Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
16-12-2012, 01:05 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(16-12-2012 12:21 PM)Sudha Damarla Wrote:  Hi,
I am Sudha. I am 27 year old female from India.
I am an open atheist.

- Sudha

Welcome aboard the board.

Good to have another here from the right hand side of the big map.

I hear that atheism is very widespread in India. I would love to hear your thoughts when you have time to start a thread or two.

Welcome again.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Maybe I am more a
skeptic than an atheist. Just not ready not to believe. I was brought up
Southern Baptist. I accepted Christ at age 8 or 9. Thank God I was not going to
hell. I went a long time the bible said it, I believe it, that settles it ,
amen. Then I had to have so much explained away of what was in the bible. If I
read the bible, I had to read it in the "right, inspired, way". Went through all the
apologetic and
believing it. There was always this gnawing down deep that God had to be more
than an all know father figure out there. Maybe Star Wars the Force might be
closer to it? I have seen Laurence Krauss's something from nothing and
Christopher Hitchens's debates. Found The Thinking Atheist pod casts on my
Windows Phone and here I am doing what the bible tells me to do.

"Prove all things: hold fast that which is good."— 1 Thess. v. 21.

I am 51 years old and still looking for answers.
[+] 2 users Like TimothyMit's post
17-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi all, I'm Lalida from Thailand , 25years old
I'm not studying currently but I do believe in self learning and self education
My English is not so great but I'm trying to improve it.
I hope this site give me some brighten mind I like reading and learn.

I ll never stop learning :-)
I'm very new here
I'm very friendly and
Please advice if there's anything..

(^,...,^)

Angel oi
[+] 2 users Like Lalida's post
17-12-2012, 11:32 AM
(17-12-2012 11:17 AM)Lalida Wrote:  Hi all, I'm Lalida from Thailand , 25years old
I'm not studying currently but I do believe in self learning and self education
My English is not so great but I'm trying to improve it.
I hope this site give me some brighten mind I like reading and learn.

I ll never stop learning :-)
I'm very new here
I'm very friendly and
Please advice if there's anything..

(^,...,^)
Hi Lalida Smile Are you one of DLJ's friends ? 'Cos if you are he wrote a rather beautiful poem about you - I'm too lazy to go find it, but if you beat him up he will find it for you I'm sure Smile
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
17-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Hello, i'm a 22 year old atheist from Norway, and seemingly the first in my family not to believe in ghosts or an afterlife. My parents aren't really the most religious people around. My father is agnostic, and my mother is more of a pantheist that doesn't seem to know what pantheism is. Both my brother and i were raised in a secular fashion, and both came out atheist.
I studied photography but turned out not to like the sterile studio setting nor having to give directions and tell people how to pose (being an asperger, this proved to be too much of a challenge to me). Instead i work as a substitute cleaner, while trying to find a "real" job that suits me. I'm a huge fan of metal (especially black) and video games, often combining the two. I enjoy audiobooks, documentaries, podcasts, youtube lectures from universities, and pretty much any audible (credible) source of information i can comprehend the contents of.
17-12-2012, 11:40 PM
(17-12-2012 09:27 PM)misanthra Wrote:  Hello, i'm a 22 year old atheist from Norway, and seemingly the first in my family not to believe in ghosts or an afterlife. My parents aren't really the most religious people around. My father is agnostic, and my mother is more of a pantheist that doesn't seem to know what pantheism is. Both my brother and i were raised in a secular fashion, and both came out atheist.
I studied photography but turned out not to like the sterile studio setting nor having to give directions and tell people how to pose (being an asperger, this proved to be too much of a challenge to me). Instead i work as a substitute cleaner, while trying to find a "real" job that suits me. I'm a huge fan of metal (especially black) and video games, often combining the two. I enjoy audiobooks, documentaries, podcasts, youtube lectures from universities, and pretty much any audible (credible) source of information i can comprehend the contents of.

Welcome dude. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
18-12-2012, 05:02 AM
Hi! Can't wait to meet and talk to other free thinkers!
Hello everyone,

I'm an open minded, decent atheist from Surrey! As I'm sure many do, I greatly admire Richard Dawkins, James Randi and the late great Christopher Hitchens.

I'm looking forward to a lot of fun and interesting chats with you all soon!
18-12-2012, 05:41 AM
RE: Hi! Can't wait to meet and talk to other free thinkers!
(18-12-2012 05:02 AM)xxjustinukxx Wrote:  Hello everyone,

I'm an open minded, decent atheist from Surrey! As I'm sure many do, I greatly admire Richard Dawkins, James Randi and the late great Christopher Hitchens.

I'm looking forward to a lot of fun and interesting chats with you all soon!

Hey dude, good to see another Brit on the forums, especially one who's not Scottish. *coughFSM_SCOTcough* Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
18-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Howdy Ya'll!

I guess you could consider me a fairly new atheist since I've only been not believing since about the beginning of August 2012. I lived in MD for most of my life and came from a very conservative, fundamental pentecostal christian family. I'm not "out" with them yet. Frankly, the prospect of telling them scares the crap outta me. I've been able to admit my non-belief to few of my friends from my old life. Right now I am just building my case. Cause I know at some point, I will need to have those answers for them.

Living in Texas now I am exploring a life without god. And ya know what? It's great! I am looking forward to a life free from fear, self-loathing, and judgement. I have met a few atheists here in town and other who are at least willing to let me not believe what I want. Life is looking up for the first time!

Travis

A philosopher once asked, "Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or
do we gaze at them because we are human?" Pointless, really... "Do the
stars gaze back?" Now *that's* a question.
Stardust - 2007
18-12-2012, 07:19 PM
(18-12-2012 08:46 AM)Saneter Wrote:  Howdy Ya'll!

I guess you could consider me a fairly new atheist since I've only been not believing since about the beginning of August 2012. I lived in MD for most of my life and came from a very conservative, fundamental pentecostal christian family. I'm not "out" with them yet. Frankly, the prospect of telling them scares the crap outta me. I've been able to admit my non-belief to few of my friends from my old life. Right now I am just building my case. Cause I know at some point, I will need to have those answers for them.

Living in Texas now I am exploring a life without god. And ya know what? It's great! I am looking forward to a life free from fear, self-loathing, and judgement. I have met a few atheists here in town and other who are at least willing to let me not believe what I want. Life is looking up for the first time!

Travis

A philosopher once asked, "Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or
do we gaze at them because we are human?" Pointless, really... "Do the
stars gaze back?" Now *that's* a question.
Stardust - 2007

Sounds like you're getting it together. Good job.

Welcome aboard.