Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
02-09-2010, 01:38 AM

RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
hello!

I'm a 21 year old Panamanian, animation student, i like to draw, to take pictures, and i love philosophy. I also love to watch good movies.

I'm an atheist because I'm a thinker!
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FlashbackThunder's post
02-09-2010, 03:30 AM

To all of you, welcome!

whether you have been here a while, or are new here (like myself), I hope that you stick around and make our community grow.
[+] 1 user Likes Soldieringon's post
02-09-2010, 03:38 PM

I'm a forty something ERP implementer with a degree in Russian and comparative lit and a passion for photography.
[+] 1 user Likes dtwpuck's post
03-09-2010, 01:52 PM

Hello all,
I'm an almost 26 year old stay at home dad living in Nebraska. I'm working on getting an Associates degree in Applied Science, then hopefully moving on to a Bachelorate. I love music, playing guitar, and watching tv and movies. I've just recently taken up reading books as a way to pass the time. I'm fairly open about my Atheism, and anyone that tries to convert me always leaves disappointed that I poked holes in all their theories and beliefs.
[+] 1 user Likes xxxsaltyxxx's post
03-09-2010, 02:04 PM
(03-09-2010 01:52 PM)xxxsaltyxxx Wrote:  Hello all,
I'm an almost 26 year old stay at home dad living in Nebraska. I'm working on getting an Associates degree in Applied Science, then hopefully moving on to a Bachelorate. I love music, playing guitar, and watching tv and movies. I've just recently taken up reading books as a way to pass the time. I'm fairly open about my Atheism, and anyone that tries to convert me always leaves disappointed that I poked holes in all their theories and beliefs.

Hey, I remember you! Where have you been?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Hello. I having been an FB fan of the THinking Atheist for a while. I guess I am more agnostic than atheist. I have studied almost all of the majour theist religions, and have been involved in a couple. I was also a pagan for a while. Then I came to the conclusion that I was wasn't really comfortable believing in anything in particular. It's just not necessary, plus, the scientific side of me has to have empirical proof of anything and everything.
I live in the "Buckle of the Bible Belt" where there is a church on every corner. Fortunately I don't actually interact with many people outside my work (I have been a tattoo artist/shop owner for over 20 years), so that limits my possible confrontations with theists.
I am looking forward to hearing what others have to say on this forum.
[+] 1 user Likes catdance62's post
03-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Hey! Welcome! =D I'm sure you'll love it here!

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2010, 07:50 PM
I joined this form and started posting without a real introdiction. I am a musician, who is earning most of my income teaching guitar. I have traved with bands and played six nighta a week in bars (taverns). I have also driven taxi and handi-capped vehicles (specialty transport for handi-capped people), worked as stage crew and a few other things. The taxi and playing in bars has given me a look at humanity (or lack there of) in a way most north americans would see. I missed getting into MENSA by just a few points. They even appologized to me and said we have to draw a line and stay with it. I live in western Canada.
My avatar is not of me, but an alien that comes from the planet Zswggth who cmes to jam with me occassionally. My girlfriend says I look better than him.
No J. is a discription of my stance on a certain figure that gets discussed here faitly often.

P.S. I hope no one took the alien bit seriously.
[+] 1 user Likes No J.'s post
03-09-2010, 08:02 PM

Hello everyone, I'm a 24 yr old, heavily tattooed atheist who (literally) wears my atheism on my sleeve. My journey to atheism isn't really all that interesting. I was raised in a christian household, never really believed, but went with the flow. The more and more I rationally looked at the world around me, the bigger problem I had with religion, and the more vocal I became about it.
[+] 1 user Likes inkracer's post
03-09-2010, 08:06 PM
@No J.
Ah, I always wondered who that alien was! Tell him "hi" for me!
Tongue
I know we've already spoken, but welcome [officially]! Tongue

@inkracer
Hey, welcome to The Thinking Atheist Forums! Glad to have you with us! Big Grin

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shocked I am just going to introduce myself and start things off light. Dru Denizen 17 557 13-01-2014 04:05 AM
Last Post: Dee
  Introduce Myself Nevillean 1 209 23-06-2013 07:56 AM
Last Post: morondog
  [split] Introduce Yourself HERE! Thinking Mom's Letter thinkingmom 8 587 10-06-2013 01:53 PM
Last Post: viocjit
  Derailed :D[split] Introduce Yourself HERE! hylonome 81 3,892 27-08-2012 12:14 AM
Last Post: Atothetheist
  Please allow me to introduce myself Caveman 12 723 29-03-2012 07:22 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Can I Introduce Myself Video3tech 24 1,718 27-03-2012 11:36 PM
Last Post: aurora
Big Grin Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce myself! justacityboy 24 2,605 26-05-2010 07:12 PM
Last Post: Unbeliever