Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
27-07-2013, 01:06 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi! I'm a long-time atheist who tried to believe to fit in but finally couldn't live the lie. It caused a bit of a rift I can tell youDrinking Beverage

Anyway, I've been a TTA follower for a long while, I think a couple of years anyway (I even have the old-style mug!) and decided to finally join this forum where I've been lurking but not participating.

Hello everyone!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yellowwoodstraveler's post
27-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Name's Elliot. I'm a fifteen-year-old middle school student from England. I've been an atheist since I was three, and I'm vocal about it. That's all there is to say, really.
27-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Hello, i'm knowlegelover. I became an atheist as a result of years of reseacrh and intense scrutiny of my religion. Glad to be here.

"I'm an agnostic atheist looking not to FIND the meaningful purpose of life but to MAKE life's purpose meaningful."

"I love science, logic, and reason. And thus an atheist was born."
28-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Hi, I'm a 22 year old male from Texas.
I have 18 hours left until I receive my bachelors in Microbiology!
I've been athiest for about 6 months. I haven't really had anybody to talk to about this, so I thought I might be able to find some support here.
28-07-2013, 05:35 PM
My name is Jeremy. I've been an atheist for two years. I don't mind talking about it, but only if someone else brings up the topic first. For that reason, most of the religious around me tend to avoid religious topics when I am in earshot. So I decided to give the forum a try.
29-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Tikbalang here, from Philippines. Nice to be here in TTA forums.
[+] 2 users Like Tikbalang's post
29-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Hello fellow atheists. I'm a former believer, really deep into a fundamentalist religion (born into it). It took me about 40 years to get the hooks out and quit religion.

I was very active in the yahoo "exit-fundyism" forum. As I healed, I needed it less and just got on with living my life. Recently I returned to exit-fundyism and found that it is almost inactive - a pity because it was very helpful.

So I'm hope to become active here and make some new connections.

Thanks,
Lee in Oklahoma
[+] 1 user Likes Lee Mc's post
29-07-2013, 07:38 PM
(29-07-2013 12:04 PM)Tikbalang Wrote:  Tikbalang here, from Philippines. Nice to be here in TTA forums.

Welcome kababayan! Hope you enjoy it here. I know I do. Smile

Nice nickname. Can you find an avatar for that? Smile

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
29-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Hello there, I'm a 16-year old guy from Malaysia Smile I'm not atheist, but I'm a free-thinker. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE :B

No, you don't have to agree with me on everything. You can argue all you want, since I welcome all viewpoints. Come! Come! Let's have a well-reasoned banter.
30-07-2013, 12:35 AM
(29-07-2013 11:42 PM)ilgrigiogrey Wrote:  Hello there, I'm a 16-year old guy from Malaysia Smile I'm not atheist, but I'm a free-thinker. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE :B

Wait, does this mean you are a believer, a religious person? Well then, you need to check out the meaning of the word "oxymoron".

Tongue

Welcome, glad to have you here, we shall test that "free-thinking" of yours, don't you worry.

Thumbsup

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson