Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
31-12-2011, 04:08 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(31-12-2011 03:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 01:03 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 01:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 07:35 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(30-12-2011 11:35 PM)Sinjis Wrote:  I do love humor, and sarcasm and dry wit are my favorites. Carlin, Lewis Black, Dennis Leary, Tim Minchin, all favorites of mine.

Hey Sinjis,
I really doubt you'll fit in here, but you're welcome to try even though you won't find much humor around a bunch of miserable bastards like us! Tongue

Hey, I resemble that remark!

I knew you were miserable, but I didn't know you were a bastard too!

Can you list for us the Degrees of Douchebaggery. I am a 3rd degree dan, (Taekwondo), and I think I should start working on my 1st Degree Douchebag rank, although some, no doubt, would say I have already earned it. Also I don't think we've seen the long form of YOUR birth certificate yet.

I don't know man, I just repeat stuff I hear from other people without checking out the facts.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
31-12-2011, 04:32 PM
(31-12-2011 04:08 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 03:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 01:03 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 01:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 07:35 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hey Sinjis,
I really doubt you'll fit in here, but you're welcome to try even though you won't find much humor around a bunch of miserable bastards like us! Tongue

Hey, I resemble that remark!

I knew you were miserable, but I didn't know you were a bastard too!

Can you list for us the Degrees of Douchebaggery. I am a 3rd degree dan, (Taekwondo), and I think I should start working on my 1st Degree Douchebag rank, although some, no doubt, would say I have already earned it. Also I don't think we've seen the long form of YOUR birth certificate yet.

I don't know man, I just repeat stuff I hear from other people without checking out the facts.

The World Douchebag Association requires several attestations of douchebaggery. I can provide one. It won't be difficult to round up a few more. They can just "grandfather" you in. No further testing required. Big Grin

The angry gods require sacrifice. Now get outside and slay them a goat. Cadet in Terse But Deadly
[+] 2 users Like San Onofre Surfer's post
31-12-2011, 04:36 PM
(31-12-2011 04:32 PM)San Onofre Surfer Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 04:08 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 03:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Can you list for us the Degrees of Douchebaggery. I am a 3rd degree dan, (Taekwondo), and I think I should start working on my 1st Degree Douchebag rank, although some, no doubt, would say I have already earned it. Also I don't think we've seen the long form of YOUR birth certificate yet.

The World Douchebag Association requires several attestations of douchebaggery. I can provide one. It won't be difficult to round up a few more. They can just "grandfather" you in. No further testing required. Big Grin

That's more than Jesus ever did for me. Dodgy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
31-12-2011, 06:25 PM
(30-12-2011 11:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-12-2011 10:15 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(30-12-2011 09:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hope you can all stay for supper. The baby's in the oven. Tongue

Wtf... i'm tired of this baby diet .. why can't we have puppies? or kittens? .. I know, I know they dont' have as much meat on the bones... but still.... can we mix up the diet here!

Complain, complain, complain. That's all I get from you people. I slave in the kitchen all day, cooking up a new baby, and this is what I get. Puppies and kittens have nowhere near the vitamins that babies have. And besides, you need your minimum RDA of infant protein. But alright, I'll go back to Ralph's or Von's, and see what they have in the Fresh Pet department. Angry

No more kittens... too much fur [Image: 078.gif].
I did see the cutest baby polar bear recently... Dodgy

Smile Work your magic, Bucky B - I wanna get my eat on!

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
31-12-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm a 27yr old Marine and OIF veteran. I've never really been religious but have become more anti-religious since about 2005-6 and didn't really start considering myself an atheist until about late-2007. I've been a fan of The Thinking Atheist videos for years now and recently began listening to the podcasts. Any other vets out there should feel free to contact me.
[+] 1 user Likes ae26's post
01-01-2012, 12:51 AM
(31-12-2011 10:18 PM)ae26 Wrote:  I'm a 27yr old Marine and OIF veteran. I've never really been religious but have become more anti-religious since about 2005-6 and didn't really start considering myself an atheist until about late-2007. I've been a fan of The Thinking Atheist videos for years now and recently began listening to the podcasts. Any other vets out there should feel free to contact me.

Hi ae26.
[Image: 039.gif]
Welcome to the forum.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
01-01-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm Kotten, a 22 year old northern Swede.

