RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hey Clayton! Glad to see you here.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2010, 01:20 AM
(18-09-2010 07:51 PM)jamaicansumo Wrote:  Hello I am a 17 year old Jamaican kid that used to hate god but recently realized he most likely does not exist and decided to stop fighting with an imaginary friend

Good choice. Now you will have more energy to enjoy life with.
Find all posts by this user
19-09-2010, 11:12 AM

(30-08-2010 09:46 PM)Soldieringon Wrote:  Hey

I was looking for a place to introduce myself, and realized that there was no "one thread" for members to do so. I thought I would start one.

I'm Paul. I am a 31 y/o male stationed with the Army in South Korea. I have been an Atheist all my life, I was raised as one. I run a small blog and I am getting ready to leave the Army.

I am an open atheist, there's no hiding for me, I tell other people about Atheism and why I choose to be one. But I try very hard not to be pushy about it.

Anyone else?

Hi I'm a 46 year old Irish father of two kids living in holland. Became an athiest when I was 14, my older brother was reading from a paperback called "God drives a flying saucer" with some wierd passages from the bible, so I said the bible does'nt have that rubbish in it, and picked up the bible to prove him wrong - and wham!- being an atheist ever since
Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2010, 05:37 PM

Hi, I am a 43 year old wife and mother of a 15 year old daughter and 10 year old son.
I live in a suburb of Columbus, Ohio and work as a respiratory therapist.

I was raised in a catholic family in Cleveland but my Dad has always been very interested in science and encouraged it in me. I didn't even realize there were people who chose not to believe in evolution until I was an adult! We weren't super religious and by the time I was in my late teens I realized I disagreed with most of what the catholic church said and I really haven't been back. I called myself a lapsed catholic and I considered it more a part of my heritage than a personal belief.
I married a man who was basically raised without religion and we've been non-religious ever since.
The funny thing is it wasn't until earlier this year that I really started thinking about the whole "god" thing and realized I was indeed an atheist. Even in my non-religious life there was sort of a stigma attached to that moniker. I bet there are a lot more people out there who are still like I was. The religions have done a good job making atheism a distasteful word.
But the reality is so much better than the delusions they push on everyone.

So I'm glad to be here and I hope I can contribute something useful to this forum,
Ursula
20-09-2010, 04:56 AM
I guess I'll repost my introduction here:

Quote:Hey, my name is Jack. I'm 15 and from Long Island in New York. I've been an atheist for two years. I can't say my family has been against it, nor have they been supportive, just baffled, I guess. It's something that's a big part of me, and being an atheist is also something I'm immensely proud of. I feel so much happier since coming out as an atheist, especially since God never crossed my mind even when I was a Jew. I didn't question His existence, I just didn't care.

I'm also a huge video game and movie geek. I listen to all types of music, and I'm an approachable and friendly person who doesn't like to shove his ideals down people's throats.
[+] 1 user Likes jkshrout's post
20-09-2010, 12:49 PM

Hi, My name is Natasha. I'm 27 years old and I'm from Houston , TX. I am an assistant organizer for the Houston Atheist Meetup. I have been an atheist most of my life but I did start becomming really out spoken about a few years about due to my ex-husband's family trying to push their views down my throat.... you know like most theist do when they find out you're an atheist! The atheist meetup really helped me come out of the closet to everyone. Despite my family not taking my comming out too well (understatement) I feel like a weight has been lifted. I might be 27 but I'm still a kid inside :-P I love video games, anime, manga, reading and ect. for any body who uses xboxlive my gammer tag is FragYourDeity
20-09-2010, 03:06 PM
(20-09-2010 12:49 PM)Natasha B Wrote:  Hi, My name is Natasha. I'm 27 years old and I'm from Houston , TX. I am an assistant organizer for the Houston Atheist Meetup. I have been an atheist most of my life but I did start becomming really out spoken about a few years about due to my ex-husband's family trying to push their views down my throat.... you know like most theist do when they find out you're an atheist! The atheist meetup really helped me come out of the closet to everyone. Despite my family not taking my comming out too well (understatement) I feel like a weight has been lifted. I might be 27 but I'm still a kid inside :-P I love video games, anime, manga, reading and ect. for any body who uses xboxlive my gammer tag is FragYourDeity
Nice to meet you, and I LOVE your Gamertag. I'm angry at you for thinking of it before me. I'll add you. I'm "teh j00theist" (kind of like Jewtheist a.k.a. Jew turned atheist).
20-09-2010, 03:21 PM

(20-09-2010 03:06 PM)jkshrout Wrote:  
(20-09-2010 12:49 PM)Natasha B Wrote:  Hi, My name is Natasha. I'm 27 years old and I'm from Houston , TX. I am an assistant organizer for the Houston Atheist Meetup. I have been an atheist most of my life but I did start becomming really out spoken about a few years about due to my ex-husband's family trying to push their views down my throat.... you know like most theist do when they find out you're an atheist! The atheist meetup really helped me come out of the closet to everyone. Despite my family not taking my comming out too well (understatement) I feel like a weight has been lifted. I might be 27 but I'm still a kid inside :-P I love video games, anime, manga, reading and ect. for any body who uses xboxlive my gammer tag is FragYourDeity
Nice to meet you, and I LOVE your Gamertag. I'm angry at you for thinking of it before me. I'll add you. I'm "teh j00theist" (kind of like Jewtheist a.k.a. Jew turned atheist).

awesome :-P yea i figured since i no longer have to shair my gammertag with my ex husband im going make it atheist related since i no longer have to censor myself on my views XD
27-09-2010, 10:41 AM

hello.

I'm a 27yo married fat bloke with 2 kids near portsmouth in the uk. I was sent to a school that to this day states it's pride of bringing the next generation "proper christian values" ...... but some how helped me switch off before the age of 13! Anys i guessed i'd pop on here and say hello.
02-10-2010, 04:00 AM

Just wanted to introduce myself before taking a look around and learning more about this trading.so please help me..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shocked I am just going to introduce myself and start things off light. Dru Denizen 17 622 13-01-2014 04:05 AM
Last Post: Dee
  Introduce Myself Nevillean 1 226 23-06-2013 07:56 AM
Last Post: morondog
  [split] Introduce Yourself HERE! Thinking Mom's Letter thinkingmom 8 628 10-06-2013 01:53 PM
Last Post: viocjit
  Derailed :D[split] Introduce Yourself HERE! hylonome 81 4,008 27-08-2012 12:14 AM
Last Post: Atothetheist
  Please allow me to introduce myself Caveman 12 741 29-03-2012 07:22 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Can I Introduce Myself Video3tech 24 1,747 27-03-2012 11:36 PM
Last Post: aurora
Big Grin Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce myself! justacityboy 24 2,644 26-05-2010 07:12 PM
Last Post: Unbeliever