Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
25-04-2014, 03:11 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(25-04-2014 11:49 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 11:15 AM)Robert Sparks Wrote:  Hello all. My name is Robert and I'm a former atheist and now a Christian creationist.
I'm not here to make atheists wrong. I'm here to add a different voice to the conversation.

I wish you good luck.

[Image: seals-russian-river-jenner-ca-2.jpg]

Thanks Freethinker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2014, 03:32 PM
(25-04-2014 11:15 AM)Robert Sparks Wrote:  Hello all. My name is Robert and I'm a former atheist and now a Christian creationist.
I'm not here to make atheists wrong. I'm here to add a different voice to the conversation.

Can I call you sparkles?

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
25-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Hola!

I'm glad I have a chance to join a community of like minded thinkers. I've recently completely rejected religion after being somewhat involved in a baptist church for a few years. My wife and I were believers but I never really felt I fit in being a skeptical person at heart.

Thankfully she came to the same conclusion I did when I came to realize that I didn't believe in god anymore.

-r_d
25-04-2014, 04:56 PM
(25-04-2014 03:32 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  

Can I call you sparkles?

I've been called every variation of Sparks my entire life and I liked and responded to them all. Of course you can call me sparkles.
25-04-2014, 04:58 PM
(25-04-2014 04:56 PM)Robert Sparks Wrote:  
(25-04-2014 03:32 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Can I call you sparkles?

I've been called every variation of Sparks my entire life and I liked and responded to them all. Of course you can call me sparkles.

Just made my day! Thank you Sparkles! Big Grin (i dont mean that in a mean way I promise. I'm just weird)

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
25-04-2014, 05:04 PM
I live in Louisiana, down south, not those northern parishes. I like to go on internet forums and talk to people about current events, but also the heavier stuff like religion and politics, if you would like to talk about such a thing. I like coffee. In fact I'm drinking some right now. I'm a man, lol almost forgot to make that clear.
[+] 1 user Likes An_Theist's post
27-04-2014, 10:27 AM
OK, here I am in what looks like a thoroughly engaging forum with a bunch of smartypants. 58, male, and live in an old fishing town in the bluest of blue states. Lifelong atheist with detours into Buddhism and Alcoholics Anonymous. My parents half-heartedly took me and my siblings to a Unitarian church for a couple of years, then cut us loose to find our own paths. They warned us about organized religion, the opium of the masses, pretending to know what you don't know, etc. Went to a Quaker school in NH for my senior year of high school. I guess you could say I used to be a BuddhaQuakeAtarian as well as a hippie.

Basically self-taught, voraciously curious and exploratory. Traveled and lived in many locales. Had several varied careers, the most vivid one being a private investigator. A loner who also likes people and can hold my own in all kinds of company. Internal locus of control, no gods or goddesses, rejector of dogmas great and small. Open to discussion on almost any topic except abortion. Like to laugh at absurdities and enjoy being a grain of sand in the cosmos.

I should fit in here just fine, right?

When you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer. Superstition ain't the way. - Stevie Wonder
27-04-2014, 10:38 AM
(27-04-2014 10:27 AM)d0gg0d Wrote:  ...
I should fit in here just fine, right?

As much as any of us do in this mixed up world.

Welcome aboard.

Smile

27-04-2014, 01:10 PM
(27-04-2014 10:27 AM)d0gg0d Wrote:  I should fit in here just fine, right?
^ That's what he said.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-04-2014, 07:02 PM
(25-04-2014 05:04 PM)An_Theist Wrote:  I live in Louisiana, down south, not those northern parishes. I like to go on internet forums and talk to people about current events, but also the heavier stuff like religion and politics, if you would like to talk about such a thing. I like coffee. In fact I'm drinking some right now. I'm a man, lol almost forgot to make that clear.

How far south?