Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
10-01-2013, 01:10 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(10-01-2013 01:03 AM)Ape_Linkin Wrote:  Hello people!

I'm Ryan, I'm 24 years old, and I reside in South Carolina. I've been an atheist for about four years, and I come from an extremely religous family and upbringing. I'm very open about my beliefs, and everyone who knows me knows I'm an atheist.

I skimmed through the forums and decided to join. I'm here to discuss anything science related, share ideas and hopefully learn new things. I don't take offense in being corrected, I actually encourage it, as do many scientific minds.

Welcome Ryan.
I think you should have an avatar pic of a dead president with a beard and top hat.

We will do our best to correct and offend you. It is our purpose.

Coffeedrinker

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
10-01-2013, 05:59 AM
Hi, I'm Sally, I grew up in a Christian household though I was never Christian myself. My mom is Protestant and Dad is Catholic ay is and I was fortunate they gave me a choice. The fact that I didn't choose Christianity is seen as a failure by my mom and she likes to drop little hints. As for me I took an interest in various forms of paganism but atheism is making more sense and I figure I should stop fighting my instincts.
Thank you
10-01-2013, 06:02 AM
Hey sayjo. Welcome to the forum.
10-01-2013, 09:09 AM
(10-01-2013 01:03 AM)Ape_Linkin Wrote:  Hello people!

I'm Ryan, I'm 24 years old, and I reside in South Carolina. I've been an atheist for about four years, and I come from an extremely religous family and upbringing. I'm very open about my beliefs, and everyone who knows me knows I'm an atheist.

I skimmed through the forums and decided to join. I'm here to discuss anything science related, share ideas and hopefully learn new things. I don't take offense in being corrected, I actually encourage it, as do many scientific minds.

Welcome - you will find lots of science threads and science-minded people here. And other kinds of people, too.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2013, 11:39 AM
I had been stepping towards Atheism for about a year now. I live in Singapore from the US(LV,NV). Though I had been a believer since I was 24 (now 45), Thanks to youtube and several Hitchslaps, I began the slide out of belief. I have read as many books by Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris during this last year. And I am on chapter 18 of Seth's De-Converted. I have begun to see the light and it is awesome ( I think).

Thanks for this place,

Ron
10-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Hello, all! cjlr here. Atheist through and through, thanks to a secular upbringing by very wise parents.

I've been bingeing the archive of Thinking Atheist podcasts for the last couple weeks, and, finally having caught up, figured I'd give the site proper a go. Seth's said quite a few times what a great community it is, and hey, who couldn't use a little more of that in their lives?
10-01-2013, 12:36 PM
(10-01-2013 11:39 AM)randomjen Wrote:  I had been stepping towards Atheism for about a year now. I live in Singapore from the US(LV,NV). Though I had been a believer since I was 24 (now 45), Thanks to youtube and several Hitchslaps, I began the slide out of belief. I have read as many books by Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris during this last year. And I am on chapter 18 of Seth's De-Converted. I have begun to see the light and it is awesome ( I think).

Thanks for this place,

Ron

Hi Ron.

Which part of Sing?

Oh yeah... welcome and all that.

10-01-2013, 12:38 PM
(10-01-2013 12:17 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Hello, all! cjlr here. Atheist through and through, thanks to a secular upbringing by very wise parents.

I've been bingeing the archive of Thinking Atheist podcasts for the last couple weeks, and, finally having caught up, figured I'd give the site proper a go. Seth's said quite a few times what a great community it is, and hey, who couldn't use a little more of that in their lives?

Welcome cjlr.

Community and Forum. Meaning that there are many heated debates. Get stuck in.

And welcome.

10-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Hello, my name is atothetheist and since I had made my exit on this forum I thought it would be nice to introduce myself again and say that I am back.

My name is Steven and I am fifteen years old, though I will be turning Sixteen soon. I hate dubstep, but I love classical. I became an atheist when I was thirteen and came out to my parents when I was 14, I did it on the day of the reason rally I think. My parents adopted me from Russia and Since I was five I made America my new home.

Good to be back.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
10-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Welcome to the forum?

The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries:
Number 14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"