Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
28-01-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(28-01-2013 01:07 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Hello, I'm a crochety old (70) Christian from the US. I just got banned from another forum for being mean. I'll probably get banned here. I've been banned form a lot of forums. So be it. I just tell it like it is. I dont like liars and people that think they are better than everyone else. Phoney eletists really get my dander up. I wont lie to you and hope you wont lie to me. My beliefs are just that, beliefs. I believe things about Christianity based on what I call facts but I dont expect you to believe them as facts. Likewise, I expect you to understand what you believe is just that, your belief, not fact. If you say it is a fact that the earth is millions of years old then you are lying. It an opinion of people that used certain criteria for believing it is that old. Just because they are scientists doesnt mean they are right. If you want to believe them then fine, but its still an opinion not a fact. I could talk forever but I'll stop here. You get my gist. We'll see how long it takes me to get banned. Love ya.

Elitist. I'm a real one, not a phony.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2013, 06:47 PM
You guys will think you scared me off and that's fine, it's unimportant what you think, but I am leaving. I had a little fun here but it got really boring. I thought there would be more of a challenge here. Thanks to the people that talked to me. I'm going to find another outlet for my spite. Take care and keep on keepin on. May God have mercy on your souls. Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
28-01-2013, 06:56 PM
(28-01-2013 06:47 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  You guys will think you scared me off and that's fine, it's unimportant what you think, but I am leaving. I had a little fun here but it got really boring. I thought there would be more of a challenge here. Thanks to the people that talked to me. I'm going to find another outlet for my spite. Take care and keep on keepin on. May God have mercy on your souls. Evil_monster
Nope. KC asked him to back up his prophesy crap. He was clueless. No loss.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
28-01-2013, 07:07 PM

My name's Auger, a third genration iclandic guy 14 y/o. Open atheist in my preist run private school. Whole familys catholic and tolerance in my area is at an all time low. But lifes good nonetheless!
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes That Icelandic's post
28-01-2013, 07:09 PM
(28-01-2013 01:07 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Hello, I'm a crochety old (70) Christian from the US. I just got banned from another forum for being mean. I'll probably get banned here. I've been banned form a lot of forums. So be it. I just tell it like it is.

Howdy crotchety old Christian. [Image: Tip-Hat.gif] You ain't gonna banned from here for being a crotchety old man. Anymore than you'll get banned for being a fucking vulgar hairless talking monkey who swears like a goddam motherfucking shit-eating sailor.

(28-01-2013 01:07 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Likewise, I expect you to understand what you believe is just that, your belief, not fact. If you say it is a fact that the earth is millions of years old then you are lying. It an opinion of people that used certain criteria for believing it is that old. Just because they are scientists doesnt mean they are right. If you want to believe them then fine, but its still an opinion not a fact.

There is a vast immeasurable and impassable sea of ignorance between an uninformed opinion based solely on a wish and a prayer and an educated best-guess based on rational theories with plausible mechanisms of action informed by the evidence as presented by our current ability and technology to measure. The former is for children, the latter for adults. Chronological age not withstanding. Tongue

(28-01-2013 06:47 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  You guys will think you scared me off and that's fine, it's unimportant what you think, but I am leaving. I had a little fun here but it got really boring. I thought there would be more of a challenge here. Thanks to the people that talked to me. I'm going to find another outlet for my spite. Take care and keep on keepin on. May God have mercy on your souls. Evil_monster

The fuck kinda bullshit drive by shit was that? ... I was just starting to have fun. Weeping

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-01-2013, 07:22 PM
(28-01-2013 06:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
Nope. KC asked him to back up his prophesy crap. He was clueless. No loss.

Here Bucky boy, give this to KC for me, I just stopped by to see what kind BS you would say after I left:
http://gracethrufaith.com/ikvot-hamashia...ttraction/
http://gracethrufaith.com/ikvot-hamashia...-damascus/
http://gracethrufaith.com/ikvot-hamashia...39-part-1/
28-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi All,
I'm a 40 something, proud father of two, freethinking daughters. We are originally from England but now live in beautiful British Columbia. My wife and I were of the opinion that we should teach our girls how to think and not what to think. In England they attended a C of E school and had to go to the church next to the school a couple of times a week. I think this was a good eye-opener for them as they are now, both strong atheists and are active in the local atheist group.

- Reason not superstition
- Ethics not dogma
- Respect not worship
- Courage not fear
- Fact not myth
- Morality not religion
- Clarity not delusion
- Good not god
- Skeptic not cynic
- Rationality not ideology
[+] 2 users Like MarkCanuck's post
28-01-2013, 11:34 PM
(28-01-2013 07:22 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 06:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. KC asked him to back up his prophesy crap. He was clueless. No loss.

Here Bucky boy, give this to KC for me, I just stopped by to see what kind BS you would say after I left:
http://gracethrufaith.com/ikvot-hamashia...ttraction/
http://gracethrufaith.com/ikvot-hamashia...-damascus/
http://gracethrufaith.com/ikvot-hamashia...39-part-1/
Oh, a bunch of links, how convincing Tongue
28-01-2013, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 12:04 AM by GirlyMan.)
(28-01-2013 08:58 PM)MarkCanuck Wrote:  Hi All,
I'm a 40 something, proud father of two, freethinking daughters. We are originally from England but now live in beautiful British Columbia. My wife and I were of the opinion that we should teach our girls how to think and not what to think. In England they attended a C of E school and had to go to the church next to the school a couple of times a week. I think this was a good eye-opener for them as they are now, both strong atheists and are active in the local atheist group.

Howdy howdy ho. [Image: Tip-Hat.gif]

In order for this admitted and open atheist to get married to a good Catholic girl in a Catholic Church in front of a Catholic priest more than 25 years ago now, I promised the Church I would not interfere with their Catholic upbringing. I kept my promise, I never told them what to think. How to think? Plenty of world famous logicians, mathematicians, philosophers, scientists, etc. are/were highly religious, Catholic even. Helping little fuckers how to think doesn't break my promise. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-01-2013, 02:14 AM
I'm Molli! I come from Arkansas, smack dab in the middle of the bible belt. That being said, I am a pretty new atheist. I'm hoping that by joining this I can gain some insight as to what I can tell my parents when that dreadful day comes that they find out I don't believe in the sky dad. I would absolutely adore some good conversation too, there are only two atheists that I know of in my town and I think we've pretty much talked all we can about it. Look forward to making new friends!