Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
24-11-2011, 11:38 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(24-11-2011 10:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Oh, it's cool. That's quite a legitimate question, and it's been asked before. When this happened, I had no idea who this God was. I asked for an answer because I wanted to know truth. I've studied many different religions, and I've read the holy books; so I was confused as to what He wanted me to know as truth. And, just as radical as my acceptance of a God was, so was my sudden acceptance of the Christian God as my truth. Again, can't explain it.

I also understand that this is all anecdotal, and it pretty much taken with a grain of salt, but that's my story.

I actually know exactly how it feels to know that He's real and have a certainty without being able to put it into words. The mysterious grace of God is ineffable.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
25-11-2011, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2011 06:30 AM by houseofcantor.)
(24-11-2011 09:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-11-2011 09:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I quite literally had an instant change that completely altered my life, and I can't explain it.

And your experience is just that, your experience since none of us were with you. But why do you think it was, that when you reached the point where you couldn't explain this amazing phenomenon, that that meant the Christan God was behind your altered state? Why not Buddha? Why not the gristle from your brisket sandwich that didn't digest quite properly? Why not a powerful placebo caused by the power of suggestion? This is not mean as an obnoxious question. I'm curious how you knew the experience came from the God of the Old and New Testament?

Ezekiel. You didn't ask me, but I answered anyway. Wink
(23-11-2011 02:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Normal guy from the South here.

I'm a converted agnostic to Christian. Don't see much of my kind.

Awwww shiit man. They just let anybody in here.

[/quote]

Screw you dude. Besides, now you're stuck at work and I get to go home.
[/quote]

(tell you a secret. shh! don't tell nobody. don't take shit personal. a n00b christian is a personification of an ideal that would burn us at the stake. those whose posts demonstrate critical thinking become human, those whose posts do not usually have an agenda)

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
28-11-2011, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2011 09:00 AM by kingschosen.)
(25-11-2011 06:19 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-11-2011 09:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I quite literally had an instant change that completely altered my life, and I can't explain it.

And your experience is just that, your experience since none of us were with you. But why do you think it was, that when you reached the point where you couldn't explain this amazing phenomenon, that that meant the Christan God was behind your altered state? Why not Buddha? Why not the gristle from your brisket sandwich that didn't digest quite properly? Why not a powerful placebo caused by the power of suggestion? This is not mean as an obnoxious question. I'm curious how you knew the experience came from the God of the Old and New Testament?

[/quote]

(tell you a secret. shh! don't tell nobody. don't take shit personal. a n00b christian is a personification of an ideal that would burn us at the stake. those whose posts demonstrate critical thinking become human, those whose posts do not usually have an agenda)
[/quote]

Tell you a secret. Shh! Don't tell nobody.

Your deductive reasoning needs work. Smile
28-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Hi everyone.
(second time try to post this message)
I'm a 23 years old student from Czech Republic. I know this is gonna be long, but I love to write and for the sake of people, I try to write interesting stuff.

Am I atheist or agnostic?
Most of the time, I just drive people crazy. I'm a complicated personality and find most of pigeonholes way too small.
When it comes to Christians, I am a rational skeptical thinker. I question and doubt and mention uncomfortable Biblical situations. And I love the debate.

The reality is a bit more complicated. You'll see, I rely heavily on experience and personal observations. When I make a personal observation (if possible with someone to compare the results), I make sure they last a long time, that they are repeated, detailed, absolutely clear and best of all, unexpected, so that no wishhful thinking will get in my way. I make sure I'm sober, awake and use no mind-altering substances. I had also read up a lot on logical fallacies, delusions, illusions, hallucinations, self-deceptions and so on.

Despite of all these precautions, I'm one of the craziest guys you've ever seen. I might have a gift of seeing beyond the cover of things, of perceiving more than meets the eye, the rarely seen spiritual reality, of which all of you non-theists are sure that it does not exist. Well, be my guests, doubt is a sign of intellect. I love the debate and I've always defended my worldview with honor. And ocassionally with science. It might actually give you more fun than the usual routine of Chrischun-bashing Wink

The reason why I'm here is because I suffer with intellectual deprivation. I live in such a region that all intellectuals run away from, to big cities with a university. I'm probably the last one left here and plan to move away next year as well. I look forward to meeting anyone, who's willing to think. Spiritual people are OK, but they don't debate, they're feelers, as Seth would say. So I actually like atheists a lot. Atheists are wonderful people. They have the best podcasts ever. You probably won't believe me, but I miss the debate even with Christians. In my country, religion is a private thing and I rarely get a clear shot at it. People worship beer and hockey clubs instead and they've got no turn the other cheek rule.

