Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
17-02-2013, 11:10 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello,
just saw your site while looking for info on the current Bigfoot DNA mess.
CM
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2013, 10:16 PM
I am a 37 years old electronic technician from Cincinnati, Ohio. I've been an atheist for about 4 years now and a big fan of Seth's work the entire time. For some goofy reason, I just never joined the forum, but here I am.
18-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Hi I'm old, bald, big gray beard, and crotchety. Watch out! ;-)

I liked this site because of the name. I like thinkers. I especially like thinkers who like their thinking challenged. I do. And I like to challenge, too, but not merely to knock things down (although that's a valid testing function!)

I'm a digger. I like to get underneath the foundations and see what holds them up. Most people I meet get nervous when I do this. This baffles me. We should all be doing it, to ourselves and to each other.

I'm especially interested in exploring some aspects of atheist thought that seem notoriously unexamined. Bertrand Russell's 1959 BBC interview is a great example. After considering "Christian dogmas" and having "discarded the last of them" at 18, he decided that there was no reason to believe in a god.

Really Bertrand? You ruled out a possible reality by discarding human fabrications? That's beneath a great logician like you.

Atheists seem more interested in being a-believerists than a-deists. Am I right?
18-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Holy of holies! So many new members.
Can't turn your back for a second.

Hello to...

littleHEATHEN
skepticismandsprinkles
bmanMA
marstanman
timclev
ThinkingSapien
Jixir
Andy S
jessgreen
clybrad
jason
Amorfus
KiloEggplant
Atheris
ericmdale
Adam B
CoastalMike
g24cjm
millardetc.

I noticed that a few of you had specific questions.

It's best to start a new thread for these. Things get a bit lost in this one.

Welcome aboard the board.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-02-2013, 05:27 AM
Hi everybody, I'm 20 years-old , have been a chathlic since im born but always knew that the religion talks crap.
I live in Germany in a little town (around 30,000 ppl) and started to listen to the podcast like a few weeks ago. Ever since then i started to search a groupe that is like this groupe, but didnt find one in germany, so I ended up here Smile. (My english is not the best but I hope after a year in the USA all you guys are able to understand me).
I start studying physics in about 2 months in the University of Mainz , therefore I'm pretty excited what comes next in my life. I hope this forum will lead to some interresting discusions and two a few more contacts. I wanna end this introductin with one of my fav. quots -Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic- which is the third Clarke's law Big Grin

Raise the doubt and don't be shy to ask questions. There are no stupid questions Thumbsup
19-02-2013, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2013 10:53 AM by Vosur.)
(19-02-2013 05:27 AM)Tamril Wrote:  Hi everybody, I'm 20 years-old , have been a chathlic since im born but always knew that the religion talks crap.
I live in Germany in a little town (around 30,000 ppl) and started to listen to the podcast like a few weeks ago. Ever since then i started to search a groupe that is like this groupe, but didnt find one in germany, so I ended up here Smile. (My english is not the best but I hope after a year in the USA all you guys are able to understand me).
I start studying physics in about 2 months in the University of Mainz , therefore I'm pretty excited what comes next in my life. I hope this forum will lead to some interresting discusions and two a few more contacts. I wanna end this introductin with one of my fav. quots -Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic- which is the third Clarke's law Big Grin
Welcome to our forum.

I'm also from Germany, I live in a small town that is nearby Kassel. In my opinion, we don't really need groups like this one here because religion is generally a private matter and because there aren't many fundamentalists and Creationists to begin with.

Your English is pretty good, by the way. Thumbsup

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
20-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Hello,

I'm a Foreigner wherever I am. I don't believe and I'm quite alright with not knowing it all.

There is two things I cant disclose about myself openly even tho they pose no harm to anyone.

1- non believer
2- non monogamous

I Heart Qualia Soup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Weeeeee_Zard's post
20-02-2013, 01:50 AM
im ADAM
I am Adam I have always questioned religion even in Sunday school when my mom drug me along there. my Sunday school teachers used to get frustrated with me an a child because I always asked to many questions but questions are good and I will continue to contribute questions on this forum regarding the existence of a god
20-02-2013, 07:28 AM
RE: im ADAM
(20-02-2013 01:50 AM)Adam B. Wrote:  I am Adam I have always questioned religion even in Sunday school when my mom drug me along there. my Sunday school teachers used to get frustrated with me an a child because I always asked to many questions but questions are good and I will continue to contribute questions on this forum regarding the existence of a god
And then there was that one time when a girl called Eve came along and told you to eat of something that your parents called "the forbidden fruit". Boy were your superiors pissed when that happened. Wink

Welcome aboard.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
20-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Hello people. I am a 58 yr old heathen. I was a witnessing, tougue-talking pentcostal for years. 10 yrs ago I started having serious doubts about my own experiences and the bible in general. 6-7 yrs ago I finally admitted to myself that I didn't believe in God anymore. I'm here for support and to offer whatever advice I can to others in their walk through life without God.