Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
30-12-2011, 11:15 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(30-12-2011 10:15 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(30-12-2011 09:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hope you can all stay for supper. The baby's in the oven. Tongue

Wtf... i'm tired of this baby diet .. why can't we have puppies? or kittens? .. I know, I know they dont' have as much meat on the bones... but still.... can we mix up the diet here!

Complain, complain, complain. That's all I get from you people. I slave in the kitchen all day, cooking up a new baby, and this is what I get. Puppies and kittens have nowhere near the vitamins that babies have. And besides, you need your minimum RDA of infant protein. But alright, I'll go back to Ralph's or Von's, and see what they have in the Fresh Pet department. Angry

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Hi. My Name's Tom, I'm a pisces, I like long walks on the beach...

sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm 36, and been an atheist since I was young, really. I was raised catholic, went to a catholic school, which pretty much is the reason I'm an atheist actually.

It boils down to the fact I had (and still have) a fascination with mythologies. Started with the Greeks. Learned all about them when I was young, and then found out the Romans had the same mythos, just different names. They stole their beliefs from the Greeks! Went on to Norse, Egyptian and others. I found many similar stories to christianity in their mythos, and was told catholicism was correct.
How can theirs be mythologies, and ours the truth, when everyone back then wasn't destroyed for being heretics. After that I pretty much started on the path to truth, reason and logic. Couple that with a strong penchant for science and math, and well, heck, there you have it.

Not sure how anyone got out of my school still believing actually, since they did teach evolution, natural selection, dinosaurs, the big bang, etc...

Basically kept my mouth shut growing up, and mostly still do. Last thing I try to do is start a religious debate with people. But, sometimes, people just try to...well... preach.

Usually I can get most people off the subject by explaining God created light on the first day, but the sun on the fourth. Well, the sun gives us our light, right? so....

I've read the Bible through three times in my life, once when I was eight, just to impress and see if I could do it. Didn't really comprehend much though. And, as Seth said in Oklahoma, I still had God-glasses on. Read it again at age 15, and that pretty much sold me on atheism, even though I didn't like the word itself (at that time in my life it was still synonymous with the devil). I still don't really like the word, but for different reasons now. I don't like isms. Political, social, or religious. It seems to infer everyone in that group has a collective thought process, as opposed to individual thoughts. It seems like going to a primary election voting booth, where you just choose your party, as opposed to each elected official.

Last time i read the bible was 5 years ago, and actually did compare/contrasts with passages, especially the gospels. That's when I then became more adamant in my nonbelief. Nothing anyone said was going to change my mind back to theism.

In between these readings, I've also studied other religions and mythologies (synonyms?). Dabbled in the Koran, Taoism, confucianism, buddhism, Hinduism, even a little of the south and central american religions. yeah, I know, weird hobby.

Besides religion, I've also studied some politics. Can't say i'm in any set party, but I do like more Democrat ideals than Republican, and Tea partiers scare me. We are NOT a christian nation, and we damn well better stay that way!

I do love humor, and sarcasm and dry wit are my favorites. Carlin, Lewis Black, Dennis Leary, Tim Minchin, all favorites of mine.

Ok that's a good primer. Anything else just ask.
30-12-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't agree with this statement. Replace 'everyone' with 'most people' and I will toyally agree. I have had students that I have done everything I can think of to help them make any type of progress to no avail. There are a small number of people who just don't connect with making music. Could it be my skills as a teacher? Hard to say. I have been told many times that I am an excellent teacher and I have not had anyone say anything contrary to that. Maybe there are a few that I am not capable of reaching? I can't answer that unless I have a few samples of teachers who can reach every student, or I have students who I could not reach who were taught by other teachers and there results could be compared against my results.
Until then, my experience indicates that there are a few that won't be able to learn to play.
[/quote]

Remember, some people have physical mental differences that make it very difficult to comprehend or even hear music. some are tone deaf, have ear damage, dyslexia (imagine trying to read music notes), or other problems that can affect music comprehension. Still others don't really try. Me personally I learned Piano, but for the life of me I can't create anything new. give me enough time and ambition and a cure for carpaltunnel, and I can learn most songs though.
31-12-2011, 06:40 AM
welcome Sinjis Smile Very interesting what you wrote

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
31-12-2011, 07:35 AM
(30-12-2011 11:35 PM)Sinjis Wrote:  I do love humor, and sarcasm and dry wit are my favorites. Carlin, Lewis Black, Dennis Leary, Tim Minchin, all favorites of mine.

Hey Sinjis,
I really doubt you'll fit in here, but you're welcome to try even though you won't find much humor around a bunch of miserable bastards like us! Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
31-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Hello everyone . My name is Steven. I'm a pharmacy tech from Florida. I'm familiar with the thinking atheist on youtube and on facebook, so I thought I'd check out the website too.
31-12-2011, 12:32 PM
(31-12-2011 11:49 AM)madhatter138 Wrote:  Hello everyone . My name is Steven. I'm a pharmacy tech from Florida. I'm familiar with the thinking atheist on youtube and on facebook, so I thought I'd check out the website too.

Hey Steven welcome to the forum.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
31-12-2011, 01:00 PM
(31-12-2011 07:35 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(30-12-2011 11:35 PM)Sinjis Wrote:  I do love humor, and sarcasm and dry wit are my favorites. Carlin, Lewis Black, Dennis Leary, Tim Minchin, all favorites of mine.

Hey Sinjis,
I really doubt you'll fit in here, but you're welcome to try even though you won't find much humor around a bunch of miserable bastards like us! Tongue

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-12-2011, 01:03 PM
(31-12-2011 01:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Hey Sinjis,

I knew you were miserable, but I didn't know you were a bastard too!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
31-12-2011, 03:13 PM
(31-12-2011 01:03 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 01:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Hey Sinjis,

I knew you were miserable, but I didn't know you were a bastard too!

Can you list for us the Degrees of Douchebaggery. I am a 3rd degree dan, (Taekwondo), and I think I should start working on my 1st Degree Douchebag rank, although some, no doubt, would say I have already earned it. Also I don't think we've seen the long form of YOUR birth certificate yet.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Thread Closed