Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
05-12-2011, 09:40 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(04-12-2011 03:31 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Hello all,

I am an open atheist from Louisiana. I have been listening to Seth for a couple weeks now and read some of the posts.

I decided to post today and maybe participate more in the threads. Look forward to more interesting posts!

Thanks Smile

Baton Rouge here.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2011, 01:58 PM

Fair dawn to thee. I want to be the person, that can look at someone & say:
"Yes, I'm making a difference in the world. One poem at a time."
Inspiring those people who have given up, not wanting to be a part of Earth.
This crude, discombobulated world that we were put on to change.
So that every wonderful soul here is aware, I believe in a god, but not Jesus Christ. I'm guessing that would make me agnostic? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
I was wondering if anyone could help me make a few "friends" -I guess just people that could help me around the site. If that isn't too much to ask. :|
[+] 2 users Like insidemyownmind's post
05-12-2011, 02:28 PM
(05-12-2011 01:58 PM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  Fair dawn to thee. I want to be the person, that can look at someone & say:
So that every wonderful soul here is aware, I believe in a god, but not Jesus Christ. I'm guessing that would make me agnostic? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
I was wondering if anyone could help me make a few "friends" -I guess just people that could help me around the site. If that isn't too much to ask. :|

There are 2 types of theists and 2 types of atheist.

Gnostic Theist - most theists fall into this category. Like 90% of them. This means that they believe in god and know for a fact that god exists.

Agnostic Theist - Believes in god but admits that lack of evidence could lead to god not existing.

Gnostic Atheist - Doesn't beleive in god and claims to know for a fact that there is no god

Agnostic Atheist - most atheists fall into this category. Doesn't believe in a god becasue there is no evidence to suggest that god exists but also admits the possiblity that a creator does exists.

You are more of a deist. You believe in a higher power but do not subscribe to the gods of religion.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
05-12-2011, 02:29 PM

(05-12-2011 02:28 PM)germanyt Wrote:  There are 2 types of theists and 2 types of atheist.

Gnostic Theist - most theists fall into this category. Like 90% of them. This means that they believe in god and know for a fact that god exists.

Agnostic Theist - Believes in god but admits that lack of evidence could lead to god not existing.

Gnostic Atheist - Doesn't beleive in god and claims to know for a fact that there is no god

Agnostic Atheist - most atheists fall into this category. Doesn't believe in a god becasue there is no evidence to suggest that god exists but also admits that the possiblity of a creator exists.

You are more of a deist. You believe in a higher power but do not subscribe to the gods of religion.

Thank you for those amazing words of knowledge, germanyt.
05-12-2011, 02:49 PM
(05-12-2011 01:58 PM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  Fair dawn to thee. I want to be the person, that can look at someone & say:

Hmmmm, perhaps a generally accepted definition of terms is in order? Now keep in mind that some don't quite agree with these definitions as being solid, but generally speaking, most would agree these are accurate:

Atheist refers to belief, while agnostic refers to knowledge. So:
-agnostic atheist - "I don't know if a god exists, but I don't believe one does."
-gnostic atheist - "I don't believe in a a god, and I know one does not exist."
-gnostic theist - "I believe in a god, and I know it exists"
-agnostic theist - "I don't know if a god exists, but I believe one does."

Most atheists you'll find are actually agnostic atheists. They don't claim to know if god exists, but they don't believe one does based on lack of convincing evidence.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
05-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Too slow. LOL

So many cats, so few good recipes.
05-12-2011, 02:57 PM
(05-12-2011 09:40 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 03:31 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Hello all,

I am an open atheist from Louisiana. I have been listening to Seth for a couple weeks now and read some of the posts.

I decided to post today and maybe participate more in the threads. Look forward to more interesting posts!

Thanks Smile

Baton Rouge here.

Small world ^^ I live in Vidalia. Across from Natchez, Ms

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2011, 02:58 PM
(05-12-2011 02:50 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Too slow. LOL

Ha.

Great minds.

-Mark Twain
06-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Wink Hi all!
Hello everyone!

Well what can I say... hmmm Confused .. Male from California, 19 years old, and a college student. I love the videos on YouTube and hopefully they will convert many "believers" and knock some sense into them lol.

I'm actually an agnostic-atheist = meaning that I will not believe in "God" until satisfactory explanations/reasons and all the good stuff are shown before me (which I doubt will EVER happen.)

Glad to see many people with common sense (which is not so common or otherwise the rest of the world would be atheist as well! lol) all in one thread and glad to be part of this great community!

-MRPJs
06-12-2011, 02:30 AM
RE: Hi all!
(06-12-2011 01:22 AM)MrPajamas92 Wrote:  Hello everyone!

Well what can I say... hmmm Confused .. Male from California, 19 years old, and a college student. I love the videos on YouTube and hopefully they will convert many "believers" and knock some sense into them lol.

I'm actually an agnostic-atheist = meaning that I will not believe in "God" until satisfactory explanations/reasons and all the good stuff are shown before me (which I doubt will EVER happen.)

Glad to see many people with common sense (which is not so common or otherwise the rest of the world would be atheist as well! lol) all in one thread and glad to be part of this great community!

-MRPJs

Welcome to the wild and wacky world of TTA.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Thread Closed