Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
24-08-2012, 04:58 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(24-08-2012 04:56 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  You better not. We'll have Jamie slip into his kilt and ride the train South and bitch slap you back!

That'd be great. I get to slap him as well and I even get him to come to me. Just need you to jet over as well Erx and it would be a perfect day Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
24-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Grating brave? Nah. Just took a break from winding you up Tongue. do you know you unstuck this thread?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
24-08-2012, 05:00 PM
(24-08-2012 04:14 PM)hylonome Wrote:  
(24-08-2012 03:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome. Why are you a Christian?

Well, to sum it up I was kinda depressed for a while. After the last shot at counselling had gone down the drain I was in a pretty bad place. I'd never really been a Christian before, but I had what I would call a religious experience. I've been back to my old self ever since that night, and that's all down to God. Smile

Hey hey welcome Smile Hope ol' Sergeant Badass warned you about the evil that lurks in this forum... we appease it by feeding Christian babes to it... not that we'd do that to you... no, you're perfectly safe with us Smile at least while Hughsie's watching...
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-08-2012, 05:00 PM
(24-08-2012 04:58 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Grating brave? Nah. Just took a break from winding you up Tongue. do you know you unstuck this thread?

Did I? My bad, had to use that damn tapatalk app because my sister's on the computer.

I'm guessing you re-stickied it?

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
24-08-2012, 05:04 PM
She's even bullied you off the computer. Man you have it rough Tongue

Yeah it has been re stuck.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
24-08-2012, 05:06 PM
(24-08-2012 05:04 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  She's even bullied you off the computer. Man you have it rough Tongue

Yeah it has been re stuck.

I'm a benevolent dude actually Big Grin!

Thanks for re-sticking the thread bro Thumbsup!

Best
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
25-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone! I'm TheSecretAtheist, no relation to The Thinking Atheist. I'm a 32 year old guy from South Carolina who is currently working as the music director in a local Southern Baptist church. I realized about 2 and a half years ago that I no longer believed in god or anything to do with religion (I'd realized quite a while before that I didn't believe in most of what SBC churches teach) and started a blog under this name.

I've been listening to Seth's show for a little over a year now.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TheSecretAtheist's post
25-08-2012, 04:38 PM
(25-08-2012 04:33 PM)TheSecretAtheist Wrote:  Hi everyone! I'm TheSecretAtheist, no relation to The Thinking Atheist. I'm a 32 year old guy from South Carolina who is currently working as the music director in a local Southern Baptist church. I realized about 2 and a half years ago that I no longer believed in god or anything to do with religion (I'd realized quite a while before that I didn't believe in most of what SBC churches teach) and started a blog under this name.

Music director, as in... like the minister of music?

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
25-08-2012, 05:04 PM
(25-08-2012 04:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(25-08-2012 04:33 PM)TheSecretAtheist Wrote:  Hi everyone! I'm TheSecretAtheist, no relation to The Thinking Atheist. I'm a 32 year old guy from South Carolina who is currently working as the music director in a local Southern Baptist church. I realized about 2 and a half years ago that I no longer believed in god or anything to do with religion (I'd realized quite a while before that I didn't believe in most of what SBC churches teach) and started a blog under this name.

Music director, as in... like the minister of music?

Yes, as in the minister of music. I'm not actually a "minister" though since I'm not ordained. I direct the choir, plan the services, direct the hymns, and oversee the rest of the music program (two children's choirs, two paid accompanists) at the church. I don't do ministerial things like visit people in the hospital or officiate things.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-08-2012, 06:23 PM
(25-08-2012 05:04 PM)TheSecretAtheist Wrote:  
(25-08-2012 04:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Music director, as in... like the minister of music?

Yes, as in the minister of music. I'm not actually a "minister" though since I'm not ordained. I direct the choir, plan the services, direct the hymns, and oversee the rest of the music program (two children's choirs, two paid accompanists) at the church. I don't do ministerial things like visit people in the hospital or officiate things.

You'll fit right in.

I hope you have an very inntellectual time here.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Thread Closed