Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
16-08-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
hi! i'm 30 years old guy from Finland who likes H.P Lovecraft books, science fiction
Xbox, PS3 and i'm an Atheist and have been my whole life religion just does not sink into me i have relatives that are Jehovah's witnesses but we do get along. Smile
Find all posts by this user
16-08-2012, 02:56 PM
(16-08-2012 01:40 PM)Cthulhu81 Wrote:  hi! i'm 30 years old guy from Finland who likes H.P Lovecraft books, science fiction
Xbox, PS3 and i'm an Atheist and have been my whole life religion just does not sink into me i have relatives that are Jehovah's witnesses but we do get along. Smile

Welcome and I love the name!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
16-08-2012, 04:23 PM
here's my response to religious people ....if they insist that god exist and that it is real and just because i cant disprove it makes it real and therefore automatic win ....then
i can play that game too like this....i say Cthulhu created the universe and i say it does exist and it is real and i believe in it ...why? because the book says so and you cant disprove Cthulhu.
16-08-2012, 11:41 PM
It's a.k.a. circular reasoning.
17-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Hi everyone. I'm a 29 year old attorney, living in Idaho. I was raised Mormon (in fact, I am a direct descendant of Hyrum Smith, so my family has been Mormon since the beginning). I have gone through the process of "losing my religion" in the last 2 years or so. It started in law school (ironically at BYU), where I learned to think critically. I look forward to talking with you all.
[+] 1 user Likes SilverGirl's post
17-08-2012, 07:13 PM
(17-08-2012 06:41 PM)SilverGirl Wrote:  Hi everyone. I'm a 29 year old attorney, living in Idaho. I was raised Mormon (in fact, I am a direct descendant of Hyrum Smith, so my family has been Mormon since the beginning). I have gone through the process of "losing my religion" in the last 2 years or so. It started in law school (ironically at BYU), where I learned to think critically. I look forward to talking with you all.

Howdy. [Image: Tip-Hat.gif]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
17-08-2012, 08:09 PM
(17-08-2012 06:41 PM)SilverGirl Wrote:  Hi everyone. I'm a 29 year old attorney, living in Idaho. I was raised Mormon (in fact, I am a direct descendant of Hyrum Smith, so my family has been Mormon since the beginning). I have gone through the process of "losing my religion" in the last 2 years or so. It started in law school (ironically at BYU), where I learned to think critically. I look forward to talking with you all.

Welcome. your story gives me hope for humanity.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
17-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Introduce Yourself HERE!

Welcome to TTA, SilverGirl. Are you really silver? If so you need to go to the Forum picture thread and let us see. Damn, I hope you look like Silver Surfer. That would totally rock!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Hi all. I run a page on Facebook called Religion Poisons Everything. I also help run a few other pages including Grand Unified Theory, a page devoted to science and skepticism and The Great Freedom, an atheist page started by one of my friends. I live in Queensland, Australia with my wife and two children. I would describe myself as an anti-theist.

Religion poisons everything. As well as a menace to civilization, it has become a threat to human survival. - Christopher Hitchens
19-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Hey All, Scott here. Nothing much to say except I'm just making my way through this crazy thing we call life.
Thread Closed