Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
04-09-2010, 09:40 PM

RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hey all. I'm a 20 year old college student pursing a Bachelors in Political Science and eventually, a Masters in Public Policy and Administration. I enjoy camping and have done so in 28 states and 5 Canadian Provinces. In addition, I work part time at a small law firm.
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Welcome to TTAF! =D

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2010, 02:02 PM

Hi! I am a mother of 3 living in the Texas bible belt but born and raised in OC, CA. I work from home in the computer industry. Since I work from home, raise my kids and don't attend church, lol, I haven't met many people here in the bible belt and feel isolated because of my beliefs. I've never been part of a forum online before so I am hoping to find a community of like minded, intelligent people here. Peace!
(03-09-2010 07:25 PM)catdance62 Wrote:  Fortunately I don't actually interact with many people outside my work (I have been a tattoo artist/shop owner for over 20 years), so that limits my possible confrontations with theists.
My husband owns a tattoo shop here in the bible belt also and most of his clients are theists. He's even managed to "deconvert" several of them.
[+] 1 user Likes Sunshine's post
06-09-2010, 03:48 PM
(06-09-2010 02:02 PM)Sunshine Wrote:  My husband owns a tattoo shop here in the bible belt also and most of his clients are theists. He's even managed to "deconvert" several of them.

If a christian gets a tattoo it is a sin because cuttings and markings of the flesh are not allowed. This piece of information may be helpful in increasing his persuasion power. I don't know what other religions say about it.
Welcome to the form Sunshine.
Find all posts by this user
06-09-2010, 07:29 PM

(06-09-2010 03:48 PM)No J. Wrote:  If a christian gets a tattoo it is a sin because cuttings and markings of the flesh are not allowed.
Hi and thx for the welcome! Yes, I know. He says he laughs inside when he tattoos a cross or Jesus, whatever, on someone. When he has mentioned it they always have some excuse or justification.
06-09-2010, 08:00 PM

I'm Jessica, a 31-year-old undercover atheist. I'm way too chicken to tell anyone I'm actually an atheist since my entire social network (and I do mean entire) is made up of conservative christians. I grew up in a very conservative home, went to a christian college, got a B.A. in Music and minored in Bible.

I make my living as a professional pianist/keyboard player and studio teacher.
[+] 2 users Like athnostic's post
06-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Quote:I make my living as a professional pianist/keyboard player and studio teacher.

That is awesome. I wish I had the talent to do that. As it is, I play a mean radio, but that's about it. I'm officially very jealous.

Is your avatar you?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
06-09-2010, 08:05 PM
A late welcome to you! =D

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-09-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:That is awesome. I wish I had the talent to do that. As it is, I play a mean radio, but that's about it. I'm officially very jealous.

Is your avatar you?

Everyone has the talent to make music! Usually people just lack opportunity. It's never too late to start.

The avatar is my very cute older sister. Just kiddin', it's me.
07-09-2010, 06:18 AM
I appreciate the confidence but I'm pretty sure my problem isn't just "lack of opportunity".

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shocked I am just going to introduce myself and start things off light. Dru Denizen 17 571 13-01-2014 04:05 AM
Last Post: Dee
  Introduce Myself Nevillean 1 213 23-06-2013 07:56 AM
Last Post: morondog
  [split] Introduce Yourself HERE! Thinking Mom's Letter thinkingmom 8 601 10-06-2013 01:53 PM
Last Post: viocjit
  Derailed :D[split] Introduce Yourself HERE! hylonome 81 3,901 27-08-2012 12:14 AM
Last Post: Atothetheist
  Please allow me to introduce myself Caveman 12 724 29-03-2012 07:22 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Can I Introduce Myself Video3tech 24 1,730 27-03-2012 11:36 PM
Last Post: aurora
Big Grin Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce myself! justacityboy 24 2,612 26-05-2010 07:12 PM
Last Post: Unbeliever