Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
30-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hey

I was looking for a place to introduce myself, and realized that there was no "one thread" for members to do so. I thought I would start one.

I'm Paul. I am a 31 y/o male stationed with the Army in South Korea. I have been an Atheist all my life, I was raised as one. I run a small blog and I am getting ready to leave the Army.

I am an open atheist, there's no hiding for me, I tell other people about Atheism and why I choose to be one. But I try very hard not to be pushy about it.

Anyone else?
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 46 users Like Soldieringon's post
30-08-2010, 10:44 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I'm a fat guy from from England who draws dolphins and plans to marry one (*epic face* xD)

I also plan to put in so many threads that people will start thinking this forum is 4 times bigger Big Grin

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Cetaceaphile's post
31-08-2010, 05:38 AM
I am a college student in the United States. Also, I ahve been an atheist since the early part of this year. Another thing is that I am fairly open about being an atheist.
[+] 6 users Like omega21's post
31-08-2010, 06:12 AM

Quote:I also plan to put in so many threads that people will start thinking this forum is 4 times bigger
Quality > quantity.
[+] 3 users Like Thoradin's post
31-08-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm an eighteen-year-old American college student, currently working towards a double-major Master's in Computer Science and Computer Engineering. I am also, as you may have guessed, a gamer geek.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Unbeliever's post
31-08-2010, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2010 06:22 PM by ebilekittae.)
I'm a nineteen-year-old (twenty in less than two weeks) American student that's currently studying abroad in Japan. I plan on pursuing a Ph.D in Linguistic Morphology. I love playing music, especially the drums, and would love to get into a professional band at some point in my life. =P I tend to get into something (usually a video game universe) with all of my being, then bore of it a few weeks later and move onto something else.

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like ebilekittae's post
31-08-2010, 02:31 PM

I'm an ancient curmudgeon, an unbeliever in monotheistic deities since my earliest days, and a semi-retired atmospheric scientist. Recently, I've become more agressively atheist because I'm concerned for the survival of the species - when monotheists have control over modern weapons of mass destruction and the will to use them to further their belief systems. Monotheists are prone to intolerance, xenophobia, homophobia, misogyny, brutality, and violence. Barbaric religions are no longer acceptable in a world on the brink of worldwide religious wars.
[+] 32 users Like 2buckchuck's post
31-08-2010, 02:59 PM
My name is Sam, I'm a twenty-year-old university student entering my third year. I'm pursuing an Honours Degree in English, which I am going to continue with a Masters, and eventually a PhD in some area of poetry.
I love school, and I love learning. I want to devote my life to being a university professor and give students the critical thinking skills that our poor education system has failed to give to most of them. I also plan on learning as much as I possibly can about poetry and literature within my lifetime.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
[+] 7 users Like SecularStudent's post
31-08-2010, 07:29 PM

I am a thirty-seven year old employee of the New York Police Department. My username is a fusion of the words "web log" and "Logopolis", one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes.

I also can be found under the same name at RichardDawkins.net and rationalskepticism.org . Love the videos! I hope to see more!

I am also an amateur humorist. I am currently percolating a few ideas for your amusement. Hope you like a good blasphemous laugh!
[+] 11 users Like Blogopolis's post
01-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Im a relatively young finnish scientific sceptic and atheist. Thats aboot everything.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
[+] 3 users Like Kikko's post