Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
29-11-2011, 08:22 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome, please feel free to use the last tiny chunk of wall that has yet to be indented by forum foreheads.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2011, 08:42 PM
(29-11-2011 06:34 PM)JingleBerry Wrote:  Hello people,

My name's Jordan, and I'm a 17 year old art student. My hobbies are drawing, gaming, and banging my head against the wall after watching creationist videos. I hope we get along.

Zat,

Two posts up, you should see this same post highlighted in pink (because our new friend Jordan double posted his intro before reading the rules). Use it as a test....follow the instructions I sent to approve the post. Then go ahead and delete it. Let me know if it worked for ya.

Jordan,
Ya got lucky, since we're using your faux pas as a learning tool. Wink Now you won't have to face the wrath of Stark! Muwahahahahaha!

Welcome to the forum.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
30-11-2011, 01:24 AM
(29-11-2011 08:42 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(29-11-2011 06:34 PM)JingleBerry Wrote:  Hello people,

My name's Jordan, and I'm a 17 year old art student. My hobbies are drawing, gaming, and banging my head against the wall after watching creationist videos. I hope we get along.

Zat,

Two posts up, you should see this same post highlighted in pink (because our new friend Jordan double posted his intro before reading the rules). Use it as a test....follow the instructions I sent to approve the post. Then go ahead and delete it. Let me know if it worked for ya.

Jordan,
Ya got lucky, since we're using your faux pas as a learning tool. Wink Now you won't have to face the wrath of Stark! Muwahahahahaha!

Welcome to the forum.

Glad to help...I guess..? Big Grin
30-11-2011, 10:18 AM
(24-11-2011 04:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-11-2011 10:03 AM)jakejakelamasabachtani Wrote:  
(23-11-2011 02:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Normal guy from the South here.

I'm a converted agnostic to Christian. Don't see much of my kind.

That would be interesting to know what made you convert.. because often Agnostic will go Atheist, not the other way around. Please do elaborate.

Dude, your moniker had me shttin' myself. My name's Robert so I'm going with "Bob, Bob, lama sabachthani?" Glad to meet you Jake. Big Grin

Yeah I was freed from the same Asylum Jesus went to LOL.

There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages.
30-11-2011, 10:25 AM

(29-11-2011 08:42 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Zat,

Done!
30-11-2011, 10:56 AM

calmyourtitsbro, here from Alabama.

So here I sit.
In the body of a teenager, dying to get out.
Wanting to grow up & prove myself to the world.
Poetic.
Seeing the world, throught the eyes of a Shakespearian God.
Hidden beneath the insecurities of my heart.
How art thou?
When someone asks me that, my thoughts all race to the surface of my mind, forcing tears upon my eyes.
I acquire a difficult life, that has broken my heart.
But, the love from others helps mend the pieces together.
[+] 3 users Like calmyourtitsbro's post
30-11-2011, 11:34 AM
(24-11-2011 09:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-11-2011 10:03 AM)jakejakelamasabachtani Wrote:  
(23-11-2011 02:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Normal guy from the South here.

I'm a converted agnostic to Christian. Don't see much of my kind.

That would be interesting to know what made you convert.. because often Agnostic will go Atheist, not the other way around. Please do elaborate.

Don't know how to explain it. Was driving in my car one day after work, and my whole thought process and belief system suddenly changed. I was an active warrior against Christians; however, without warning, God decided to change me because He had a different plan for me. I quite literally had an instant change that completely altered my life, and I can't explain it.

Well let's see... the brain does play special tricks when a trauma happens, it's a defensive mechanism that have been observed by neurologist for years. If I were to tell you my whole life story, one would ask why am I not a believer. To resume this quickly my mom died when I was 3 years old, leaving me and my little 1 year old sister... I am from one of those countries where orphans children belong to the state and are often hired by drug dealers, the army to become infant-soldier or just dies from malnutrition. I was lucky enough to be adopted at 4, and my sister was adopted with me. Even though my dad was only looking into adopting 1 child, he decided that if there was place for one, there was also place for two.

Now a Christian would come to me saying that god had a plan for me. Well perhaps I would have believed it when I was younger but not anymore. 2 years after my arrival my parent divorced, I was raised in a very small village, people of my skin colour and race could be counted on one hand, therefore I was in a very imbecilic community who had no idea of the external world. For them the norm was to be caucassian and roman catholic. Got baptized at 7 years old in front of my whole school (2000 students). And through the year it was hell living there.

So was that god's plan to make me suffer some more by having me go from one side to another, end up 6 years in foster family, 2 years in the army etc etc. I could blame God and find reconfort in the bible and waiting like million of people do around the planet and wait the sign that will never come. Instead of blaming god and blaming everyone around I decided to use the strengh I have gain from this hard life and apply it to my will to stay alive... this was not a decision from GOD it was my decision... GOD did not send me to the army, my dad did, got did not write my essay in Sociology, I did.

Whatever happens in your life, may be chance, perhaps something else and the reason why you can't explain it is because it is beyound you... but there's so many things that are beyound you right now... and if you were a person of logic and suddenly turn to the magic, this means that you never really did have faith in your own beliefs or logic, therefore you never was totally Agnostic, you were a believer waiting for a sign. And really... this god Dodgy, that god of Yeshua Sad, Moises, Israel... is that to this God you turned yourself too? I raise my eyebrows. But it is your choice. But remember Joan Of Arc, she too was convince that God spoke to her, but in state of delirium tremens and high fever I can guarantee you that anyone will hear voices.

Get back your reason dude... you can believe in a higher power, but a murderer deity like Yaweh I can't believe you turn to that. No offense Wink

There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages.
[+] 1 user Likes jakejakelamasabachtani's post
30-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Brian here, on the north shore of lake Ontario in big beautiful Canada. Just thought I'd say hello to everyone and how happy I am that there are places like this express our selves.
[+] 1 user Likes bgcal62's post
30-11-2011, 06:19 PM
(30-11-2011 10:56 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  calmyourtitsbro, here from Alabama.

So here I sit.
In the body of a teenager, dying to get out.
Wanting to grow up & prove myself to the world.
Poetic.
Seeing the world, throught the eyes of a Shakespearian God.
Hidden beneath the insecurities of my heart.
How art thou?
When someone asks me that, my thoughts all race to the surface of my mind, forcing tears upon my eyes.
I acquire a difficult life, that has broken my heart.
But, the love from others helps mend the pieces together.

Copied to the Poet's Corner.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Hello! I'm Neko. Tongue

I like photography, film, neuroscience, and about anything art related! Ive been able to play the guitar since I was about 8, however, I barely play anymore and I mostly only know Christian songs. XD Umm.... I was majoring in a degree in Film and then Photography, but now I am planning on going into Psychology. I help moderate and do graphics for a forum on a different site, which is always interesting (not sure if I can list it so I won't worry about it.) For anyone interesting in MBTI, I am an ISFP, and I think my Enneagram is 4w5 9w1 6w5. I thoroughly enjoy people being confused about my gender online, because I find it funny and entertaining. Oh, and I like cats...

[Image: GummiSpider.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Neko's post
Thread Closed