Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
23-11-2011, 04:11 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome aboard everybody! It's a pretty full house these days but we'll make room.
It's always good to have a Christian around though there aren't many here and I think we actually lost our last one about four days ago... But hey that just means more room for you!
Just promise me one thing, no preaching! Most o us here are pretty sick of being preached to. But we all like a nice civil discussion based on anything really so hopefully we'll have some of those.
One thing ive noticed though is when Christians come here they never seem to delve into any thread topics unrelated to Christianity. And rarely do they venture to see things from an outside perspective (which might be a prerequisite for being a lifer I guess) but we never really get to know you guys before you get sick of us and leave.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
23-11-2011, 04:57 PM
(23-11-2011 02:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Normal guy from the South here.

I'm a converted agnostic to Christian. Don't see much of my kind.

Awwww shiit man. They just let anybody in here.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
23-11-2011, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2011 05:01 PM by kingschosen.)
(23-11-2011 04:11 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Welcome aboard everybody! It's a pretty full house these days but we'll make room.
It's always good to have a Christian around though there aren't many here and I think we actually lost our last one about four days ago... But hey that just means more room for you!
Just promise me one thing, no preaching! Most o us here are pretty sick of being preached to. But we all like a nice civil discussion based on anything really so hopefully we'll have some of those.
One thing ive noticed though is when Christians come here they never seem to delve into any thread topics unrelated to Christianity. And rarely do they venture to see things from an outside perspective (which might be a prerequisite for being a lifer I guess) but we never really get to know you guys before you get sick of us and leave.

Well thank you.

Don't worry; I'm not the preachy type. I usually take part in most discussions that interest me. Also, my "home base" is very atheist heavy (LUE from GameFAQs), and I get along there just fine.

I'm pretty tolerable and level headed, and I have different views than most militant Christians. I believe this is the empathy that was created in me from being a converted agnostic. So, yeah, hopefully I don't get scared off.
(23-11-2011 04:57 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

Awwww shiit man. They just let anybody in here.

Screw you dude. Besides, now you're stuck at work and I get to go home.
23-11-2011, 05:02 PM
(23-11-2011 04:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Screw you dude. Besides, now you're stuck at work and I get to go home.

I fuckin hate you.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
23-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Hey everyone! I've always been skeptical of God and have finally affirmed my stance as an atheist. Unfortunetely, I live in the bible belt and am berated by christians all the time Angry.
24-11-2011, 10:03 AM

That would be interesting to know what made you convert.. because often Agnostic will go Atheist, not the other way around. Please do elaborate.

There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages.
[+] 2 users Like jakejakelamasabachtani's post
24-11-2011, 04:05 PM
(24-11-2011 10:03 AM)jakejakelamasabachtani Wrote:  

That would be interesting to know what made you convert.. because often Agnostic will go Atheist, not the other way around. Please do elaborate.

Dude, your moniker had me shttin' myself. My name's Robert so I'm going with "Bob, Bob, lama sabachthani?" Glad to meet you Jake. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-11-2011, 09:11 PM
(24-11-2011 10:03 AM)jakejakelamasabachtani Wrote:  

Don't know how to explain it. Was driving in my car one day after work, and my whole thought process and belief system suddenly changed. I was an active warrior against Christians; however, without warning, God decided to change me because He had a different plan for me. I quite literally had an instant change that completely altered my life, and I can't explain it.
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-11-2011, 09:30 PM
(24-11-2011 09:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I quite literally had an instant change that completely altered my life, and I can't explain it.

And your experience is just that, your experience since none of us were with you. But why do you think it was, that when you reached the point where you couldn't explain this amazing phenomenon, that that meant the Christan God was behind your altered state? Why not Buddha? Why not the gristle from your brisket sandwich that didn't digest quite properly? Why not a powerful placebo caused by the power of suggestion? This is not mean as an obnoxious question. I'm curious how you knew the experience came from the God of the Old and New Testament?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-11-2011, 10:07 PM
(24-11-2011 09:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-11-2011 09:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I quite literally had an instant change that completely altered my life, and I can't explain it.

And your experience is just that, your experience since none of us were with you. But why do you think it was, that when you reached the point where you couldn't explain this amazing phenomenon, that that meant the Christan God was behind your altered state? Why not Buddha? Why not the gristle from your brisket sandwich that didn't digest quite properly? Why not a powerful placebo caused by the power of suggestion? This is not mean as an obnoxious question. I'm curious how you knew the experience came from the God of the Old and New Testament?

Oh, it's cool. That's quite a legitimate question, and it's been asked before. When this happened, I had no idea who this God was. I asked for an answer because I wanted to know truth. I've studied many different religions, and I've read the holy books; so I was confused as to what He wanted me to know as truth. And, just as radical as my acceptance of a God was, so was my sudden acceptance of the Christian God as my truth. Again, can't explain it.

I also understand that this is all anecdotal, and it pretty much taken with a grain of salt, but that's my story.
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
Thread Closed