Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
27-12-2011, 07:47 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello

33 year old Athiest from Sweden.
Since we dont have much religion here, i mostly come in contact with it on the internet.....and there is alot of it!
So i found this forum, will be nice to have a safeplace from to much "non-thinking" : )
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like ErikSweden's post
27-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Hey Erik welcome to the forum. The baby's in the oven, beers are in the fridge Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
27-12-2011, 10:40 AM
I just joined the forum today. I am from the eastern USA, near Washington,DC. I am older than most of you (57). I had a religious experience that lasted a few years and led me to the extremes of religion. I kinda wanted to start my own Christian religion! I never spoke in tongues or understood what they were trying to accomplish with that. A friend who was a devoted Christian told me how he would fall to the floor when the preacher laid hands on him, just to make the preacher look good.

My ministry would have been called "Christs Government Ministries", based on Isaiah 9:6,7. This verse is a so called prophecy of the government under Christ. I believed then that only Christian government could solve every problem in the world, I was a true believer! This way of life led me to extreme emotions, highs and lows.Sometimes I would be very depressed,the next day I might be dancing to Christian contemporary music. It was like a bipolar way of life which atheism has now cured Big Grin

Something, Or Someone Is Really Out There!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Infidel's post
27-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Hey everyone I have missed joining and welcome.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
27-12-2011, 10:44 AM
As Scott said, welcome.

Just don't eat my stuff.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
27-12-2011, 10:50 AM
(27-12-2011 10:40 AM)Infidel Wrote:  I just joined the forum today. I am from the eastern USA, near Washington,DC. I am older than most of you (57). I had a religious experience that lasted a few years and led me to the extremes of religion. I kinda wanted to start my own Christian religion! I never spoke in tongues or understood what they were trying to accomplish with that. A friend who was a devoted Christian told me how he would fall to the floor when the preacher laid hands on him, just to make the preacher look good.

My ministry would have been called "Christs Government Ministries", based on Isaiah 9:6,7. This verse is a so called prophecy of the government under Christ. I believed then that only Christian government could solve every problem in the world, I was a true believer! This way of life led me to extreme emotions, highs and lows.Sometimes I would be very depressed,the next day I might be dancing to Christian contemporary music. It was like a bipolar way of life which atheism has now cured Big Grin

Welcome to you, fellow old fart.Big Grin
Religious governments never go well. When the Christians had secular power in Europe, there was the Inquisition, there was torture and execution for the thought crime of not believing. No, I really don't think a Christian government would solve all our problems.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
27-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Ah, welkom Infidel.
I'm not far away from you, I'm 46.
Born atheïst and never changed. Smile

Note: To send this message, no trees cut down,
although there are many electrons severely hindered.
All the bits are reused.

Future World

73 Jim .--. . .---- .-. . .- PE1REA
Email, put amsat dot org behind the call
27-12-2011, 11:03 AM
(27-12-2011 10:44 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  As Scott said, welcome.

Just don't eat my stuff.

Don't worry, KC, we're saving a baby for you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-12-2011, 12:27 AM
(27-12-2011 10:40 AM)Infidel Wrote:  I am from the eastern USA, near Washington,DC. I am older than most of you (57).

Howdy neighbor. I'm in College Park, MD. And I'm 49 yo so 57 don't seem that old to me. Wink

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
28-12-2011, 01:08 AM
(27-12-2011 10:40 AM)Infidel Wrote:  I had a religious experience that lasted a few years and led me to the extremes of religion. I kinda wanted to start my own Christian religion! I believed then that only Christian government could solve every problem in the world, I was a true believer!

I am consistently amazed by this kind of thing, there's a couple of other guys here with stories like yours. You turned your life completely around. Credit to you for being able to do that Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
Thread Closed