Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
29-01-2013, 06:02 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(29-01-2013 02:14 AM)illomhamby Wrote:  I'm Molli! I come from Arkansas, smack dab in the middle of the bible belt. That being said, I am a pretty new atheist. I'm hoping that by joining this I can gain some insight as to what I can tell my parents when that dreadful day comes that they find out I don't believe in the sky dad. I would absolutely adore some good conversation too, there are only two atheists that I know of in my town and I think we've pretty much talked all we can about it. Look forward to making new friends!
Welcome Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Hi,
I'm 16 y/m and from germany. I'm atheist and i hope on a good time here, interesting discussions and a bit practical english training Smile
So i would be very thankfully if you inform me about my grammatical/orthographical mistakes.
I excuse me now for all the mistakes and thank you for all your reply.
29-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Hello everyone, I visited this site some time ago but lost track of it. I'm glad I found it again because this is right in line as to what I believe. I stumbled upon your Youtube video's sometime ago which is where I first becamne aware of this site but had a computer melt down (overclocking) and was down for a while.

Hope to engage in meaningful with you all soon.

Science investigates, religion interprets.

I got my first like....[Image: weeping.gif] Thank you!
[+] 2 users Like Scientia's post
30-01-2013, 02:58 AM
Always enjoy a good Highlander reference! Welcome to the forums Scientia.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
30-01-2013, 04:24 AM
Hello

I'm a 23 years old atheist from Iraq
30-01-2013, 04:31 AM
(29-01-2013 11:18 PM)Scientia Wrote:  Hello everyone, I visited this site some time ago but lost track of it. I'm glad I found it again because this is right in line as to what I believe. I stumbled upon your Youtube video's sometime ago which is where I first becamne aware of this site but had a computer melt down (overclocking) and was down for a while.

Hope to engage in meaningful conversations with you all soon.

Science investigates, religion interprets.

I got my first like....[Image: weeping.gif] Thank you!
30-01-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm a Canadian, a lifelong skeptic, and a recently dec0nverted atheist. I have my own blog, "Really?!", which you can read at www.rmc5050.wordpress.com . It includes (or will include) everything from foglights, bad service, atheism and Solstice to the education system and teenagers.

Good to be here.
30-01-2013, 01:45 PM
(29-01-2013 03:48 PM)Feu Wrote:  Hi,
I'm 16 y/m and from germany. I'm atheist and i hope on a good time here, interesting discussions and a bit practical english training Smile
So i would be very thankfully if you inform me about my grammatical/orthographical mistakes.
I excuse me now for all the mistakes and thank you for all your reply.
So far, so good. Instead of "thankfully" you would say "thankful." I'm a teacher.
30-01-2013, 03:07 PM
(27-01-2013 05:04 PM)smidgen Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 04:43 PM)jenny88 Wrote:  Hi, I am new to this website and began to see the contradictions within religion, Christianity specifically, around the age of 9. I am lucky to live in the pacific northwest, as religion, or the lack thereof, is not quite the hot-button that it is in places such as the bible belt. I began labeling myself as an atheist about three years ago, in the face of family members being told that atheists do not exist and I could not be one. My sister has also began opening her eyes to reason recently, and identifies as an agnostic (she still believes in ghosts/spirits). Little has changed in my relationships to other family members, except religion is never brought up in conversations as a kind of silent agreement.

I am happy that communities such as this exist, and am excited to become part of it.

Thank you,

Jenny
Welcome. I'm still fairly new myself but I'm liking it very much here.

Thank you! I've been lurking around the page for a while, and I finally decided to join the community a little while ago.
30-01-2013, 05:15 PM
hello everyone at TTA, my name is ray gallagher, a 25 year old sound engineer from donegal, ireland.
i have a keen interest in science and am currently educating myself as a physicist. i was a member of my school and college debate team and as such have battled many times about many issues but i find that religion, the biggest of all issues and its supporters infuriatingly tedious to debate against because they stand there with their fingers in their ears and cannot by swayed by reason, logic or common sense...
im practically a life long atheist as even at a very young age i remember sitting in the pews of a roman catholic church and thinking to myself that this makes no sense to me at all...
i have been an avid follower of TTA podcast for a year or so now but am only getting around to making my presence felt on the forum now, and i hope to get to know many of you as our views will inevitably conflict at times but thats half the fun Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shocked I am just going to introduce myself and start things off light. Dru Denizen 17 570 13-01-2014 04:05 AM
Last Post: Dee
  Introduce Myself Nevillean 1 213 23-06-2013 07:56 AM
Last Post: morondog
  [split] Introduce Yourself HERE! Thinking Mom's Letter thinkingmom 8 601 10-06-2013 01:53 PM
Last Post: viocjit
  Derailed :D[split] Introduce Yourself HERE! hylonome 81 3,901 27-08-2012 12:14 AM
Last Post: Atothetheist
  Please allow me to introduce myself Caveman 12 724 29-03-2012 07:22 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Can I Introduce Myself Video3tech 24 1,730 27-03-2012 11:36 PM
Last Post: aurora
Big Grin Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce myself! justacityboy 24 2,612 26-05-2010 07:12 PM
Last Post: Unbeliever