Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
02-10-2010, 01:56 PM

RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I am 15 years old, (young I know) and was raised catholic. I became athiest cause of biology class, Bill Nye the Science Guy, common sence, and reading the Bible cover to cover and finding nothing but a jelious monster. oh and one more thing, I am gay ^_^
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:oh and one more thing, I am gay

What does being gay have to do with being an atheist? Are gay people not supposed to believe in God? Or, is just the rejection by organized religion thing?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2010, 03:19 PM

(02-10-2010 02:34 PM)BnW Wrote:  
Quote:oh and one more thing, I am gay

What does being gay have to do with being an atheist? Are gay people not supposed to believe in God? Or, is just the rejection by organized religion thing?

it has nothing to do with it, just an interesting fact I wanted to share ^_^
05-10-2010, 06:26 AM

Hi, i grew up surrounded by religion except for my immediate family and i was raised to think for my self, i've always wanted to talk to people about atheism or at least know there are many more people out there that chose to not believe the lies. thanks
07-10-2010, 06:43 AM

As above, I was raised by religion, until I realize it is very silly. So here am I.
[+] 1 user Likes TheLaughingMan's post
13-10-2010, 07:27 PM

Hi. I'm Kelly. I'm 27 year old mother, married and Atheist. Nice to be here.
13-10-2010, 07:33 PM

(13-10-2010 07:27 PM)KellyMarie105 Wrote:  Hi. I'm Kelly. I'm 27 year old mother, married and Atheist. Nice to be here.

Hello Kelly, and welcome to you from a fellow newbie. Smile
13-10-2010, 07:37 PM

(13-10-2010 07:33 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  
(13-10-2010 07:27 PM)KellyMarie105 Wrote:  Hi. I'm Kelly. I'm 27 year old mother, married and Atheist. Nice to be here.

Hello Kelly, and welcome to you from a fellow newbie. Smile

Hi! Thanks for the welcome. Your siggy is hilarious.
14-10-2010, 07:19 AM

Hi. My name is André and I'm a 42-year-old divorced father of an 8yo demon boy Smile. I live near Cape Town, South Africa and I was raised Anglican and I had doubts as far back as I can remember. I recently found out that I'm agnostic theist and it looks like I'm the only theist in this thread Tongue. I don't have a problem with the existence of a deity (or whatever you want to call it), I have a problem with the bible. I don't believe it to be the word of a creator. I believe the bible to be about aliens pretending to be God Tongue.

I tried out being a pantheist as well, but I'm rethinking that one.
14-10-2010, 03:27 PM
(14-10-2010 07:19 AM)Agnostheist Wrote:  I believe the bible to be about aliens pretending to be God Tongue.

That is more realistic than many theist's beliefs.Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply