Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
19-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Rainbow RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
My name is Brooklin, and I am friends with Ferdinand. (amber) :3

All I do is eat and play video games. Thumbsup I'm pretty laid back and I hate everything. Tongue

oh and i dont believe in god. my god is michelle chamuel. Heart

[Image: 2rnh7ra.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2013, 07:34 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(19-09-2013 07:33 PM)pizzaqueen Wrote:  My name is Brooklin, and I am friends with Ferdinand. (amber) :3

All I do is eat and play video games. Thumbsup I'm pretty laid back and I hate everything. Tongue

So this is the infamous Brooklin. Consider

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
19-09-2013, 07:35 PM
(19-09-2013 07:33 PM)pizzaqueen Wrote:  My name is Brooklin, and I am friends with Ferdinand. (amber) :3

Aw, my pizzababy. Heart Shy Hug

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
19-09-2013, 07:42 PM
It's a conspiracy, Ferdinand is introducing all her friends on the board so that she can spread a highly infectious strain of mutant cyber-aids! I'm on to you Ferdie!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
19-09-2013, 07:44 PM
(19-09-2013 07:42 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  It's a conspiracy, Ferdinand is introducing all her friends on the board so that she can spread a highly infectious strain of mutant cyber-aids! I'm on to you Ferdie!

God dammit. I was so sure it wasn't obvious... Undecided

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
19-09-2013, 07:44 PM
(19-09-2013 07:42 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  It's a conspiracy, Ferdinand is introducing all her friends on the board so that she can spread a highly infectious strain of mutant cyber-aids! I'm on to you Ferdie!

I guess you're worried about the cyber-aids combining with your radio-active mutant crabs and making your dick turn to green mulch?

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
19-09-2013, 07:46 PM
(19-09-2013 07:44 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

I guess you're worried about the cyber-aids combining with your radio-active mutant crabs and making your dick turn to green mulch?

Well he already sits to pee so...

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-09-2013, 07:48 PM
(19-09-2013 07:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well he already sits to pee so...

Ewww, you mean it fell off already? I guess there's three inches less of TS now. Shocking

So it does touch the water in the toilet bowl, just only once it's fallen off altogether. Big Grin

Best
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
19-09-2013, 10:27 PM
(19-09-2013 12:07 AM)Wojnicz Wrote:  Hi,
I haven't really lost my faith because I never really had any, not for lack of trying. I was raised in the Baptist Church from the age of 4 or 5 until I left when I was 14. Now that I'm older I realize it was more or less a way for my parents to get some "alone time", if you know what I mean, then any real attempt at keeping their children in "The Church" all though they thought it good that we knew something of the "faith". They didn't take anytime in choosing a church but sent me and my younger sister to the first people who said they would send a bus to pick us up. Mom was raised between two faiths growing up and so was my Dad. Mom Foot Washing Snake Handling Southern Baptist and Pentecostal, her mothers side is the Pentecostals in-which my granny stopped adhering to after moving to Cleveland from West Virginia in 1956 and pa stop going after coming home from WWII. Dad was a little different being that he is the first person in my family to born here in the USA on his side of the family he and his brother were raised Russian Orthodox and his sisters were raised Polish Catholic.

Now that I have your eyes bugged out I always felt like I was being lied to when it came to The Church. None of what they said made any sense to me and I couldn't figure out why. I went down to the alter got down on my knees and asked for Christ to "come into my life, reside my heart and fill me with the Light and Love and all encompassing power and glory that is our almighty God amen" for the first time when I was 7. The whole time freaking out because I knew, I mean I just KNEW they knew I was faking it. Scared me to death, I was so nervous I would have said what ever they wanted me to. I was 8 the next time, at a Jimmy Swaggert revival, and a little more calm about it because I knew what was expected of me. At 9 I went down and finally knew what I was asking for. By 10 I was honestly a born again, except for the fact I have NEVER been baptized, Christian. I ran around calling everything in "creation" the work of the devil, right up until the leaders of my youth group came to my house when I was 12 or 13. Now my Dad being raised as he was still to this day has Orthodox icons hanging in the living room, and they were hanging then too. At the time I collected iconography, not to pray to but because I thought it looked cool. After I assured them I didn't pray to the art I told them that my Dad is Orthodox and that's the why of the icons down in the living room, they told me he was going to hell (not even two weeks later they "lost count" and left me stranded at a venue during an outing). That's when it started; not the doubt because that had always been there (fake it till you make it - right?), but the questioning. I started to really see that there were a lot of differing beliefs out there in the big wide world and I didn't want to be worshiping the wrong "God". Starting "the search" I flirted with a number of other Christian faiths but it was all the same Censored just different wrapping. Then I started learning Pagan and Wicca but I could convince myself that rosemary, olive oil and salt were good for anything other than soup. I went to a Buddhist meditation class once and got a great oxygen over load that gave me a wicked head rush for about four hours but that was about it. I was 19 by this point, tired of trying to "find God" and gave up.

I didn't call myself an Atheist (because I didn't know what that meant) at that point in my life but I stopped listening to all the BS and stopped celebrating the "Holidays". Now at 36 I call myself a Secular Agnostic, and I recognize the only reason that I refer to myself this way is because I don't have all the academic knowledge and research needed to say Atheist. I'm hoping to get there by 40 Smartass

You wouldn't happen to be from Louisiana, would you?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
20-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Bug RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi
my name is Paulo, I'm 31 and I'm from Portugal.
I was one of the very lucky children who had very lazy christian parents (by lazy I mean they only went to church only once or twice a year).
My father has unwillingly put me on this track because he had more books then his very short freetime allowed him to read so I discovered the Big Bang theory and the Evolution by Natural Selection long before it was ever talked about in school and my first reaction was "so that's how it must have happened".He also made me watch the BBc programs that used to show after the weekend cartoons, so in a couple of programs I became addicted in BBC and Ntional Geographic shows - knowledge can be more addicting to a child than sugar Smartass
Following on the TTA podcast #126 I'm now hearing, the atheist who changed my world was Bill Maher, the first atheist comedian I ever heard.
"ridendo castigat mores" (through laughter one criticizes habits - this is the best I can do, for it doesn't appear in the english page of latin proverbs in wikipedia).From Maher I accessed George Carlin, then Hitchens, Dawkins, Sam Harris, Daniel Dennett, The Atheist Experience, Lawrence Krauss, The Thinking Atheist, Aron Ra and many others on the youtube.
I trust in science, reasoning and the will of people to do good.

Keep up the extraordinary work people