Introducing: Astra, not the most "common" Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2015, 05:42 PM
Thumbs Up Introducing: Astra, not the most "common" Christian
Hello, my name is Astra(nickname). Pleased to meet you! ^^
I am a Christian. But to be honest not the most "common" one. I believe in God, yes. But I am fairly skeptical towards most things, for example most Christian related topics. I am always challenging everything with my common sense and I try to see things from various sides. I try my best to be realistic.
(This way of thinking often makes me feel like I am a black sheep in many Christian communities and groups.)
That leads me to: Why am I here on this specific forum?
Well, I am here because I am interested in other peoples thoughts, believes and opinions. I have a big hunger for knowledge and it leads me to forums like these. Also, I am here because I like to meet new people and talk with them. I am open for discussion and any questions, so feel free to PM me any time. Of course no silly questions about my bust size or any like that Tongue XD

Some other info about me:
I am from Holland/The Netherlands. I am 21 years old. I have a long distance relationship with a very sweet guy from another country(who is an Atheist btw). I speak Dutch on school and home, but I often talk English with "The people from the Interwebs"(Skype and such). I am a student "Bookkeeping/Administration". In my spare time I watch Japanese animations called "Anime" and I am fairly interested in Japanese culture. I watch movies, series and many Youtube videos. And occasionally I play some games. Listening to Podcast is something I do often, but it's something I started doing not long ago so I am still very newbie atm.

Thank you for reading this all, I hope it is enough. Like I said before, any questions or discussions are welcome. Just PM me ;3 Hope to talk to you soon!

Oh and before I forget: I am not much of a bible person, so sorry to disappoint you if I can't recall/explain any phrases right away.(I did no bible study nor do I read often in it) It's not like I don't know any bible stories, but I need to read them up to get details straight. If you don't mind that, I don't mind it either ^^

"Viewing from the opposite side, is the best way to substantiate an opinion."
- Astra Moon, December 2015
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Astra_moon's post
13-12-2015, 05:48 PM
RE: Introducing: Astra, not the most "common" Christian
Welcome to TTA.

You'll find many a black sheep here.

... and not a single shepherd.

Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like DLJ's post
13-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Welcome!
13-12-2015, 05:59 PM
Welcome to TTA

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
13-12-2015, 06:18 PM
(13-12-2015 05:42 PM)Astra_moon Wrote:  Some other info about me:
I am from Holland/The Netherlands.
I love Within Temptation and Delain.

Unfortunately I have never been to Holland and it is such a long way away from NZ.
I doubt these bands will ever make it to here.

If I were in Holland it would be one of my top priorities to see these bands perform live.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
13-12-2015, 06:34 PM
Welcome aboard!

If you want to learn anything about your religion of choice, or theology in general please feel free to let me know. See you around the forums. Glad you found us.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
13-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Welcome!
13-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Welkom. Haven't been to the Netherlands for a few years, but I've always had great time there. The wife and I have some friends in Leiden.
13-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Welcome
There are plenty of anime fans on this forum, and some very knowledgeable Biblical scholars who I'm sure would be glad to answer any Bible-related questions, so don't worry about not being too familiar with it.
TBH, it's a pretty dry read. You're not missing much, really Smile

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
13-12-2015, 07:56 PM
Welcome!