gremlins

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
02-01-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(01-01-2013 07:12 PM)Philippe Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 06:56 PM)seattlegirl123 Wrote:  Welcome... back! I noticed you are from MA or at least went to school in MA. I actual live now in the New England area but I am originally a Seattle girl at heart. I love Boston for the fact there is so many people that actual think, talk, and show intellectual curiosity in every field. Have a great day thinking!
Since we joined at the same time, welcome!
02-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Hi, my name is Wendy and I'm 47. In my teens and early 20's I was very religions but began to question and took my "god glasses" off and started to see the bible for what it really was. An old dusty book filled with myth and legend. I've probably felt this way for at least 15 years or more but only recently have I began to tell my friends and family about my feelings. And If I hear one more of them, even though I love them all dearly, tell me they are going to pray for my soul I think my head is going to explode. I've also lived my life with major depression which god never helped me with one bit. I'm free of god and suicidal thoughts, wow how can that be. And I'm a smart ass as well. But seriously the main thing that helped be recover from all of the above was my new love of hiking and nature photography. I get out on the trail and I think of nothing else but the trail and the beauty of nature. Of course now I have to listen to my friends say this about my pictures. They are so beautiful, you can't tell me that god didn't create that beautiful nature. aurghhhhhh. I'm also a conservative. It's hard to be a Conservative atheist. And the reason I went out on google trying to find a place where I fit in is because I get sick and tired of being lumped into what I call the angry atheist. I can't find and groups in my area that are not kind of like this. I do not care in the slightest if there is a cross on the side of the road or a nativity seen in the county park. I don't care. I just don't care. I have more important things in life to care about. And when I listened to Seth's videos I did not hear any anger. He sounded just like me. Somebody who has been there, done that and found it to be wrong for them. And I'm just looking for people like me.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
03-01-2013, 08:58 AM
(02-01-2013 11:02 PM)smidgen Wrote:  Hi, my name is Wendy and I'm 47. In my teens and early 20's I was very religions but began to question and took my "god glasses" off and started to see the bible for what it really was. An old dusty book filled with myth and legend. I've probably felt this way for at least 15 years or more but only recently have I began to tell my friends and family about my feelings. And If I hear one more of them, even though I love them all dearly, tell me they are going to pray for my soul I think my head is going to explode. I've also lived my life with major depression which god never helped me with one bit. I'm free of god and suicidal thoughts, wow how can that be. And I'm a smart ass as well. But seriously the main thing that helped be recover from all of the above was my new love of hiking and nature photography. I get out on the trail and I think of nothing else but the trail and the beauty of nature. Of course now I have to listen to my friends say this about my pictures. They are so beautiful, you can't tell me that god didn't create that beautiful nature. aurghhhhhh. I'm also a conservative. It's hard to be a Conservative atheist. And the reason I went out on google trying to find a place where I fit in is because I get sick and tired of being lumped into what I call the angry atheist. I can't find and groups in my area that are not kind of like this. I do not care in the slightest if there is a cross on the side of the road or a nativity seen in the county park. I don't care. I just don't care. I have more important things in life to care about. And when I listened to Seth's videos I did not hear any anger. He sounded just like me. Somebody who has been there, done that and found it to be wrong for them. And I'm just looking for people like me.

Welcome. You will find there is a broad range of people here, including conservative photographers.

Dive in, have fun, don't let the occasional angry post deter you. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2013, 09:33 AM
(03-01-2013 08:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 11:02 PM)smidgen Wrote:  Hi, my name is Wendy and I'm 47. In my teens and early 20's I was very religions but began to question and took my "god glasses" off and started to see the bible for what it really was. An old dusty book filled with myth and legend. I've probably felt this way for at least 15 years or more but only recently have I began to tell my friends and family about my feelings. And If I hear one more of them, even though I love them all dearly, tell me they are going to pray for my soul I think my head is going to explode. I've also lived my life with major depression which god never helped me with one bit. I'm free of god and suicidal thoughts, wow how can that be. And I'm a smart ass as well. But seriously the main thing that helped be recover from all of the above was my new love of hiking and nature photography. I get out on the trail and I think of nothing else but the trail and the beauty of nature. Of course now I have to listen to my friends say this about my pictures. They are so beautiful, you can't tell me that god didn't create that beautiful nature. aurghhhhhh. I'm also a conservative. It's hard to be a Conservative atheist. And the reason I went out on google trying to find a place where I fit in is because I get sick and tired of being lumped into what I call the angry atheist. I can't find and groups in my area that are not kind of like this. I do not care in the slightest if there is a cross on the side of the road or a nativity seen in the county park. I don't care. I just don't care. I have more important things in life to care about. And when I listened to Seth's videos I did not hear any anger. He sounded just like me. Somebody who has been there, done that and found it to be wrong for them. And I'm just looking for people like me.

Welcome. You will find there is a broad range of people here, including conservative photographers.

Dive in, have fun, don't let the occasional angry post deter you. Big Grin
Thank you chas

04-01-2013, 05:59 AM
I'm a married father of three, skeptical by nature and atheist by default. Not a big forum user but recent geographical displacement has me at the a loss for folks to converse with.
04-01-2013, 06:37 AM
(02-01-2013 03:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  gremlins

I like your gif!

I bet Benny Hinn enjoyed the shit outta smacking those suckers with his jacket. I would have hadouken-ed him.

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
[+] 1 user Likes thewellkeptwoman's post
04-01-2013, 04:17 PM
(04-01-2013 05:59 AM)p0rkch0pp Wrote:  I'm a married father of three, skeptical by nature and atheist by default. Not a big forum user but recent geographical displacement has me at the a loss for folks to converse with.
Welcome, I'm new here myself.

04-01-2013, 07:17 PM
(02-01-2013 03:14 PM)DLJ Wrote:  How come I get this "board message":

The specified thread does not exist.

Other things to try:

etc.

when I click on page 285 or "next"?

I already pointed this out to them in the Forum Team Matters forum, "You fuckers do realize that when a newcomer posts to the intro thread and no one's yet approved the initial post and the post results in a new page on the thread, that it comes back as 'The specified thread does not exist.' You realize this, right?"

What I got back was:
[Image: HUH-WE-ENHANCE-1_zps9ae2d3c4.jpg]

2 words - technical ineptitude. Maybe Chas'll take care of it now.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shocked I am just going to introduce myself and start things off light. Dru Denizen 17 559 13-01-2014 04:05 AM
Last Post: Dee
  Introduce Myself Nevillean 1 211 23-06-2013 07:56 AM
Last Post: morondog
  [split] Introduce Yourself HERE! Thinking Mom's Letter thinkingmom 8 589 10-06-2013 01:53 PM
Last Post: viocjit
  Derailed :D[split] Introduce Yourself HERE! hylonome 81 3,894 27-08-2012 12:14 AM
Last Post: Atothetheist
  Please allow me to introduce myself Caveman 12 724 29-03-2012 07:22 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Can I Introduce Myself Video3tech 24 1,720 27-03-2012 11:36 PM
Last Post: aurora
Big Grin Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce myself! justacityboy 24 2,608 26-05-2010 07:12 PM
Last Post: Unbeliever