Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
28-01-2013, 04:36 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(28-01-2013 04:30 AM)damted Wrote:  I`m an Atheist`s Atheist in the way that their are no Atheist`s in foxholes.
Belief has driven man since time began, to ignore it is no ignore man`s evolution of the mind.

The Bible
is the most in-depth collection of books(66) on earth from poetry, drama -
prophecy -fulfillment - law - Grace to
systems of salvation and condemnation.

Written over many centuries, billions use it rightly and wrongly to seek truth. As in any journey you don`t arrive at the end at the beginning.

So I acknowledge mans complexity and don`t ignore his instinct for believing in god or his capacity to close his mind to his own inevitable Death.
Faith in the unseen drives the sciences, its built in, locked in. Accepting this allows for the impossible to happen. Penicillin from mold as it were. Life from decay.

Long live open mindedness and realize a God once rejected has not eliminated a God that has provided the free gift of salvation that many of his fellowman has accepted before him
and undoubtedly well after he has expired.

While Truth hides amongst the ignorant and liars our search must be diligent and critical so I look on atheists in hope and optimism.

You can try shouting this from the top of the highest building you can find. Still won't make it true or even coherent.

Anyhow, welcome. Please, try not to shout next time, though.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2013, 06:38 AM
(28-01-2013 04:30 AM)damted Wrote:  I`m an Atheist`s Atheist in the way that their are no Atheist`s in foxholes.
Belief has driven man since time began, to ignore it is no ignore man`s evolution of the mind.

The Bible
is the most in-depth collection of books(66) on earth from poetry, drama -
prophecy -fulfillment - law - Grace to
systems of salvation and condemnation.

Written over many centuries, billions use it rightly and wrongly to seek truth. As in any journey you don`t arrive at the end at the beginning.

So I acknowledge mans complexity and don`t ignore his instinct for believing in god or his capacity to close his mind to his own inevitable Death.
Faith in the unseen drives the sciences, its built in, locked in. Accepting this allows for the impossible to happen. Penicillin from mold as it were. Life from decay.

Long live open mindedness and realize a God once rejected has not eliminated a God that has provided the free gift of salvation that many of his fellowman has accepted before him
and undoubtedly well after he has expired.

While Truth hides amongst the ignorant and liars our search must be diligent and critical so I look on atheists in hope and optimism.

This is clearly a cut-and-paste of text. Please try posting an original thought.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2013, 06:48 AM
(28-01-2013 06:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  This is clearly a cut-and-paste of text. Please try posting an original thought.

This is clearly a cut-and-paste of text. Please try posting an original thought. Tongue

Bechased
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-01-2013, 06:49 AM
Re: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello there, new to the community. Hopefully there are others here that are going through the same experiences I am. I am just a small nonbeliever in a large Catholic family. And I recently (and mistakenly?) informed my family that religious faith has no part in my life. Bad idea. Talk about a black sheep huh?
[+] 2 users Like TheMath's post
28-01-2013, 10:14 AM
I am Bart i am 12 years old and i like drawing and video games!
I love seth's video's and podcasts!
I enjoy arguments about religion and would love to join you!

My regards, Bart
28-01-2013, 10:16 AM
(28-01-2013 10:14 AM)TheThinker Wrote:  I am Bart i am 12 years old and i like drawing and video games!
I love seth's video's and podcasts!
I enjoy arguments about religion and would love to join you!

My regards, Bart
Welcome.

I think you get the award for the youngest person here.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
28-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Hey Folks,
I am Shannon, a 31 year old atheist originally from SC, but escaped the horrors of the Bible Belt to come live in New York. I am here to learn and commune with other atheists.

Why are there so many LGBT theists?
28-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Hello, I'm a crochety old (70) Christian from the US. I just got banned from another forum for being mean. I'll probably get banned here. I've been banned form a lot of forums. So be it. I just tell it like it is. I dont like liars and people that think they are better than everyone else. Phoney eletists really get my dander up. I wont lie to you and hope you wont lie to me. My beliefs are just that, beliefs. I believe things about Christianity based on what I call facts but I dont expect you to believe them as facts. Likewise, I expect you to understand what you believe is just that, your belief, not fact. If you say it is a fact that the earth is millions of years old then you are lying. It an opinion of people that used certain criteria for believing it is that old. Just because they are scientists doesnt mean they are right. If you want to believe them then fine, but its still an opinion not a fact. I could talk forever but I'll stop here. You get my gist. We'll see how long it takes me to get banned. Love ya.
28-01-2013, 03:15 PM
(28-01-2013 01:07 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Hello, I'm a crochety old (70) Christian from the US. I just got banned from another forum for being mean. I'll probably get banned here. I've been banned form a lot of forums. So be it. I just tell it like it is. I dont like liars and people that think they are better than everyone else. Phoney eletists really get my dander up. I wont lie to you and hope you wont lie to me. My beliefs are just that, beliefs. I believe things about Christianity based on what I call facts but I dont expect you to believe them as facts. Likewise, I expect you to understand what you believe is just that, your belief, not fact. If you say it is a fact that the earth is millions of years old then you are lying. It an opinion of people that used certain criteria for believing it is that old. Just because they are scientists doesnt mean they are right. If you want to believe them then fine, but its still an opinion not a fact. I could talk forever but I'll stop here. You get my gist. We'll see how long it takes me to get banned. Love ya.
You won't get banned from here. We don't ban for differing opinions or being a jerk.

Why? Are you trying to?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
28-01-2013, 03:50 PM
(28-01-2013 01:07 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  If you say it is a fact that the earth is millions of years old then you are lying. It an opinion of people that used certain criteria for believing it is that old. Just because they are scientists doesnt mean they are right. If you want to believe them then fine, but its still an opinion not a fact. I could talk forever but I'll stop here. You get my gist. We'll see how long it takes me to get banned. Love ya.
Another Young Earth Creationist? Where are these people coming from anyway? It appears to be a US phenomena for the most part. Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shocked I am just going to introduce myself and start things off light. Dru Denizen 17 557 13-01-2014 04:05 AM
Last Post: Dee
  Introduce Myself Nevillean 1 210 23-06-2013 07:56 AM
Last Post: morondog
  [split] Introduce Yourself HERE! Thinking Mom's Letter thinkingmom 8 587 10-06-2013 01:53 PM
Last Post: viocjit
  Derailed :D[split] Introduce Yourself HERE! hylonome 81 3,892 27-08-2012 12:14 AM
Last Post: Atothetheist
  Please allow me to introduce myself Caveman 12 723 29-03-2012 07:22 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Can I Introduce Myself Video3tech 24 1,718 27-03-2012 11:36 PM
Last Post: aurora
Big Grin Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce myself! justacityboy 24 2,607 26-05-2010 07:12 PM
Last Post: Unbeliever