I've never been religious, unless you count that one summer back when I was 9... My family sometimes believe in weird shit, e.g. acupuncture, ghosts etc., but I wouldn't call them religious or spiritual. My paternal grandmother *might* be religious since she does stuff for her village's chapel, like cook food and gardening, but I think she do those things because she wants something to do for her community, she never talks about religion anyway.

I think I've only met four Christians in my life (not counting priests). First time in high school my religion-class teacher asked if there were any Christians in the class and only one guy raised his hand. The second and the third one was when I visited a mental ward at a hospital, one guy thought he was Jesus Christ (oddly enough, he didn't talk about religion, he only complained about no one believing him) and the third guy complained and argued that the Jesus guy was being blasphemous. The fourth and final Christian I've met was *drum roll* a Jehovah's witness knocking on my door. I just told him politely that I'm not the person he should be talking to or he would get offended and slowly closed the door.

Some quick personal info: I used working as a clerk at a shell/7-11 (awesome job), though currently unemployed, I've been active within the Red Cross for the last 3 years; collecting money, baking and selling bread. I try to go down there at least one day a week. I read a lot of books and newspapers. I'm addicted to news and history. Really.

You do not exist. You have never existed.
01-01-2012, 09:50 AM
(01-01-2012 09:38 AM)Kotten Wrote:  I'm Kotten, a 22 year old northern Swede.

I've never been religious, unless you count that one summer back when I was 9... My family sometimes believe in weird shit, e.g. acupuncture, ghosts etc., but I wouldn't call them religious or spiritual. My paternal grandmother *might* be religious since she does stuff for her village's chapel, like cook food and gardening, but I think she do those things because she wants something to do for her community, she never talks about religion anyway.

I think I've only met four Christians in my life (not counting priests). First time in high school my religion-class teacher asked if there were any Christians in the class and only one guy raised his hand. The second and the third one was when I visited a mental ward at a hospital, one guy thought he was Jesus Christ (oddly enough, he didn't talk about religion, he only complained about no one believing him) and the third guy complained and argued that the Jesus guy was being blasphemous. The fourth and final Christian I've met was *drum roll* a Jehovah's witness knocking on my door. I just told him politely that I'm not the person he should be talking to or he would get offended and slowly closed the door.

Some quick personal info: I used working as a clerk at a shell/7-11 (awesome job), though currently unemployed, I've been active within the Red Cross for the last 3 years; collecting money, baking and selling bread. I try to go down there at least one day a week. I read a lot of books and newspapers. I'm addicted to news and history. Really.

Welcome, Kotten! We've been needing a Thought Criminal to join our motley crew. Glad to have you here. Smile

~Izel
02-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Hello, I refer to myself as Shiruba Dangan or Shiruba for short. I plan on changing my name to not be associated with my family. I'm a writer and a humanist. Also a former Roman Catholic. I was never taken to church often but had to go to Sunday school. I never believed when I was a small child. I thought this was another Santa Claus or Tooth Fairy myth. When I realized people thought it was real it just astonished me. I thought the world was going crazy. I was an atheist before I even knew the word. I suffered some traumatic experiences when I was young that only cemented the fact thar I didn't believe.

I enjoy TheThinkingAtheist podcasts and plan to do my own. I enjoy history especially Greek and Christian mythology. I'm completely joking about the last part but I do enjoy history and try to incorporate that into any writing I'm currently working on. I'm glad to be a part of this community and hopefully one day, the whole world will finally think for themselves.
02-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Hello, I go by the nick-name Dynastes. I'm sixteen, (I feel quite young after seeing the results from the age poll) and I have a strong interest in biology; especially zoology and taxonomy. I have a passion for insects. I have been a Christian for my entire life, as has my entire family. However I have always wanted to think for myself and I've always been a deep thinker. So after a year or so of debating with myself and a lot of quiet thinking, I really have lost my previous faith. I am not sure if I will ever be able to tell my family, but after considering a decent amount of arguments from both religious and secular sides, I would consider myself atheist. Seeing as I previously had a strong belief in the Bible and it's teachings, I am still fairly opened minded. I'm new to the site, so I hope to learn more and continue... thinking.
Thread Closed