Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
25-01-2013, 08:38 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(24-01-2013 09:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-01-2013 08:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  And reason is the answer.
I see it more as a navigational system, kinda like GPS for metaphysics.

Yeah, I can go with that. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2013, 10:16 AM
My name is Paula. I've been calling myself an atheist for about 8 year now. It came about after delving into the faith of my childhood and teenage years in my mid 20's. I realized it was all bunk.

I'm more or less open about it. I usually use the term humanist, just because it tells more about what I do believe than what I don't.

I live just north of Houston, TX, and religiosity abounds! No

See ya 'round
Find all posts by this user
25-01-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm a Christian and a newbie here and would love advice re: handling myself that are ways that are forum appropriate, so I can learn and contribute to some vigorous discussion, which I'd love, without getting banned, which I'd not love so much.
Thanks!
PleaseJesus
25-01-2013, 03:33 PM
You wont get banned unless you give reason to.

Being misinformed is not one of them.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
25-01-2013, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2013 05:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-01-2013 03:13 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I'm a Christian and a newbie here and would love advice re: handling myself that are ways that are forum appropriate, so I can learn and contribute to some vigorous discussion, which I'd love, without getting banned, which I'd not love so much.
Thanks!
PleaseJesus

Welcome PleaseJesus! Check out the Ask a Theist thread. Goddam nihilist posing as a delusional Calvinist has the highest rep on the entire fucking forum. He handles himself quite well. Yes

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Hi y'all. I live in the southern US, am 53 years old, been in IT since 1981 and was on the front lines of building the early Internet. I was forced, by my mother, to attend a Pentecost church 4 times/week until I rebelled at age of 14 because I couldn't take the non-sense anymore. I've been atheist since age 15. I've raised two wonderful beautiful talented well adjusted daughters (21 & 25) as free-thinkers who are also atheists. I have a 2YO grandson. I'm a serious guitarist since the age of nine. I look forward to jumping in lots of discussions. Thanks!

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. – Thomas Paine
[+] 1 user Likes MrBean's post
25-01-2013, 05:35 PM
(25-01-2013 05:28 PM)MrBean Wrote:  Hi y'all. I live in the southern US, am 53 years old, been in IT since 1981 and was on the front lines of building the early Internet. I was forced, by my mother, to attend a Pentecost church 4 times/week until I rebelled at age of 14 because I couldn't take the non-sense anymore. I've been atheist since age 15. I've raised two wonderful beautiful talented well adjusted daughters (21 & 25) as free-thinkers who are also atheists. I have a 2YO grandson. I'm a serious guitarist since the age of nine. I look forward to jumping in lots of discussions. Thanks!
Welcome, I hope you join in and enjoy the forum.

Caution: We have lots of odd people here. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-01-2013, 05:53 PM
(25-01-2013 10:16 AM)plav74 Wrote:  My name is Paula. I've been calling myself an atheist for about 8 year now. It came about after delving into the faith of my childhood and teenage years in my mid 20's. I realized it was all bunk.

I'm more or less open about it. I usually use the term humanist, just because it tells more about what I do believe than what I don't.

I live just north of Houston, TX, and religiosity abounds! No

See ya 'round
Welcome

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
25-01-2013, 05:54 PM
(25-01-2013 05:28 PM)MrBean Wrote:  Hi y'all. I live in the southern US, am 53 years old, been in IT since 1981 and was on the front lines of building the early Internet. I was forced, by my mother, to attend a Pentecost church 4 times/week until I rebelled at age of 14 because I couldn't take the non-sense anymore. I've been atheist since age 15. I've raised two wonderful beautiful talented well adjusted daughters (21 & 25) as free-thinkers who are also atheists. I have a 2YO grandson. I'm a serious guitarist since the age of nine. I look forward to jumping in lots of discussions. Thanks!
Welcome Big Grin

25-01-2013, 05:55 PM
(25-01-2013 05:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
Welcome, I hope you join in and enjoy the forum.

Caution: We have lots of odd people here. Consider
That's why I knew I would fit in just fine. Tongue