So how did I get here? Besides endless debating and learning, I listen to podcasts and I absolutely love these atheistic animated videos on Youtube. Damn, that's some hilarious stuff. You know, NonStampCollector, DM2525 and of course TTA. I regret so much that local Christians don't understand english, among many other things. So, every once in a while, I hear Seth on TTS have a remark about various woo topics, how he loves scary stories, or how he does not understand what the spiritual is about, or how the supernatural claimants get angry or shrink away when questioned. He sounds like a great guy, very friendly and fun to hang out with. He makes me want to travel around the USA, to meet more people like him. I wouldn't be afraid to explain him something from the woo world or share a couple of scary stories.
28-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Here??? I'm trying!!
My name's Aly.
I wouldn't say I'm ATHIEST, but I'm really having trouble accepting Christianity (and don't think other major religions fare much better).
Let's see what I learn!
[+] 2 users Like Fumy's post
29-11-2011, 03:23 PM
(28-11-2011 08:55 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Quote:(tell you a secret. shh! don't tell nobody. don't take shit personal. a n00b christian is a personification of an ideal that would burn us at the stake. those whose posts demonstrate critical thinking become human, those whose posts do not usually have an agenda)
Quote:Tell you a secret. Shh! Don't tell nobody.

Still faking sick I see. I tell ya.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
29-11-2011, 04:57 PM
(29-11-2011 03:23 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(28-11-2011 08:55 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Quote:(tell you a secret. shh! don't tell nobody. don't take shit personal. a n00b christian is a personification of an ideal that would burn us at the stake. those whose posts demonstrate critical thinking become human, those whose posts do not usually have an agenda)
Quote:Tell you a secret. Shh! Don't tell nobody.

Still faking sick I see. I tell ya.

I'll bring you a collection of what's come out of my nose at work tomorrow.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
29-11-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote: When this happened, I had no idea who this God was. I asked for an answer because I wanted to know truth. I've studied many different religions, and I've read the holy books; so I was confused as to what He wanted me to know as truth. And, just as radical as my acceptance of a God was, so was my sudden acceptance of the Christian God as my truth. Again, can't explain it.

I also understand that this is all anecdotal, and it pretty much taken with a grain of salt, but that's my story.

I love to hear about rationalists who suddenly and permanently decide that evidence is no longer important and that 'god has a plan for them'...

who is that guy who told the same damn story about himself? oh yeah.... that was kirk cameron. ardent atheist who one day was struck by the light of god (the light must have knocked the sense out of him) and became a christian.

not only that... but it was **MAGICAL***

...so of course normal standards of evidence don't apply! hahahaha!

dude i think you are full of shit. i think you are smart enough to realize that your world veiw gets violently ass-fucked by reality everytime they meet, so the best thing to do is put your evidence in the realm of magical faith fairies... of course you cant explain magical faith fairies, silly. because they are magic!

why do you really believe?
29-11-2011, 05:40 PM
(29-11-2011 05:36 PM)paulesungnomo Wrote:  
Quote: When this happened, I had no idea who this God was. I asked for an answer because I wanted to know truth. I've studied many different religions, and I've read the holy books; so I was confused as to what He wanted me to know as truth. And, just as radical as my acceptance of a God was, so was my sudden acceptance of the Christian God as my truth. Again, can't explain it.

I love to hear about rationalists who suddenly and permanently decide that evidence is no longer important and that 'god has a plan for them'...

who is that guy who told the same damn story about himself? oh yeah.... that was kirk cameron. ardent atheist who one day was struck by the light of god (the light must have knocked the sense out of him) and became a christian.

not only that... but it was **MAGICAL***

...so of course normal standards of evidence don't apply! hahahaha!

dude i think you are full of shit. i think you are smart enough to realize that your world veiw gets violently ass-fucked by reality everytime they meet, so the best thing to do is put your evidence in the realm of magical faith fairies... of course you cant explain magical faith fairies, silly. because they are magic!

why do you really believe?

k

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
29-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Hello people,

My name's Jordan, and I'm a 17 year old art student. My hobbies are drawing, gaming, and banging my head against the wall after watching creationist videos. I hope we get along.
Thread Closed