Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
02-12-2013, 04:02 PM
Smile RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello guys (and girls)! my name is Wes and I'm new to the forums. I am a skeptic and an atheist. I live in a mostly secular household even though my parents believe in a "god" just not the biblical one from what I can gather. So i have it good. Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2013, 04:21 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello everyone,

I'm a 28 yo man living in Belgium (don't know where it is? well...), working as an IT, former math teacher, former engineer. I'll be happy to help if someone need it in math or physics. I'm an atheist since i was 14 but i didn't pay much attention to the subject before finding out that beliefs can be harmfull, but now it's one of my favorite topic. I'm not yet a good english speaker, but i'm working on it, feel free to correct me, it will be much appreciated. Besides that i like a lot of things including learning stuff, partying, rock music, sports, cosmology, people and much more.
02-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Hello All,
I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I was raised in a Southern Baptist church and for many years I have been questioning the Bible and all it teaches. I am often looked down upon by my family and friends and seen as a backslidden sinner who will burn in hell. I have spent many years searching for a "place" to call home. I've studied Buddhism, Hinduism, and many other religions trying to find a place of comfort and have only to find more questions.
I am honored to be a member of this forum and look forward to learning more from you all.

closetedinsavannah
02-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Welcome!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
02-12-2013, 09:03 PM
(02-12-2013 08:00 PM)closetedinsavannah Wrote:  Hello All,
I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I was raised in a Southern Baptist church and for many years I have been questioning the Bible and all it teaches. I am often looked down upon by my family and friends and seen as a backslidden sinner who will burn in hell. I have spent many years searching for a "place" to call home. I've studied Buddhism, Hinduism, and many other religions trying to find a place of comfort and have only to find more questions.
I am honored to be a member of this forum and look forward to learning more from you all.

closetedinsavannah

Welcome. But you might want to hold off on 'honored' until you get to know what we're actually like. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Hey Folks
Names, Jim, and I'm a Canadian. I've been watching many atheist videos on youtube, and after seeing how much the atheist in America are suffering, I thought this would be a good place to find a role where I could help these people. I also wanted help to figure out what USA can be so fundamental, while us in the north aren't.
02-12-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm an atheist that isn't officially "out". This is a really big step for me Smile I am currently learning how to draw, and I plan on getting work within some sort of artistic field. I love history, civics, language, art,and music. I am so glad to have finally signed up!
[+] 1 user Likes thedudette's post
03-12-2013, 03:27 AM
Yo, i'm Even's bestfriend (ELK12695). I also a drummer SmileSmileSmile
03-12-2013, 03:45 AM
Hello new ppl. So rgp95 head banger like ELK ?

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
03-12-2013, 04:26 AM
Hello Everyone,
My name is Zach. I'm twenty five and I live in Cincinnati. I'm currently half way out of the closet. I was born into a southern baptist family and spent the majority of my life in church whenever the doors were open. I let Jesus come inside me when I was 6 or 7 knelt over my mothers bed. I believed the bible true until a couple years ago when I finally realized it was all bull shit and I was an atheist. I supposed I questioned my beliefs from an early age, I was just too afraid to voice them as hell was drilled into my brain from the time I was an infant. Once I went to college and got out from under the brainwashing of my family I realized it was okay to question and hell was a myth. I just can't fully come out of the closet yet as my family is extremely religious. (My grandfather is a baptist preacher) I have no issues telling co workers and friends, I just have a hard time imagining the pain I will put my family in if I tell them I'm a non-believer.