Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
06-01-2013, 01:11 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Wow TJ - around the block and back again, huh? Cool.

Lurk and learn all you want - we have a very eclectic bunch here, not afraid to post whatever is on their mind. You might find you fit right in. Wink

Welcome to the forum. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2013, 01:14 PM
(06-01-2013 12:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 05:11 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Hi everyone!

I'm Hobbitgirl and I am from the pacific NW in the "lovely" US of A. It's nice to find a community of like minded people, as where I am from there aren't many. Been an Atheist for most of my life, with a short stint as a Baptist in my highschool days (I'm still ashamed of this, crazy what you'll do to fit in in a small town) I grew up in a household of non-christians and am lucky to have had family that never questions how I believe. So I never really had that "coming out" experience. Anyway it's great to be here and I look forward to talking with you all!
They're taking the hobbits to Isengard. Tell me where is Gandalf for I much desire to speak with him.

*dances for 10 hours straight* Hobo

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
06-01-2013, 01:16 PM
(06-01-2013 01:14 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 12:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  They're taking the hobbits to Isengard. Tell me where is Gandalf for I much desire to speak with him.

*dances for 10 hours straight* Hobo

I'm up to 35 mins.

It's getting a little samey!

Undecided

06-01-2013, 01:17 PM
I would watch these 10 hour things, but then I remember the other things in life and cannot go on.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
06-01-2013, 02:36 PM
(06-01-2013 01:17 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  I would watch these 10 hour things, but then I remember the other things in life and cannot go on.

I've listened for 2 hour, now. I don't think it's going anywhere.

But you never know. I will persevere.

Yes

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Hi all from Ontario, Canada. Looking forward to meet people and chat. I define myself as an atheist after a long journey of troubled belief in the Roman Catholic Church. I am also a gay man, love science, and I am a teacher of special education as a profession. Cheers!
06-01-2013, 04:38 PM
(06-01-2013 01:16 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 01:14 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  *dances for 10 hours straight* Hobo

I'm up to 35 mins.

It's getting a little samey!

Undecided

It was a little samey after 35 seconds. 10 hrs? What the actual fuck?!?!?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2013, 04:40 PM
(06-01-2013 04:08 PM)Daniel Wrote:  Hi all from Ontario, Canada. Looking forward to meet people and chat. I define myself as an atheist after a long journey of troubled belief in the Roman Catholic Church. I am also a gay man, love science, and I am a teacher of special education as a profession. Cheers!

Welcome. You should be comfortable here - there are other Canadians. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2013, 05:03 PM
(06-01-2013 04:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 04:08 PM)Daniel Wrote:  Hi all from Ontario, Canada. Looking forward to meet people and chat. I define myself as an atheist after a long journey of troubled belief in the Roman Catholic Church. I am also a gay man, love science, and I am a teacher of special education as a profession. Cheers!

Welcome. You should be comfortable here - there are other Canadians. Drinking Beverage

I would think quite the opposite would be true.

But welcome anyway! Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Hi all. I'm Kristi, 33 y/o woman in Idaho. Surrounded by Mormons! Eeek!
Been listening to the pod casts for about 6 months now. Just got on the site today. Seth's talks help me feel less alone in this land of Zion and intellectual wasteland.