 PM
(21-11-2011 06:08 AM)Ambrose Wrote:  Ambrose as in one of the Four Doctors?
Welcome.

I have no medical training. But I could have a go though.

I have a website which I'd like to promote and I wondered how I should go about it. Could I put a link to it in a signature?
[/quote]

St. Ambrose was an early apologist for the Church against heretics. They gave him a fancy title of "Doctor", but that was just a way of honoring him as a theologian.

You can add links by using the icon at the top of the text window when you're typing. It's the one that looks like a globe with a chain under it. Enjoy!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Hi
I'm Wikiwalker, sometimes known as Wiki. I am an art student at a community college working hard so I can transfer to a big art school, hopefully, with a good sized scholarship. I became an atheist about two years ago without really noticing.

I found these forums (fora?) through Seth's podcast "Grief Without God" which I discovered after a dear nonhuman friend of mine died in a horrible way and I found I could no longer cope with grief the way I had when I was a Christian.

Anyway, that podcast brought me out of a really destructive episode of my life, but it also made me become a more open atheist and I sort of accidentally came out to my parents. Now I have pretty much no emotional support from them and I feel like I'm going crazy (I still live with them, because I can't afford to move out). No one I know is an atheist, and after the way my parents reacted I'm a little bit afraid to tell anyone else.

That was long.Confused

Anyways, Hi!Blush
[+] 2 users Like Wikiwalker's post
22-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Hi there,

My name is Rui Araujo, I'm from East Timor a small country in South East Asia, predominantly catholic (98% of the population). I was raised catholic,(17 years) but started to have some questions about the faith since last year. Pretty much an atheist now. lol.

Cheers,
23-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Normal guy from the South here.

I'm a converted agnostic to Christian. Don't see much of my kind.
Thread Closed